Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D3)

Double Din Stereo installation- no power!!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
drdobby

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Double Din Stereo installation- no power!!!!

"Hi all
I have recently bought a double din media unit for my disco 3 and have removed the old single cd base unit with no problems, I have purchased the new fascias and got iso connector for it but I have again fallen into the realms of having the small connector hanging freely as it doesn't fit into the new wiring harness?
Having read 1000's of post I am getting mixed signals that the smaller if the two plugs/ sockets doesn't do any thing and then but also I hear that it has the 12volt and earth supply and I will need to bridge it ?
I have plugged everything in that fits and I getting no power so I think that I need to do the latter if the two to get powered up?
I don't know how to bridge anything and whether it retains the power? Do I need to cut anything?

I appreciate that you have helped a lot of people with this and your help would be great! Unfortunately you will have to break it down into small pieces as I am not very clued up on this sort of thing"

I've pasted this from another post- I'm in exactly the same situation- I don't know how to bridge from the 12v supply and have blown 2 fuses already Confused Crying or Very sad The harness hooks up fine but doesn't seem to be any connection for the red wire on the harness to the Land Rover socket. I presently can't tell if there's a problem with the new unit I've bought.

Any help would be great- I have the low line audio unit and bought the correct iso harness- Are there any walk thru guides on the problem- I've been on YouTube but no joy so far

Thanks

Post #233167129th Mar 2023 6:44 pm
Pete K

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

You will need to take an ignition supply from the rear of the cigar lighter green wire and run to the radio red or yellow wire (which ever has no connection to new headunit. )

Did the old headunit have 2 orange optical tubes ?
If yes, your wasting your time as the colour display above will no longer work and you need an expensive loom to get speakers to work

Post #233167829th Mar 2023 8:02 pm
loanrangie

Australia 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Small plug is the aux input which aftermarket head units or looms don't have, you should have power thru the ISO plugs .

Post #233169530th Mar 2023 12:02 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >