Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Disco3 to Disco5 conversion …
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

LT wrote:
Yes, no doubt it will share a lot of L460 styling.

With both the L460 FFRR and Defender having the option of 7 seats, it’s hard to see what the target market is for the Discovery nowadays.

I cba to look up the recent U.K. sales figures for the D5, but I bet they’re low.

Sales were always reported as 'OK' and there was a sacrifice when Defender launched as that was the new kid on the block, star of the show, that everyone wanted. Internally D5 was a profitable car to make/sell and that probably still applies now, even in limited numbers (suppliers usually mop up the cost side of things....)

In reality after the newness of Defender wore off many realised it was the car they wanted, not the D5 luxo-barge which sat in no-mans land as pointed out by others here. I was even happy that my Defender replaced RRS I used to have as the actual under-skin tech is similar/comparable and its an easier car to live with and people don't look at you like a knob as many did when in a pimped RRS

Having driven many D5's I think they are great cars but way too far up the luxury scale, from drivers seat they are very RR like levels of luxury. If you have a family and can't have an RRS due to seats/cost you wouldn't be too unhappy sat behind the wheel of a D5 TBH.

Post #231693730th Nov 2022 12:15 pm
grzesiul

Poland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

most surprising to me personally is how bad uneconomical power plants are being installed in those new cars
packed with electronics to the roof with very inefficient motor like in new Defender why?
Why not make it self charging hybrid or even full EV where market share is growin mad to increase sales

platform is quite big similar to Rivian so ?

Post #231693830th Nov 2022 12:16 pm
Nasher

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

gstuart wrote:
Click image to enlarge

Now you see I quite like that, for me it addresses some of the D5 issues styling wise, and from the look of it could drop the waistline down a bit again so you can hang out of the widow a-la every Disco up until the D5

Oh, and yet again I must say I like the D5 offset rear end.
It's just a shame it's on such a rounded sticky-out Censored in the first place.
 Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over.  
Post #231694130th Nov 2022 12:22 pm
Russell

United Kingdom 

Problem is there will not be a D6
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #23171472nd Dec 2022 12:42 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

gstuart wrote:
Click image to enlarge

That's got an FL2 vibe going for it for me.
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #23171822nd Dec 2022 11:25 am
Moleshome

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4

Another car they ruined when it was replaced by the Discovery Sport.

Post #23171872nd Dec 2022 12:35 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

I liked the FL2 and I like the DS. Sure, the DS isn't as utilitarian as the FL2 was, but we know that LR's idea is to go ever more away from utilitarian vehicles - it's all "premium" vehicles these days.

I wouldn't say the DS replaces the FL2. The FL2 was the end of that line of LR products. The DS is the start of a new line. What becomes of the DS if the rumoured death of the Discovery line actually occurs is an interesting question.

Could LR just have two lines - the Range Rover family and the Defender family?
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #23171892nd Dec 2022 12:49 pm
ronp

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Ran a FL2 for a few years in between D4s, was a good reliable motor, but for me, not in the same league as the Disco.

Way back then, l always felt that this would've been the ideal replacement for the FL2 [rather than going all "jelly mould" with the DS].

The FL3
 I was a normal heterosexual chap, but in these new woke awakenings I now identify as a Wardrobe.  
Post #23171942nd Dec 2022 1:29 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

My indie used to have FL2 as loan cars and now use DS for the same purpose. I always said of the FL2 that it would have been a great car if one hadn't driven one of the bigger cousins. Getting back in to the RRS after the FL2 was quite an eye opener. Likewise the DS. They're both great in isolation but look weak once one has lived with the "real thing".
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8

Post #23171952nd Dec 2022 1:37 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >