DISCO4.COM > Technical (D4)

ecu
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
colin6307

United Kingdom 
ecu

I am buying a new D4, hope in April.
Thinking of fiting led lamp for off road use, draws 190watts, will this cause a problem with the ecu?
Regards
Colin

Post #125652321st Mar 2014 1:11 pm
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Must be a bloody bright LED that draws 190W Shocked
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #125658821st Mar 2014 3:06 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Colin

Any high power item, no matter what it is, should be switched via a Relay and so fed directly from the battery via a suitible fuse.

The draw of the signal side of the relay would be so small as to not cause any ECU problems.

Regards
Also Colin Wink

Post #125662921st Mar 2014 4:37 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
colin6307

United Kingdom 
ecu

Colin
Many thanks for that.
If of interest probably not, last time i was in Cyprus 1958
Cheers
Colin

Post #125663421st Mar 2014 4:44 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

You are most welcome Colin Thumbs Up

But as Disco_Mikey says, 190 watts which equates to 15 Amps current draw at 12 Volts for an LED lamp is ridiculously high.

When it comes to LED lamps there is a comparison aspect to their non LED equivilents.

for example, on this thread
http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic109460.html
standard GU10 bulbs that are typically 50 Watts are being replaced with LED equivilents that produce the same light output, but are just 5 Watts approx.

In the same way, recently my Swimming pools Light bulb blew. This is also 12 Volts and is a 300 Watt bulb, which i am replacing with a an LED replacement that is just 40 Watts, but produces a light output that is actually higher and brighter than the old 300 Watt bulb.

It costs less than the origional bulb and even comes with a wireless remote control for its many colour changing tricks. Ain't progress great Thumbs Up

Re your last visit to Cyprus in 1958, what can i say, other than things have changed here quite a bit since then Rolling with laughter

One thing that has thankfully not changed is just how nice and warm the people who live here are.

ATB

Colin

Post #125665421st Mar 2014 5:47 pm
colin6307

United Kingdom 
ecu

Have you lost any money from your bank account, i have been led to believe the authorities
have nicked peoples money

Post #125667721st Mar 2014 6:51 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Quote:
i have been led to believe the authorities have nicked peoples money

You have indeed not been misled in this, as it is actually absolutely true and somthing many do not appreciate is something we have also had to endure here due to political incompetence on an unimaginable scale.

It was bad enough that through sheer incompetance, Cyprus's Main Power station was destroyed in the Mari Disaster, causing a multi million Euro loss and leaving everyone without electricity for many months.

Then further incompetance and mis handling resulted in us all waking up one morning to discover that the Cyprus Governnment had effectively conviscated all the monies held in all Banks overnight.

The degree of further stupidity and incompetence from the Cyprus government reached levels that no one reading it could even believe and even i still struggle to come to terms with how badly this Govenment have handled things and the devastation that they have caused and still affects Cyprus very badly, even now.

It seems like the worlds entire press turned up expecting to capture images of massive riots and revolt and in some cases even attempted to provoke this.
After all, many had rioted and set blaze to buildings in London etc with but a fraction of this degree of provocation to do so.

But they were gladly dissapointed as oppresion and Governmental incompetance is something most Cypriots have experienced, understand and have learned to live with and take in their stride.

Hence my comment that despite things changing here since 1958, thankfully the people who live here have not.

Despite all local problems, Cypriots still continue to offer and provide a level of hospitality that is second to none, just as they always have.

Post #125713722nd Mar 2014 7:11 pm
colin6307

United Kingdom 
ecu

Excellent reply, and many thanks.
Now if this so called legal scam can be carried out in Cyprus, what other country will get the idea
Unbelievable, what next, the state of the western world

Post #125722322nd Mar 2014 9:25 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >