Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Engine System Fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
ballast

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Engine System Fault

Hi all

Just a quick note that may help others if they have the same problem.

The problem occurred when driving under load (accelerating uphill, overtaking, etc.), all power suddenly lost, 'engine system fault' on the dashboard. Cure was to go into neutral, let the revs drop off, rev it, back into drive and away it went again (or switch off and reboot). It was doing it periodically, then got to a point where I could repeat it almost every drive.

Faults were EGR related and low injector pressure. Replaced fuel filter and blanked off EGR's and all is now well!!

I'd done an 'engine system fault' search on here and the causes seemed to be wide and varied; interestingly, when it first started happening, no faults were recorded. Not sure EGR would cause such symptoms, so assuming fuel filter more likely.

Anyway, thought I'd share as so many people put so much brill stuff on here that I've benefitted from over the years, I hope this might help some long suffering poor (in every sense) D3 owning soul.

All the best

Chris

Post #218620911th Nov 2020 4:57 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >