Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Australia & New Zealand

Eng system fault under heavy acceleration -loss of power
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
DingMark

Iraq 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

Razzle. The stalling may be due to waxy fuel or moisture in the fuel freezing in the cold night air. After the stall, the bit of warmth generated from the initial run can "soak" into the fuel lines/injectors/pump/filters/ect and melt what is there. Maybe do some experimenting with parking under cover or under an insulated blanket with a 100w light underneath to keep on some heat. Also keeping the fuel tank full of "alpine" grade diesel might minimise this problem.
 Jim Dowell - D4 HSE TDi, 12,000 hydraulic winch & hidden winch mount, MTRs, TyreDog, Traxide 2 x aux battery system, fixed air compressor, Dolium roof rack, MitchHitch.
RIP 2005 D3 HSE V8 5 seater gold (stolen and torched) 

Post #9508515th Jul 2012 11:17 am
bashir

Australia 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

George II wrote:
Thats a good one , accelerator not comunicating ! thats what we wear big boots for. still thats another thing I will get the stealer to look at tomorrow.

I'm hoping the black smoke that is now regular when the foot is planted is the source of the problem & that if they find that the other eng system fault will also disappear.

But now will they find the black smoke culprit ? Turbo & intercooler bits seem to come up as offenders for black smoke under load - Anything else?

Hi George II,

I had the black smoke issue a while back on my 2005 TDV6.
When I'd go to overtake or go up a hill, I'd put my foot down, black smoke galore and the disco would hesitate and struggle.
It came down to a tiny hole in my intercooler.
With the intercooler replaced under extended warranty, no more black smoke and power galore.

Hope it's an easy fix for you.

cheers,
bashir.
 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE

1985 LR 110 County 3.5 V8
(what options?!) 

Post #9511816th Jul 2012 1:23 am
George II

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

Just picked up the vehicle from the stealer - 3rd time they have looked for the problem - & low & behold they have found a problem !! they found a small hole in the intercooler hose & have had to order a new one from over east . They don't like it when you say "told you so!!" which is of course what I did , as after reading of others on this forum with similar faults it seemed like a common theme so when I booked it in on Monday I mentioned it could well be the intercooler hose . At the time I got all sorts of other excuses & reasons why it wouldn't be . But at least I am glad they have found something , for the moment they have put a temp repair over the hole with duct tape & cable ties !!
so hopefully this saga will be over next week - just have to get Alliance to accept it as an extended warrantee item now (dealer hadn't contacted them yet & wasn't sure if it was covered) . So I can now quote Bashir got it done , so should I !!

Thanks for all the input & suggestions - makes life so much easier when you can go to the stealer with suggestions .

Rgds .
 07 White TDV6 SE ,ARB bar & warn 9500 winch, Rhino aero racks, Thomas super pump compressor, duel batteries, Hella spotties, UHF. Mitchell Bros Tow Hitch, LED module (towing with LED taillights), General Grabber Tyres.  
Post #9512866th Jul 2012 10:42 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Neil Pettersen

Is that Alliance or Allianz ?

Post #9513896th Jul 2012 2:46 pm
George II

Sorry Neil , my mistake , yes its Allianz which did the extended warrantee. Hope they come good.
 07 White TDV6 SE ,ARB bar & warn 9500 winch, Rhino aero racks, Thomas super pump compressor, duel batteries, Hella spotties, UHF. Mitchell Bros Tow Hitch, LED module (towing with LED taillights), General Grabber Tyres.  
Post #9515707th Jul 2012 4:30 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
George II

Well the Good news is I have just done over 2000km towing up & back to Kalbarri and the new intercooler hose has done the trick - no more warnings or loss of power or black smoke -
Bad news is I got a call from the stealer while on hols that Allianz won't cover the intercooler hose & therefore they won't cover all the labour involved in finding the problem as well . Apparently hoses aren't covered . So have to go in to the stealer tomorrow & find out how much they are going to slog me for.

Again thanks for all the replys & assistance in finding my problem.
Post #95764022nd Jul 2012 1:08 pm
90 Rangie

Australia 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Izmir BlueDiscovery 3

Should not charge much labour as replaced mine with with a after market one as precaution, and it only took about 20 to 30 minuites. The new one even had better clearance, seamed better shape.
 Do not take life too seriously no one gets out alive anyway!
MY 8.5 Izmir Blue HSE Disco 3, ARB Bullbar, IPF HID spot lights, GME TX3440 all in mic UHF, Tripple batteries (2 x Yellow top aux under bonnet), Prodigy brake control, tinted widows, ARB compressor (under bonnet), Prem sound, Prem Nav, Electronic steering column, Adaptive lights, Center fridge, Active diff, Hybrid TV, Side moulds. 

Post #95827924th Jul 2012 1:04 am
Cristi S

Romania 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Siberian SilverDiscovery 3

Hey guys. I have the same problem on my 05 TDV6.
The only thing is that the loss of power problem comes up during winter time, when temperature drops below 10 degrees Celcius.

It s been happing to me since 2 or 3 year ago.

I have been on vacation this summer and traveled over 3000 km and the problem never came up, no matter how hard i stepped on the gas.

The diagonistic machine does not give any errors, so that`s strange.

Post #15569906th Nov 2015 2:00 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >