Discovery 4 - all dashboard light on!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Disco44

Finland 
Discovery 4 - all dashboard light on!

Hi to everyone!
My first post here.

I have a 2010 Discovery 4 2.7 diesel with a manual 6-speed transmission.
All is working well and proper except one peculiar problem: once the car is running and I put the leaver in reverse, all dashboard lights turn on, RPM gauge drops to zero and all warning messages begin to cycle on the display. Also the backup warning buzzer remains on, even if I take it out of reverse.
Car can be driven even with all the lights on with no problem.

Once I cycle the car off and on all warnings dissapear and I can drive without any issues.
When I drive forward and cycle thru manual gears its not a problem, once I select reverse this happens.

I noticed that it does not do it when the weather is below freezing untill the cabin is well warmed up.

I have read the fault codes. Ofcourse it gives over 10 different ones once all the lights are on. All seem to relate that communication between different modules get lost once the reverse gear is applied.
One obvious code is in the ABS/Traction control and it is U0126-00 Lost communication with steering wheel angle sensor.
Now I have a spare angle sensor at hand and it gives the same fault codes and issues with that one.

Has anyone else experienced the same issues with their Disco 4 with manual tranny?
Are there some common places where wiring gets messed up and it gives following problems, once the reverse is applied?
Where to look next?

Post #211219811th Jan 2020 3:36 pm
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

You have a canbus issue, sounds like its a broken or corroded wire, maybe a parking sensor wire, you will have to start checking all the canbus wires. Check the two big connectors at the passenger side rear or the rear wheel.

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #211222511th Jan 2020 5:36 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >