Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Fantastic Mpg since enhancement
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

LeighW wrote:
Sorry caveD3, just filled at 124.9 cents per litre (don't know what that is in foreign currency) but just gotta love living in Queensland (at least until the 8 cents a litre levy is removed).

BTW, the fuel consumption (for mainly city driving) has gone up to 11.34 l/100 k (24.91 mpg) but I am still happy with the results of the enhancement.

Leigh

ok, you 'Banana Benders' have it good, us 'mexicans subsidise' your diesel.

For those in the "Land of the Long Black Cloud" Leigh's price was 50p Laughing Laughing Laughing
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #8050125th Aug 2006 3:22 am
LeighW
D3 Decade 

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Sorry caverD3, bananas are even too expensive for me to buy them, let alone bend them.

Leigh <g>
 LeighW

The old girl is on her third engine...
* first ran a bearing (design failure in original engine)
* second had a failure of the water outlet on top of the engine (pls check yours) 

Post #8050225th Aug 2006 3:29 am
Jamo

Australia 

It costs me $1.48 per litre (about 60p).

Ironically, more diesel is shipped into out port here every year than the state of Victoria uses in a year! And it still costs us more then Perth! Confused
 Have a nice day!
2010 Cayenne Diesel with PASM & Off Road Pkg
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #8050825th Aug 2006 5:00 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

LeighW wrote:
Sorry caverD3, bananas are even too expensive for me to buy them, let alone bend them.

Leigh <g>

I saw bananas for $15 per kilo the other day. (over six quid)
My Uncle was given a banana for his birthay last week! Mr. Green
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #8051125th Aug 2006 5:14 am
dylansdad

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

HA 8) bananas are WAY cheaper here..(£1 kilo ish).. see our government are not greedy.....honest...... just hope no one tells them bananas are lot more expensive else where else they will find some reason to tax them too Evil or Very Mad
 2004 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi Silver  
Post #8056125th Aug 2006 10:10 am
SN

Back on topic - Stockport-Birmingham and return, last night - steady 75mph over 160 miles - 28.5mpg
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #8056925th Aug 2006 10:41 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
aitchy

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

i seem to have had 27 mpg from the start, thats pre and post enhancement. My regular round trip to Reading taking in mostly duel carriageway and motorway on cruise control (6:00 am kick off so nice and consistent straight line speed) still gets 27 mpg and a fill up at Reading always shows a range of 500 miles available but always ends up at around 470/480 for a tank full after a weeks mixed motoring, still, its consistent.
 TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue and still smiling  
Post #8057825th Aug 2006 10:54 am
JMC

Scotland 

I am a bit wary of the indicated MPG figure post enhancement. I reckon the software which calculates the figure has also been 'enhanced' so you might not actually be getting the real difference at all Shocked

My Turbchip has not yet been re-installed and I'm certainly noticing a drop in MPG, but I don't think it is as bad as it looks - down from an indicated 30+ to 24ish.

It just goes to show that some people will accept information given on the screen even if it isn't what they see at the pump. Bit like Tony B-Liar telling MPs about WMDs Laughing

Post #8058325th Aug 2006 11:27 am
dylansdad

~Yes I agree, last time I did a manual calculation post enhancement actual was 1.9 mpg worse than displayed. (and that was resetting counter at fill up, running to empty tank and refilling so about 400 miles)
Post #8058525th Aug 2006 12:14 pm
aitchy

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

480 miles divide 85 litres (empty to full) x 4.54 = 25.6 mpg but assuming fill up at 80 litres (not running to empty) = 27.2 mpg.....this is not an exact science but support the 27mpg average i have acheived
 TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue and still smiling  
Post #8059225th Aug 2006 12:45 pm
LeighW
D3 Decade 

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

In the Big Sky Country, I have nearly always done my consumption checking by fill to fill. This way I can trust the amount I have put in and the distance travelled. I do NOT allow for air temperature differences (underground storage should be at about 18-20º C) but try to ensure that I fill to the same point (usually the first click of the nozzle) each time.

Therefore I have faith in my consumption readings and have recorded all fuel used in the D3 since purchase in Jan 2006.

My current figure is 11.19 l/100 km (25.66 mpg) for a mixture of city/highway and offroad. By far the highest use has been in city (~70%) with highway ~28% and offroad about 2%.

As mentioned before, I did notice an improvement in fuel consumption after the enhancement.

Leigh
 LeighW

The old girl is on her third engine...
* first ran a bearing (design failure in original engine)
* second had a failure of the water outlet on top of the engine (pls check yours) 

Post #8059525th Aug 2006 1:16 pm
irobbie

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

Quote:
480 miles divide 85 litres

Hmmm, my manual reckons its 82 Ltrs for Diesel and 85 for Petrol. Shocked
 2006 Disco 3 TDV6 SE HiIce White/Alpaca ARB Bullbar  
Post #8071526th Aug 2006 1:50 am
steveho

United Kingdom 

If you have the latest sotware tune in your engine ecu and your engine is running ok with no faults logged then your fuel consumtion is purely down to your driving style and how you use your vehicle-no ifs or buts...

If the above is true your dealer has no magic wand to increase your fuel economy it is what it is

I drive a large number of disco 3s/sports on a weekly basis and make a point of eyeballing mpg's the general consensus is a range starting in the late teens upwards to near 30mpg

I consider mid twenties to be the norm

Post #8075926th Aug 2006 5:00 pm
ferrett

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

When driving in the island I get around 24mpg.

A recent trip to the UK returned 28.1mpg (350 miles) and a trip to france the following week returned 32.3mpg (660 miles).

I even managed 33.0mpg on an 80 mile trip from the boat to the holiday cottage but this was dual carriage-way (N roads) or fast main roads (D roads).

I am extremly pleased with the mpg and I have only covered 2200 miles so still loosening up Very Happy
 2012 D4 - SDV6 XS - Firenze Red  
Post #8078626th Aug 2006 7:49 pm
dylansdad

steveho wrote:
If you have the latest sotware tune in your engine ecu and your engine is running ok with no faults logged then your fuel consumtion is purely down to your driving style and how you use your vehicle-no ifs or buts...

oh I see, so rubbing brakes, transmission or gearbox issues, tyres, wheelbearings.......etc.etc.etc have no effect on fuel consumption???? Just becaue the computer says theres no problem doesnt mean there isnt Rolling Eyes
Post #8085027th Aug 2006 5:44 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >