DISCO4.COM > Blackbox Solutions

Faultmate MSV 2
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
kp

United Kingdom 
Faultmate MSV 2

Hi Colin,

Just wondering if there are any guides on updating firmware and also the modules in the MSV-2 unit as I cant seem to find much if anything on the forum on BBS as it appears to be almost dead, as in no-one ever on there in the FF sections Sad
 FFRR Owner, very nearly became a D3 owner Smile
Test piloted a new D4 XS SDV6.. Gone and being forgotten i hope!!
D4 HSE 10MY
D4 XS 11MY
SSRR Destroyer *2 Smile 

Post #13989231st Jan 2015 3:25 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Oh err kp
Sorry I seem to have missed this thread for a while, and many thanks to karpouzi for pointing me to it.

TBH it is not really the kind of thread and questions I expected to see on this forum as opposed to the BBS technical support forum.

I am not quite sure what activity you are expecting to see on the BBS forum, it is not an open general chat forum like this one where folks hang around and exchange banter, but a dedicated technical suport forum for our products, where folks can look up previous answers to questions posted by other owners or post their own questions.

In this respect it is in constant use.

That being said, we do adopt an active feedback policy of monitoring any posts and questions raised by any owner on the forum with a view to using this as positive feedback that allows us to amend and fine tune our systems existing built in help files to include explainations for anything that we might have not previously covered or leaves room for confusion such that it causes such posts and questions on the forum.

So in answer to your question.

Quote:
Just wondering if there are any guides on updating firmware and also the modules in the MSV-2 unit

Yes, the MSV-2 System / vehicle Explorer itself has a help button, where via an index you can access many pages with extensive and very detailed guidence including pictures to guide you though the process of updating the firmware and using the built in and recently updated and much improved Vehicle Server Software Module Manager to update the modules.

If you still have any problems, feel free to drop a post on the BBS forum where my staff will quickly respond and assist you Thumbs Up

I hope this helps

Colin

Post #14189882nd Feb 2015 5:54 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
robbo770

Scotland 

I just updated mine with all the latest modules with the newer software, much easier than before Thumbs Up

Good improvement Colin, just have to keep them coming as the iiD is definately challenging the Msv extreme these days Thumbs Up

Rob
 FFRR SC 4.2

Rejected!! RRS2
Fit TDV6 intercooler hoses
Fast Road intercooler
De-Cat pipe
D3 to B4 front end Upgrade
OEM TV/DVD Screens+wireless Headphones! 

Post #14190032nd Feb 2015 6:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Hiya Rob

Glad to read that someone has noticed and is appreciating and benefitting from the massive changes, improvements and additional features we have recently made and added to the MSV-2, including the updating process and Vehicle Server software Module Manager.

We don't typically tend to boast and promote every single improvement or additional function we do here, as can be seen, perhaps we should, But TBH as far as the MSV-2 is concerned, I still do not regard anything as as being anything like in the same league. Athough I do accept our latest nanocom Evolution fledgling has some competing and proving to do which at the least provides us a challenge.

Next year will actually be BBS's 20th Aniversary of being the worlds most recognised and best supplier of top end and fully capable Diagnostic equipment for Land Rover Vehicles bar none, regularly introducing new capability and functionality that shows that we alone set the standard and lead like no other.

But that is no reason for us to have a Nap. Tomorrow is after all a whole new day Thumbs Up

ATB

Colin

Post #14190582nd Feb 2015 7:40 pm
tayaste

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Kaizen Thumbs Up

Post #14190672nd Feb 2015 7:49 pm
robbo770

Scotland 

BBS SPY wrote:
Hiya Rob

Glad to read that someone has noticed and is appreciating and benefitting from the massive changes, improvements and additional features we have recently made and added to the MSV-2, including the updating process and Vehicle Server software Module Manager.

We don't typically tend to boast and promote every single improvement or additional function we do here, as can be seen, perhaps we should, But TBH as far as the MSV-2 is concerned, I still do not regard anything as as being anything like in the same league. Athough I do accept our latest nanocom Evolution fledgling has some competing and proving to do which at the least provides us a challenge.

Next year will actually be BBS's 20th Aniversary of being the worlds most recognised and best supplier of top end and fully capable Diagnostic equipment for Land Rover Vehicles bar none, regularly introducing new capability and functionality that shows that we alone set the standard and lead like no other.

But that is no reason for us to have a Nap. Tomorrow is after all a whole new day Thumbs Up

ATB

Colin

Any feeds of further improvements coming for the Faultmate, as there is things like activating DAB from a D4 in a D3 for example which would be nice..... Camera activation etc. Which to be far is already available on the iiD, had to get mine done via this as the msv failed to manage which was disapointing Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
 FFRR SC 4.2

Rejected!! RRS2
Fit TDV6 intercooler hoses
Fast Road intercooler
De-Cat pipe
D3 to B4 front end Upgrade
OEM TV/DVD Screens+wireless Headphones! 

Post #14191112nd Feb 2015 8:37 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Hiya Rob

As you may appreciate, any activation of new hardware or features that are possible in a CAN BUS vehicle like the D3 is done by changing the relevant setting in the vehicles CCF data.

The Faultmate has for a very long time uniquely provided full 100% editing capabilities for absolutely every possible setting in the entire CCF, including unused and irrelevent ones, along with save and restore features that allow owners unlimited editability of everything already known to be possible or yet to be discovered.

So although we do not provide buttons marked activate 4x4 info etc, the same capability is indeed possible just by editing the relavant setting(s).

You may recall that I vastly up specced my own D3 for which I needed to modify over 50 settings in the CCF, which I could not have done without such unlimited CCF edited capabilities that only the Faultmate and now the Nanocom via Genesis also provides.

I also did the same on my own L322 Range Rover

I hope this helps

Colin

Post #14559079th Apr 2015 4:12 pm
Robbie

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

Robbo's MSV hit the 'for sale' section last month due to no support for the L494.
 Land Rover - Turning Drivers into Mechanics Since 1948

Battery & Quiescent Current Drain Testing

Diagnostics for:
Defender, FL2, D3, D4, Evoque, RRS & FFRR
A not-for-profit enterprise

Post #14559099th Apr 2015 4:19 pm
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

his post was over 2 months ago, this was in relation to his D3, fitted with the D4 Nav screen Thumbs Up

In addition, there was no option to enable the auto-reverse camera when using the D4 screen, hence Rob's post about about the IID
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #14559209th Apr 2015 4:57 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Thanks for your inevitable responses to my post Robbie and DM

I am aware of the time frame aspect, for sale aspect and belief of missing CCF options aspect.

Hower, the reason I replied is still valid in pointing out that that absolutely every single bit, byte and option that is physically possible to be modified in a D3's CCF data block is possible with an MSV-2 and now also the Nanocom.

It is a matter of public record that I personally retro fitted my own L322 with not only a reversing camera (auto-reverse if you wish) but actually also the Blue tooth companion camera by virtue of modifying the CCF with an MSV-2.

Re the L494, indeed it is not currently supported by any diagnostic equipment, except the dealers own SDD equipment, however it is available on Genesis and we have successfully edited both early and later versions of the L494's CCF Data on quite a number of occasions to sucessfully modify their operationality as required as we have with the L405.

Post #145640410th Apr 2015 5:56 pm
Robbie

Quote:
Re the L494, indeed it is not currently supported by any diagnostic equipment, except the dealers own SDD equipment...

Really??

Diagnostics for:

Post #145640610th Apr 2015 6:02 pm
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

I can confirm the L494 is currently supported by GAP Wink
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #145642310th Apr 2015 6:26 pm
Robbie

I can also confirm that Robbo himself is using a Gap IIDTool on his L494.

Whistle

Diagnostics for:

Post #145642610th Apr 2015 6:27 pm
mikechuks007

Nigeria 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Java BlackLR3

I am just curious. What 50 settings did you edit in your D3 CCF? I will need to do same. Cheers//

Post #166602611th Jun 2016 6:46 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >