Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Discovery 3 suspension fault diagnosis
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
hcm75

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Discovery 3 suspension fault diagnosis

Hi there, I know this is a well trodden area of the forum but I am struggling to find the exact symptoms I have discussed. I have a 2008 Disco 3 with 110,000 miles. The suspension bags are original but the compressor and tank are recently replaced. I still get intermittent suspension faults on the dash and often the back end will sink over night, hard to determine which side is worse. There was also a strange but loud and sharp creaking noise emitted from the rear drivers side last time I had the vehicle on the road, just when the last bout of suspension faults started.
When I jack it up and disconnect the battery the suspension is solid and does not sink over several days so pretty confident it is not the bags. It is also more than capable of jacking itself up quickly so not worried about the compressor or tank. I realise that this leaves the valve blocks but I am very reluctant to start interfering with them as they are heavily corroded, as is the whole underside.
Knowing however that I will have to address this I am wondering if there are any further troubleshooting steps I can take to isolate the fault further and reduce the work in breaking old corroded connections.

Post #23096484th Oct 2022 10:30 am
nigethecat

Ukraine 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Hello and welcome to the mad house Laughing

Firstly do you have any kind of code reader ? IID tool would be perfect but Autel or ICarSoft would also work and get the codes read... If you travel up near Huntly/Aberchirder then I can do that with my IID (but can't change anything).

It could be valve blocks or it could be a leak elsewhere in the system... have you tried removing fuse 26 and leaving the car overnight to see if it still drops? The suspension tries to self level so it can help pinpoint what is going on...

If you have time drop on the the "hello and welcome" thread and introduce yourself there as well as there are a few of us up in this area... Thumbs Up
 I want to see the sweets before I get into your windowless van... I'm not stupid!

Corris Grey D4 Commercial SE 2016
Zermatt Sliver 2007 D3 SE manual (gone)
Indus Silver D4 HSE 2015 (gone)
Bonatti Grey D3 HSE 2006 (gone)
White D3 S (LHD) 2007 (gone)
Firenze Red D4 HSE 2014 (gone)
Black RRS 3.6TDV8 2008 (gone)
Rusty Green Defender 110 1997 (gone)
Black FL2 HSE 2013 (gone) 

Post #23096524th Oct 2022 11:48 am
Pete K

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3