Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays

Easyjet
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

I very much doubt the airlines have the funds to pay all the refunds due, and headlines like those from the increasingly irrelevant "WHICH" this morning will stoke the fires of folks demanding their money back. This will mean

1) No more cheap airlines once this is over; and
2) Customers will go to the back of the queue as the various governments and corporate creditors get their pound of flesh.

I don't think there is a pain free way out of this one for anybody. Not a popular message these days, where traditional and social media always demand a "win", but sometimes there just is no good outcome.
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #214038122nd Apr 2020 1:33 pm
geoffsnook

Wales 

Had my email from easy jet asked swmbo she said just re book the flights to spain for next year so did and only cost £4 extra lets just hope there still going but i see villa plus are just jacking up there prices was looking at Corfu with a 4 bed villa for end of September which was £805 not over £1200 i think that is taking the Censored a bit so will not book with them again
 Discovery 3 se gone
Range rover sport supercharged here:) 

Post #214041122nd Apr 2020 2:57 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Ferries are in a similar position. I have a couple of overnight cross channel crossings booked, deposit paid, balance needs to be paid in 2 weeks time. If I don't pay the balance, I lose the deposit. If I pay the balance, there's little guarantee the crossings will happen (early July).

Those familiar with overnight ferry crossing prices will know this isn't quite transatlantic air prices, but not far off!

They are currently looking to operate a full timetable from mid May, but as France and/or UK gov make changes to their lockdown they are bumping this back. As such I'm unlikely to get much more than 2-3 weeks notice if my trip goes ahead, and then there's the issue of the bookings for 2 hotels, 1 Rammstein gig and a chalet in the Alps to resolve!

At the moment the actual trip is a long way from my mind. The potential loss of all or part of the ferry cost is a pain, but in the grand scheme of things not so terrible. If they offer me vouchers for use within 12 months I'll take that.

The chalet is the one that I need to reconcile. It's owned and run by friends who took a kicking financially when the ski season ended prematurely and they were ordered to close their sports equipment shops. They've had nil income since February. We usually pay on arrival (mates rates), but as I'm still working I feel the right thing to do is transfer the money to them now. They'll probably be rather cross with me and try and return it, but it feels like the right thing to do.
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #214044822nd Apr 2020 5:35 pm
waterbuoy

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Al

As someone who is in a very similar position to your mates with regard to cashflow (both recent and projected) I think anything would be appreciated. We run a charter business and have suggested to customers that we split the deposit with them - if not then it is unlikely we will have any boats at all for next season (>80% of this season's bookings have cancelled already). The vast majority have taken this very well, some have asked for full deposit to be returned (which we have done) and others have told us that they don't want to see the deposit but would like us to be around next year - some have even offered direct financial support! You can guess who will be getting priority with regard to bookings for 2021 and 2022

I suspect your friends will still have fixed outgoings like we do, so anything offered is likely to be of help, irrespective of their personal financial situation Thumbs Up
 Currently 2009 Disco 3 SE and 2013 MY D4 HSE
Previously:
TD5 Defender 110 CSW (230k miles)
300TDi Disco 1 (289k)
4 RR Classics (300-350k each, 2 manual, 2 auto)
110 V8 CSW (220k)
S3 109 hi cap pickup (ex RN)
S2A 88 Safari SW with lpg conversion (bloody lethal) 

Last edited by waterbuoy on 22nd Apr 2020 7:33 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #214045122nd Apr 2020 5:48 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Good shout. I'll dust off my best French accent and have a chat with them this evening. Thumbs Up
Post #214045622nd Apr 2020 6:00 pm
Sea Raider

I have a Stena Ferry booked for Ireland in August, Stena have already offered me the opportunity to use the ticket any time this year or next. Thats fair enough and I'm happy to do that but.....

regarding the other holidays we had booked we have over £5000 tied up in those still to be refunded even although I have requested and had acknowledgement that refunds are on there way but its now been 5 weeks and still nothing.

I'm happy to support local businesses but not those who will bite the hand that feeds as quick as look at you.

Post #214045722nd Apr 2020 6:06 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Also a very fair point.

As ever there are nuances to all of this. Some businesses will fail and there'll be a shrug. There's a human cost, always at the bottom of the chain in the staffing model, but that tends to go unseen.

On the flip side, the money you're talking about is a game changer for many, so right that you protect it.

In short, no one size fits all, and no winners, but if we can minimise the losers it helps.
Post #214045822nd Apr 2020 6:15 pm
Aerialmark

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

We are booked with Easyjet for the end of May to see Queen and Adam Lambert in Amsterdam but it has now been postponed until the same date next year. We are going to hang on to our concert tickets and rebook our flights. We are just waiting for the EJ booking system to get to May 21 ( I believe they are up to the 18/4/21 at the moment) Fingers crossed the prices are not much more Thumbs Up
 The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything;
They just make the best of everything they have. 

Post #214046522nd Apr 2020 6:53 pm
waterbuoy

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Sea Raider wrote:
regarding the other holidays we had booked we have over £5000 tied up in those still to be refunded even although I have requested and had acknowledgement that refunds are on there way but its now been 5 weeks and still nothing.

I'm happy to support local businesses but not those who will bite the hand that feeds as quick as look at you.

I think our situation is a little different - we were holding no more than £500 deposit per booking; our suggested 50:50 split means that each group (typically of 5 or 6) will loose £250. This equates to a (sizeable) round of drinks per crew member, but will give us a realistic chance of still being around next season. Some of them have acknowledged that as they cancelled the booking they should forfeit the whole charter fee (£2-2.5k typically) so are actually seeing us as being very generous. The fact that the boats are still ashore is neither here nor there Whistle
 Currently 2009 Disco 3 SE and 2013 MY D4 HSE
Previously:
TD5 Defender 110 CSW (230k miles)
300TDi Disco 1 (289k)
4 RR Classics (300-350k each, 2 manual, 2 auto)
110 V8 CSW (220k)
S3 109 hi cap pickup (ex RN)
S2A 88 Safari SW with lpg conversion (bloody lethal) 

Post #214047722nd Apr 2020 7:31 pm
Sea Raider

Another update

Sea Raider wrote:
Update

Sea Raider wrote:

Flights (Icelandair) £4000 - 4/6 weeks for a refund - still waiting since 19 March
Villa hire - paid a 50% deposit of around £1000 - no response to several emails, Credit Card Co not interested - still not heard anything
Park tickets - £400 each, they want 20% return fee, £80 a ticket for what exactly?
Car hire - £600 - returned within 24hrs

Early April as a Christmas prezzie we were off to Venice
Flights with Easyjet refunded but still waiting on the cash - still waiting
Hotel with Expedia - cant get an answer - refunded

Icelandair Flights refunded

Post #214197428th Apr 2020 7:22 am
riverblanche

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hi,
bit of an update from our side of things, should have flown to Italy on Saturday Sad

Airbnb full refund received of the 2 houses booked

Luton airport parking full refund received, their terms did say a £25 admin fee would be deducted but no

Easyjet flight, friend had the email (she booked it) notifying it was cancelled and details for refund, had confirmation we will get full refund, but does also say not to contact until 90 days after if not received Shocked

can live with that and will wait,
in the mean time we have spaghetti, meat balls, pizza and panna cotta all ready for the weekend Laughing
do I try and get some Campari Question got Gin and vermouth already to make a Negroni Whistle

Ciao a Tutti
 Transit! 2019
Gone D3 HSE 2008
Another Porsche Cayenne 2022
Gone Porsche Cayenne 2020
Gone RRS HSE Dynamic 2016
Gone RRS HSE LUX 2011
Gone RRS HSE 2006
Gone D3 SE 2.7 2008
gone D2 Td5 1999

I plan on living forever and so far so good !

Club DG Mclaren stuff

Post #21443867th May 2020 10:11 pm
Sea Raider

Easyjet update

Further update

Sea Raider wrote:
Update

Sea Raider wrote:

Flights (Icelandair) £4000 - 4/6 weeks for a refund - refunded
Villa hire - paid a 50% deposit of around £1000 - no response to several emails, Credit Card Co not interested - insurance claim
Park tickets - £400 each, they want 20% return fee, £80 a ticket for what exactly?
Car hire - £600 - returned within 24hrs

Early April as a Christmas prezzie we were off to Venice
Flights with Easyjet refunded but still waiting on the cash - REFUNDED sort of
Hotel with Expedia - cant get an answer - refunded

Easyjet have today refunded the basic price of the flights
Still waiting on the baggage and seat upgrades being refunded, appears this can take a further 28 days

Post #214803822nd May 2020 8:40 am
Scott #55

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

It's amazing that their technology can take the payment from your card almost as soon as your finger leaves the keyboard, but their refunds need SO much work.
 2014 - D4 2010 HSE Nara Bronze
2012 - FL2 2009 GS Stornoway Grey
2001 - VW Passat Estate Inky Blue
1999 - Ford Mondeo Light Blue
1998 - Rover 25 Red 

Post #214804122nd May 2020 9:11 am
Sea Raider

Agree, 16th of March requested a refund from Easyjet and 22nd May - refunded (sort of)

Post #214804222nd May 2020 9:16 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >