Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > My Discovery 4

E-mail from Landrover
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
LiftedDisco

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 4

I ordered mine in August with an advised build date of October - given that mine is a Commercial, I was told that the car would then go to Special Vehicles to be converted and that delivery should be mid- to late November... this was then changed to 'sometime in January'!

I had a long and somewhat tense conversation with a chap from Land Rover Corporate Sales who told me that Commercials are done in batches and that the next availability would be the January vehicle.

However, he did also say that they have far outperformed their expectations on the D4 and simply can't get engines quick enough (therefore, as above, a supply issue rather than a quality issue...) and that they would, potentially, be diverting factory time to delivery of D4's at the expense of RRS.

He commented that they make more profit (!) on RRS than D4's (given that it's virtually the same under the skin...), to which I was less than sympathetic.

I think that the engine supply issue is genuine - 'just-in-time' is now not quite on time and it's slowing the entire output.

Of course, what's stopping you negotiating for the last little extra that you might need (full size spare possibly?) to counter your disappointment and inconvenience at the delay...

Hope this helps

Post #70447717th Oct 2010 8:27 am
Discobailey

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

Well looking good now! Landrover must have found some engines Laughing Just had a call Bow down Bow down Bow down Yey the discovery is at the dealer in bradford Very Happy Yep it has arrived at last, covered in wax though so need to wait while the 4th for pickup Whistle Need to get new reg number oh and tell Churchill to get ready for a new quote Laughing

Taken all kit off D2 Inc tow hitch Very Happy

So next post will be after Thursday at 4;00 Bow down Whistle
 Disco 4 Difflock on rear, side running bars, leather upgrade! tow hitch 7 & 13 pin electrics oh and roof bars  
Post #71013430th Oct 2010 7:00 pm
LiftedDisco

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 4

Discobailey wrote:
Landrover must have found some engines Laughing

Yeah... heard that they'd done a deal with Briggs and Stratton to tide them over until Christmas...

Should be OK, hope you can cope with the small petrol tank though...

Rolling with laughter

Sorry... jealousy is a terrible thing!

Hope all goes well... look forward to your posts of utter joy on Thurs...

Post #71019030th Oct 2010 9:27 pm
Discobailey

Well it's 2-11-10 and I went in to sign for the new reg today!! Razz Oh and had a look at the new car. Thumbs Up Bloody he'll, it looks the biz!! Whistle Big, long and wider than the D2. I sat inside with dealer watching me, god the leather upgrade is ace.... an extra 3 cows were needed Rolling Eyes I think. So with Foot on brake I pressed the stop/start button Very Happy oh my god, the dash lit up like blackpool illuminations, computer checks and then into life it went!!!! It sounded like poetry in motion! 600Nm of torque ready for take off....but wait, no reg or insurance... Embarassed Crap, engine off.

Churchill bloody crap! Can insure straight away, can not drive my D2 though!!! Great, so how does one tax it then?
So back home and one call to Landrover for a FREE Razz 7 day cover, car will be ready for Friday 3:00! Bow down
 Disco 4 Difflock on rear, side running bars, leather upgrade! tow hitch 7 & 13 pin electrics oh and roof bars  
Post #7112632nd Nov 2010 9:14 pm
Russell

United Kingdom 

Few sleepless nights left, then Mr. Green Mr. Green Thumbs Up
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #7113492nd Nov 2010 11:57 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Discobailey

Bow down Bow down Its mine now Whistle Its in the garage waiting for it's tow hitch to be fitted. It is the best discovery I have ever had Very Happy Power!!! Have not even used half of it and it's still quicker than the D2 Very Happy

Kids love all the room Very Happy Bluetooth setup for iPhone Bow down Can not wait to get caravan on the back Rolling Eyes

Anyway I am off it's time to set up the radio, you should see the size of the book that came with the disco Rolling with laughter
Post #7128336th Nov 2010 11:31 am
Discobailey

Fitter the towbar Rolling with laughter It took about 1 hour Rolling with laughter Only to find out it had to go to the dealer to get the computer setup to tell the car it is fitter Laughing rang them £90 + vat Rolling with laughter Well hit the roof and got it for £40.

Anyway I got the disco cleaned and checked Rolling with laughter After 113 miles. I do not know, what is the world coming to? They have to check it though.

Anyway just fitted the arm rest to the car on the drivers side Thumbs Up So that's me set now, well apart from finding a live feed of 12 volts that does not turn off with the ignition. Hence the other thread to find out the wire colours under the seat!! Thanks to mr x for the wiring diagram
Post #71515011th Nov 2010 9:40 pm
bellautos

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Glad you like your new car mate, if you get chilling in winter dont forget the Timed climate option i offer Smile

PS, what armrest did you fit ?

Pete

Post #71517611th Nov 2010 10:09 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Discobailey

I got the armrest foc with the D2 Very Happy This was to calm me down after a cock up with the order. Made a bracket on the lathe Razz Then pulled up the leather and fixed it to the seat frame. It looks top notch
Post #71528712th Nov 2010 8:22 am
Discobailey

Well a couple of weeks have passed Very Happy No problems so far, one done 218 miles too and from work Very Happy And the computer says I am getting 19 to the gallon Rolling with laughter Its all that rush hour traffic.
Any way finished my bike rack, plenty of mig welding needed for that. It fixes to the top holes on the multiple height tow hitch Smile Roof rack done as well. Welded up a frame for the roof box Very Happy Used miller to make some T bolts for the roof rails on the disco's roof Smile So yet another top job Thumbs Up

Ready for France next year now Rolling with laughter
Post #71851020th Nov 2010 4:39 pm
Discobailey

Sat at the lights the other day Very Happy Foot ready to hit the gas Very Happy Good god the acceleration was amazing Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Well I was on ice and packed snow facing uphill! I tell you the D4 is just the best, I am sure rear Diff lock Bow down kicked in, must have done because after 15 seconds the car behind me was a dot in my mirror Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Thinking of ordering a D4? Well what you waiting for get one Thumbs Up

Warm up time is very quick even at -6 outside Rolling with laughter

Love it Bow down
Post #7276597th Dec 2010 8:52 pm
Discobailey

well car has done 2200 miles now Very Happy no problems so far Bow down Getting about 25 to the gallon since I purchased it. Not reset the trip B on the computer yet!!

Anyway sick of getting into a cold discovery so ordered the Remote heater fob Very Happy that will be ready on Thursday for them to hook up the testbook and program the computer.

This will be an ace option when in the caravan Rolling with laughter Just point it out the window and it will soon be nice and warm Whistle

Can see the car through the window at work so when ready will press the button Whistle
Post #75391329th Jan 2011 5:22 pm
SHARKYSHARKS

England 

Are you taking your D4 to the Stealers for your Remote heater mod ??
 MY18 D5 HSE LUX😎
MY12 Freelander SD4 HSE
44 Tonne 12 Litre 6x2 Scania T cab (Current)
Freelander 1 (Wrote off 😫)
Ex D1
Ex D2 GS
Ex V8 D2 GS
Ex D3 S
Ex D4 GS
Club skip ya lockers !!!
Club BAS remote heater !!
Club Duratrac
Club Phillips DRL
Club Prospeed Rack Mk 1
Club Prospeed Rack Mk 2
Club Sankey
Club RLD spare wheel protector

Post #75391629th Jan 2011 5:28 pm
Discobailey

Yep it's going into Bradford main dealer
Post #75391929th Jan 2011 5:41 pm
SHARKYSHARKS

England 

Go on then Disco Bailey Wot are they charging for that then ? are they screwing your cap on ?
 MY18 D5 HSE LUX😎
MY12 Freelander SD4 HSE
44 Tonne 12 Litre 6x2 Scania T cab (Current)
Freelander 1 (Wrote off 😫)
Ex D1
Ex D2 GS
Ex V8 D2 GS
Ex D3 S
Ex D4 GS
Club skip ya lockers !!!
Club BAS remote heater !!
Club Duratrac
Club Phillips DRL
Club Prospeed Rack Mk 1
Club Prospeed Rack Mk 2
Club Sankey
Club RLD spare wheel protector

Post #75399229th Jan 2011 8:20 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >