Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Maintenance & Mods (D4)

EPB FUSE REMOVED NOW FUEL LIGHT ON
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Wasson

2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
EPB FUSE REMOVED NOW FUEL LIGHT ON

Hi, recently the dreaded EPB parking break jammed on with the screech resulting in me having to pull the manual release. The garage can’t fit me in for two weeks so as it’s an automatic I can use park mode which isn’t an issue.

When I first pulled the manual release I had no warning lights but stupidly I pulled

it on by mistake and now I have a constant flashing symbol on the dash that’s really distracting whilst driving.

I read that if I remove fuse FL8 from the fuse box by the battery this would turn off the EPB meaning I’d stop activating it and so i’d Hope clear the flashing symbols but when I removed it it then stopped displaying the fuel level and the fuel light came on.

If I can disable the EPB that would be great but failing this how can I just get rid of the flashing symbols? The push ok to clear option doesn’t clear it and it still flashes.

I’ve arched some. Images below. It’s. 2011 Land Rover discovery 7 land mark le.

Most annoying this is the previous owner had all new rears brakes, pads, discs, and parking break fitted 13 months ago so I’m hoping it’s just a simple alignment and not a EPB.

Post #20655482nd Jul 2019 12:03 pm
Bardley

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

You maybe able to clear the light with a GAPII tool, but the system is 'aware' that the cable has been pulled, and may not allow the lights to be reset until the EPB module has been restored to working.

Be aware that the EPB is also your emergency brake, and as such is a legal requirement. Best advice is not to drive the car until it is fixed and working. If you are stopped and the car examined by Police or DVSA (VOSA), it will be a problem.
There's also the issue, as many seem to fall foul of, that you've now posted/documented that you know of a fault with the braking system, and are happy to drive the car. Just saying to be careful here.

EPB's need regular inspection/ correct adjustment to remain trouble free.
 2011 MY D4 HSE
Previously 2001 D2 TD5, 1996 D1 300Tdi, 1985 90 2.2 petrol.
Bikes! KTM, BMW, British, Classics and others.

Post #20655712nd Jul 2019 1:16 pm
HughMartin

Scotland 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Quote:
If I can disable the EPB that would be great but failing this how can I just get rid of the flashing symbols? The push ok to clear option doesn’t clear it and it still flashes.

Back to basics - put a piece of insulating tape or similar over the flashing light.

Post #20655752nd Jul 2019 1:49 pm
Wasson

2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

I don’t have that tool, I was just hoping for some info on why when the fuse is removed the fuel light comes on, I presume they are connected in some way and as such disabling the EPB even thou it’s currently not working is not possible on its own.

Post #20655802nd Jul 2019 1:57 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >