Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays

Done it - bought a Tin Tent - ADVICE PLEASE!!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Gornalhills

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Hi, and welcome to the wonderfull world of tin shacking, after reading all the tips and tricks advised they are all spot on an a wealth of information. My advice to you is the same advice I gave to my best friend , SECURITY WHEELCLAMP SECURITY !!!, upon arriving at brean sands myself and best mate (at the time) set up our vans for our family holiday, me for 2wks he for 1wk. The first trip out he was a happy bunny and we had a fantastic 1st week, upon his departure with all the family waving and us waving back he then pulled away. Previous to this I asked have you checked everything before you set off, "don,t worry he said" its all in hand, as he pulled away there was a sound like a 747 crashing on to a tin village!!! "oh my god" my wife cried whats that. Upon inspection he had travelled 10-15 mts with the wheel clamp still attached !! it had ate the surrounding body in vicinity of the wheel, Rolling with laughter needless to say im not his best mate now. The van sold on Ebay reluctantly the following week for £180.00 Big Cry It not all bad news, the new owner was very pleased with the interior. The moral of this storey is check everything before you pull away Thumbs Up

Post #12661837th Apr 2014 7:32 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >