Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Discovery LR3 suspension defaults C1A13 C1A36
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Land Willys

Discovery LR3 suspension defaults C1A13 C1A36

My D3 is suddenly ran out of suspension during my vacation in Corsica. The workshop Ajaccio being permanently closed, I stop in Marseille to get the car in T4 diagnosing a fault on the exhaust valve of the compressor. The dealer recommends I change the compressor. As I have no confidence in the dealer in my country (In France, near spanish border), I therefore command on Ebay (to avoid: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/LAND-ROVER4X4-DISCOVERY-SPARES) supposedly almost nine but certainly repackaged. For information, see more here (http://www.famousfour.com/new_parts/parts-...-accs.html).

After the compressor change my car is still down and as each pass is paid in T4, then I order a BLACKBOX FAULMATE FCR30 that can read, interpret and clear all fault codes. Thanks to read codes (C1A13, C1A36), I found information on the forums English and Spanish. I also consult the manual online workshop (TOPIX), which gives me more information.

I then take a simple ohmmeter to test the exhaust valve, I also tests the compressor motor. Everything works. And also removed the old compressor.

Always with my ohmmeter, I test the wire harness and I think: short-circuit and wire break another.
All that alone, lying on the ground under the car and without being able to understand the pattern provided by the documentation. Just a little common sense and recognize the colors of the wires. But I reached my level of incompetence. I can not go any further because only disconnect the wiring harness of the ECU requires reconfiguration and I do not have to FAULTMATE MSV2 EXTREME here.
Exclamation
With my diagnosis, I'm going to Spain at the dealership and told him what I did.
Instead of starting where I left off, and as this is not a real mechanic, he changes one after the other parts that T4 told him to change. Once it has changed everything without success (no matter it is the customer who pays), it finally reaches the same conclusion as me. It then repairs the beam whose short-circuit caused the destruction of the suspension ECU.

What lessons I draw from this adventure? If there is a next time I take my responsibilities and I shall require the dealer to begin when I told him. Otherwise, I stop all work and I go elsewhere. With FAULTMATE and consultation online workshop manual, I gave myself the means to analyze the failures is that it may serve me. Obviously, this is not yet won.

Post #7015519th Oct 2010 9:15 am
GraemeS

Australia 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

Next time, persist with your own diagnosis and ask for help if you get stumped as it seems that you almost got there. Wiring diagrams are available from Topix, so armed with them and the Faultmate you should be able to solve most problems, including detecting short circuits and broken wires without replacing non-failed components.

Post #7015829th Oct 2010 11:50 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >