Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D4)

DVD rear entertainment system on d4
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
dejongj

United Kingdom 

I've got aftermarket headrests in both my Navara and Murano, costs just about £200 for a set...come with lots of built-in games, support DIVX/MP4 in addition to DVD and you can play the same on both or different on each and each can be the master to play on the other screen...All in real leather and comes with wireless headsets, remotes and game controller...

Would be the first upgrade I'd do on the D4 when the Murano gets replaced...Lots and lots available on ebay...
 Jean-Paul  
Post #53966325th Oct 2009 4:46 am
mwestcrew

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

I've used this route to add RSE in a couple of cars and really don't think that it's a solution for a D4HSE. The leather that they use is not up to the standard of the XS leather let alone the premium leather in an HSE and would certainly not be the same colour as the ebony which is not black whatever anyone says. I should think from my experience that the other colours would not be a very close match either.

Then there is the quality of the image on the screens, I bought the best aftermarket headrest kit I could find and the quality was still nowhere near that of the LandRover Genuine RSE kit either in my FFRR or in the new D4.

There is also the question of reliability. I don't suppose that in two years and eleven months an E-Bay trader will still be around, let alone willing to replace a DVD drive under warranty. Still think the LR RSE option is worth it, I priced up an Alpine install with headrest monitors and a hide away drive and an aux input switcher and with the installation it wasn't much cheaper, a compatible TV tuner for both analogue and digital actually cost more and couldn't be integrated with the Nav screen.
 2011 D4 Landmark, Mini Cooper SD Clubman, Range Rover Vogue SE  
Post #53973325th Oct 2009 11:35 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >