Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

faults or am I paranoid?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
marko

United States 2008 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Zermatt SilverLR3

I just keep documenting on their records that I'm not satisfied & that I do not agree with their findings... once the time is right, I'll pursue legal action & try to have them replace the entire fuel prep system + whatever else needs be, before the warranty expires.

Post #48356818th Jun 2009 1:30 pm
mason1337

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3

not sure if the diesels are the same, but mine had a rough cold idle a while ago, with rpms dipping below 250!
turns out it was a MAF sensor, whenever it acts up i clean it with MAF cleaner and it works fine, it sems to me that the quality isnt very good but who knows

Post #48376618th Jun 2009 9:13 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
GaryEss

United Kingdom 

FYI P121A = injector flow restricted, a general code for the HP fuel system which has been generated by the ECU because your injector trim for an injector is at max limit.

WARNING- some of the cylinder balance DTCs for TDV6 do not relate to the cylinder number as stated in the DTC description (this is due to the way the ECU monitors cylinder balance). The injectors and cylinders are numbered differently, depending wether we are looking at FORD (engine), DENSO (EMS) or diagnostic system numbering.
Because of this ensure that whoever carries out any work changes the correct injector! An old fashioned injector leak back test (into calibrated measuring bottles) is possible if necessary, this is sometimes useful in helping to ascertain which injector(s) are behaving differently.
Under no circumstances attempt to unplug these injectors when the engine is running- damage to injectors and/ or engine can result if you are unlucky.

Has this been your car from new? Any misfuel can cause issues many miles later. Unscrupilous people have been know to drain, purge and refuel after a misfuel event, but this is not a robust enough fix in certain circumstances.
Hope everything gets sorted for you to your satisfaction

Post #48390119th Jun 2009 8:04 am
GaryEss

United Kingdom 

Sorry- forgot.
NAV screen brightness is referenced to vehicle INTERNAL ambient light conditions via the sensor in the Instrument pack, next to alarm LED. Is this covered by anything? The sensor operation can be viewed in real time via the "secret" NAV diagnostic screen PIN entry (plenty of links on this site for this function but I do not know how to set a link-I'm sure someone else on here will help soon)

Post #48390219th Jun 2009 8:10 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >