DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

EPB Failure
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
irishrover

Ireland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 Metropolis LE Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3
EPB Failure

Hi all,

Disco hasent given me any bother in last 6 months until yesterday evening. Was out and about in the disco for most of day yesterday and was using the epb now and again and all well. Pulled up at house last night and went to apply the epb and started screeching adn whining. now i have suffered with it before, but all it needed was adjustment and worked away fine. had chap at work look at this morning and after adjustment, still no good, now it wont even activate when go to apply. fairly pi$$$d off now!! would say if the disco has been wading through a foot or two foot of mud latley but its been all road driving lately.
Not a happy camper as out of warranty so i expect that LR will go to town on it!! Mad
 07 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial (Java Black) with:

Gone but not forgotten. 

Post #56349511th Dec 2009 11:12 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bobic

Ireland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

I have had no handbrake for 4 weeks now due to shortage of spare parts Sad , will be sorted next week hopefully. I don't do any serious off roading and generally take really good care of my disco but yet its plagued with stupid problems like this. Also I only have 40,000km ( about 9 months for me) of warrenty left so am absolutely dreading the bills after this time. Absolutely love the D3 but sometimes its hard to justify the costs Crying or Very sad

Post #56401412th Dec 2009 10:11 am
DiscoDunc

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

irishrover, what did you chap at work do - if he just backed off the adjustment through the little hole on the hub then all he has done is slacken the shoes off and they wont be applying enough pressure to hold the car - or did he take the hub/discs off and do a proper clean and adjustment - its easy to do - have a look in the maintenance stickies and all the info is there Thumbs Up
 Duncan
-----------------------------------------------------
If I'd known I was going to be so thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more beer last night.
FFRR Autobiography 4.4 SDV8 MY17
D4 HSE MY13 SOLD
FFRR 3.6 Vogue TDV8 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D4 SE TECH MY15 SOLD
D4 XS MY12 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D3 HSE MY06 - Re-Cycled Worldwide 

Post #56401712th Dec 2009 10:16 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: