Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D4)

MOST failure, no sound from stereo, no reverse parking, no c
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
EdinWarren

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
MOST failure, no sound from stereo, no reverse parking, no c

I think I may have read every thread on the subject here but a bit lost. No sound from anything. Looped out the most at DAB, Amp, and another random module found in the drivers rear quarter panel. Nothing is happening.

Tried the hard reset, no change, check all the fuses for the radio, no change. Are there other fuses I should check, is there any other MOST modules I should try to loop out? Where are they located?

Everything works, just no sound. I noticed the USB isnt working in the armrest, wheres the module for that?

Any help appreciated guys.

Is there a decent diagnostic tool I could buy?

Post #204696919th Apr 2019 9:48 am
david007

United Kingdom 

A had a similar problem with my rrsport 2012, no sound from anything, I've got a GAP IID and this didn't shown any error codes or faults, in the end I sort of figured it must be the amplifier, my cars fitted with the Harmon Kardon system and the part number for the amp was BJ32-19C164-AF, I found one on eBay for about £70, however when I fitted this it threw a handful of faults, this was returned and I found another for a similar price, it worked first time when I fitted it, the good thing about the IID tool it lets you load the configuration file to the amp if needed, however as I say I didn't need to do this. Just in case yours is the same amp the one I returned is back up on eBay for £65, it's the only one at this price, might be worth giving this one a miss.

Post #204706719th Apr 2019 5:09 pm
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Seen a few faulty fibre optic cables of late

Usually a module failure, but a loom fault cannot be dismissed Thumbs Up
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #204707519th Apr 2019 5:59 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
EdinWarren

Hmm. Cheerz.

Whats the best tester to buy? The flashing red light is on at every cable so far that I can find. Cant find the USB module yet.

Post #204711219th Apr 2019 8:27 pm
EdinWarren

USB module location

Hi

I've looked at the price of these GAP IID testers but they cost a fortune!! Are there any more capable budget testers out there?

Once I've repaired this MOST fault, i don't expect to need this again, or is this naivety?

Also, does anyone know where the USB module is? Its the last one in my quest. cheers.

Post #204780022nd Apr 2019 8:51 pm
EdinWarren

david007 wrote:
A had a similar problem with my rrsport 2012, no sound from anything, I've got a GAP IID and this didn't shown any error codes or faults, in the end I sort of figured it must be the amplifier, my cars fitted with the Harmon Kardon system and the part number for the amp was BJ32-19C164-AF, I found one on eBay for about £70, however when I fitted this it threw a handful of faults, this was returned and I found another for a similar price, it worked first time when I fitted it, the good thing about the IID tool it lets you load the configuration file to the amp if needed, however as I say I didn't need to do this. Just in case yours is the same amp the one I returned is back up on eBay for £65, it's the only one at this price, might be worth giving this one a miss.

Thanks

Mine is numbered 8H32-19C164-AA. I'll be sure not to buy that one. Cheers.

Post #204782122nd Apr 2019 10:00 pm
david007

United Kingdom 
Re: USB module location

EdinWarren wrote:
Hi

I've looked at the price of these GAP IID testers but they cost a fortune!! Are there any more capable budget testers out there?

Once I've repaired this MOST fault, i don't expect to need this again, or is this naivety?

Also, does anyone know where the USB module is? Its the last one in my quest. cheers.

They do cost a bit, but you only have to use it a couple of times and its not far of paying for itself, also you'll get a fair chunk of the purchase price back if you come to sell it, just look at what second hand ones go for on here.

Post #204797823rd Apr 2019 3:34 pm
Gazellio

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 4 TDV6 SE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Might work out cheaper to get an experienced local Independent Garage to sort it for you or at least get a quote...

Post #204798223rd Apr 2019 3:51 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
EdinWarren

Re: USB module location

david007 wrote:
EdinWarren wrote:
Hi

They do cost a bit, but you only have to use it a couple of times and its not far of paying for itself, also you'll get a fair chunk of the purchase price back if you come to sell it, just look at what second hand ones go for on here.

Oh, I'm not doing that. I don't trust garages ever. I take your point. I'll put one on my shopping list

Laughing

Post #204801223rd Apr 2019 5:29 pm
EdinWarren

So I ordered an Amp and it arrived today. Its not what I ordered. Looks the same but has a different part number.

Does anyone know if it'll work? Is there any risk to the existing kit?

It has the same No2 and high line, and is physically the same shape and size, but the label has been part peeled off.

Ive added a photo of it to my gallery

Post #204864125th Apr 2019 8:56 pm
david007

United Kingdom 

I googled the part number shown in your photo and it threw up this thread on here, have a look at page three where it mentions the amp you’ve purchased. Seems to be the same as that fitted to some cars on here.

https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic32916-30.html

Post #204866925th Apr 2019 10:00 pm
EdinWarren

I fitted it, it works, sound comes out all the speakers as per the hi line system listed in the other thread you linked to.

Fixed. Case closed. Thanks guys.

Warren

Post #204868725th Apr 2019 10:30 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >