Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General (D4)

Disco4 & a Velar
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
richardch

Switzerland 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 4
Disco4 & a Velar

So as we are spoilt brats and have multiple Children and Dogs, my wife and I, decided we needed another Land Rover to meet our lifestyle needs (lots of children and dogs, and me being able to bog off skiing in the D4 with my mates, without my wife b*tching about it). So my initial thought was let's buy another D4, its simply f*king brilliant. Then wifey informed me that we were not going to have another D4, even after I suggested that I could be flexible about the colour!

Plan B was to test drive a used D5, but this is rather like driving an American School bus, so the idea was quickly canned.

Plan C was a winner, we buy a circa 2015 RRS Sport, wifey can laud around in it, the dogs are happy, it def costs more than a good D4, but she will feel like the queen & I can have a hassle free life vs previously henpecked husband. So I find a great 2016 RRS to go for a test drive but it feels big, old and low tech and probably even worse than a D4.

Hmm this is now becoming a problem, so there is a 2019 Velar P380 HSE in the lot too, so we take this for a spin up the hill. Wifey and I are taken aback about how much better in terms of handling and tech it is and it has a panoramic glass roof and a very large opening sunroof, unlike our current D4 which doesnt have a sunroof but our D3 did. It also has a head-up dispaly which will reduce my wife's speeding fines. I could even sit behind myself in the back and I am 6'6

So it was pretty clear that we needed a Velar and eventually I found a brand new late 2018 D300 SE model, with zillions of extras and negotiated 35% off the new list price.

So there you go def a surprise to me, wifey is delighted, getting the EGR restrictor valve and K&N filters installed next week.

Post #22866305th Apr 2022 5:28 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

As we all know, a happy wife is a happy life. Thumbs Up

What has the car been sitting unused for so long?

Post #22866315th Apr 2022 5:31 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >