Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D4)

Dual Battery Juntion Box-Actuator Stuck Closed?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Ceekay

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4
Dual Battery Juntion Box-Actuator Stuck Closed?

As per title as anyone come across this on their D4? It will be on models with start/stop as it relates to the battery junction box between the normal battery and the small aux battery, and from what I've found is located next to the small aux batt.

Their was a recall I believe for this part being faulty on earlier D4's but not covering my later model chassis number but I suppose during the last year of the D4 build they may of just used what was left in the parts bucket Rolling Eyes

It is stating stuck closed so not sure if this can be rectified or has to be replaced at around £200 for the part. I have no warnings on the dash just the stop start does not work. I can switch start/stop off and it shows a warning on the screen to show ive cancelled it but switching it on again gives no warnings and does not work. (I know that's a good thing but being a fussy sod I need all gadgets to work and then I will choose to use or not)

Any advice greatly appreciated as there doesn't seem to of been much info about this as such.

D4 HSE Lux MY16 Club Waitomo
D3 HSE MY06 missing her still… 

Post #202367830th Jan 2019 3:55 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MrH

United Kingdom 

Yup our MY16 showed similar fault, when I checked it for the suspension fault codes - never looked into it, simply saw it as another reason to get shot of the D4, which we did the same day it had the compressor replaced.
 LRs are a fond memory, apart from the maintenance.  
Post #202371630th Jan 2019 6:20 pm
Avalon

Germany 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SCV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Check the state of the start/stop battery and related connectors. From the service manual:

B1479-73: Power Supply Distribution Box - Actuator stuck closed
NOTE: Circuit Actuator stuck closed reference V BATT 2
- Power supply distribution box circuit - Short circuit to ground, open circuit, high resistance
- Power supply distribution box - Internal failure

- Refer to the electrical circuit diagrams and checkthe power supply distribution box circuit for short
circuit to ground, open circuit, high resistance. Repair circuit as required
- Using the manufacturer approved diagnostic system, clear the DTCs, lock the vehicle and wait 2
minutes. Unlock the vehicle and retest. If the fault persists, install a new power supply distribution
box as required
 Disco4 V6 SC HSE (MY2014)  
Post #202380630th Jan 2019 9:48 pm
Ceekay

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Thanks Avalon,

Not sure I know how to carry out the right checks but will have a go.

Would of thought if it had a short and the actuator was stuck closed it would also cause the main battery some problems as they are obviously linked to be able to charge the small aux batt, unless stuck closed is the disconnected mode? I will check the small battery for charge too as if this is dead then no charge as got through or the would be short has destroyed it i would think?

Any testing advice anyone?
 D4 HSE Lux MY16 Club Waitomo
D3 HSE MY06 missing her still… 

Post #202389731st Jan 2019 10:21 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >