Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Faults & Fixes (D4)

Faulty Landmark ... nothing catastrophic but a right pain.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Pollski

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4
Faulty Landmark ... nothing catastrophic but a right pain.

So after an unconnected air con pipe flooding the passenger footwell, a misaligned boot lock, loose cables knocking around the roof and a broken sensor cover falling on my head every time I started the car (all fixed now) it seems that the rear entertainment system doesn't seem to be powered. Yes, first world problems, but not with two kids needing a digital carrot to go dog walking with.

When I open the car door the screens should come on and they don't - but they used to only 5 days ago. Nothing that I try and play on the back screens will show up but the sound will come through the headphones. I have been through settings etc but can't see anything that would disable them so I'm thinking cables.

We bought the car as an ex-demo with only 400 miles on the clock. I have had it for a month ... actually only 2 weeks if you factor in being on holiday and the amount of time the car has been at the dealership getting fixed... as you can imagine my confidence is starting to wain.

Our last D4 also had a little snagging list (loose suspension making it squeak and an unconnected sunroof drain) so aware LRs are a little 'wip' but this is taking the biscuit !
 My16 HSE Landmark - 2016 - Current. Indus Silver
My11 HSE - 2011- 2016. Stornoway Grey 

Post #169246715th Aug 2016 6:02 pm
Washwipe

England 

The rear screens on mine do not power up when opening the doors, but I know they work ok, in the settings on the front screen you have the ability to send what media you want to the rear screens, TV, DVD etc, also the ability to select which screen is used, ie left or right or both.
Sorry can't be of more help, we don't use the rear screens so haven't genned up on them.

Post #169247315th Aug 2016 6:24 pm
Tanglewood

United Kingdom 
Re: Faulty Landmark ... nothing catastrophic but a right pain.

Pollski wrote:
So after an unconnected air con pipe flooding the passenger footwell, a misaligned boot lock, loose cables knocking around the roof and a broken sensor cover falling on my head every time I started the car (all fixed now) it seems that the rear entertainment system doesn't seem to be powered. Yes, first world problems, but not with two kids needing a digital carrot to go dog walking with.

When I open the car door the screens should come on and they don't - but they used to only 5 days ago. Nothing that I try and play on the back screens will show up but the sound will come through the headphones. I have been through settings etc but can't see anything that would disable them so I'm thinking cables.

We bought the car as an ex-demo with only 400 miles on the clock. I have had it for a month ... actually only 2 weeks if you factor in being on holiday and the amount of time the car has been at the dealership getting fixed... as you can imagine my confidence is starting to wain.

Our last D4 also had a little snagging list (loose suspension making it squeak and an unconnected sunroof drain) so aware LRs are a little 'wip' but this is taking the biscuit !

Incredible isn't it? Just what you would expect having parted with £50k+ Rolling Eyes

Post #169247615th Aug 2016 6:28 pm
Pollski

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Quote:
The rear screens on mine do not power up when opening the doors, but I know they work ok, in the settings on the front screen you have the ability to send what media you want to the rear screens, TV, DVD etc, also the ability to select which screen is used, ie left or right or both.
Sorry can't be of more help, we don't use the rear screens so haven't genned up on them.

Thanks Washwipe, have done all that but still nothing ...

Post #169248415th Aug 2016 6:53 pm
RDR

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

fed back to my dealer last friday this is the worst quality discovery out of the 5 I've bought with a total of 13 issues on the snag some minor but some big. Told him it just doesn't seem to be put together well compared to my previous. My RSE screens come on when i open the doors as far as I've noticed.
 MY06 S - Gone but not forgotten
MY12 HSE - Gone
MY16 HSE Luxury - Sold
MY20 D5 HSE - Sold
Current RR L460 PHEV 

Post #169248515th Aug 2016 6:53 pm
Pollski

Big Cry Exactly Tanglewood ! Dealership are lovely but seem already a little frustrated by the car.

Post #169248715th Aug 2016 6:54 pm
Pollski

Yes RDR, I read your previous post and nearly fell off my chair. I am really glad we went for the D4 again because God only knows how the D5 will be put together ... I recon all that cammo tape they put on it is to keep it together Rolling with laughter

Post #169248815th Aug 2016 6:56 pm
CDS
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

I'd like to say that they are at least consistent with the mishaps during the build, but it was the drivers side (right) aircon drain that wasn't connected on ours!
RSE screens come in when I open the doors Thumbs Up

Discovery 3/4 & RRS keys cut and programmed at your home or work
Apple CarPlay/ Android Auto retro fit - see it here
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blanking
Software updates/ enabling
Mobile Servicing & Repairs

Post #169250015th Aug 2016 7:29 pm
Washwipe

England 

Rear Sreens on when opening the doors, mine will do it, but have them turned off, open the front doors, get the splash screen, open the rear door, turn on the rear screen with the remote, you get the splash screen when opening the doors, if you turn the rear screens off on the remote, they fail to come on when you open the rear door, well at least this one does.

Post #169280116th Aug 2016 3:46 pm
Pollski

Thank you Washwipe. That is really handy to know.

Went to dealership this afternoon. They did a hard reset and still the screens wouldn't come on so they now have to look at the whole module to find out what is going on. So my car of 4 weeks is with them again.

The dealership has been incredibly helpful. I now have a black Landmark sitting on my drive while the other is being fixed. So in 4 weeks I have had a white one, a silver one and now a black one ... the neighbours must think I am having an affair with half the LR show room Laughing

On a more serious note, we have agreed that should anything further go wrong, we have to swap like-for-like. Fingers crossed this is the last time for a llooooong while, but I won't hold my breath for the time being.

Post #169285616th Aug 2016 6:30 pm
lespes

Guernsey 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

On the bright side of things its keeping the mileage down Thumbs Up
 D4 Landmark MY16 Santorini Black THE LAST
D4 HSE MY12 Marmais Teal: Gone. Missed a lot!
Freelander 2 SD HSE MY11 Silver:Thankfully gone.
D4 HSE MY11 Silver: Gone missed !
Range Rover Sport MY06 HSE Buck Blue: Gone missed!
Discovery D2 TD5 Facelift MY Red Gone Missed!
Discovery D2 TD5 Cobalt Blue: Gone Missed!
Discovery D1 Auto Oxford Blue Not missed at all!
Discovery D1 Avalon Blue First LR! missed!

Now demoted to a VW 

Post #169288816th Aug 2016 7:38 pm
Pollski

So today, after having a couple of weeks with no problems, started the car for it's second trip of the day (to the supermarket with kids in tow). Car had been on drive for 2 hours, looking pretty.

Firstly a Start/Stop error came up - then a gearbox fault and I was unable to select a gear. I switched the car off and then on again and the gear problem cleared but the Start/Stop error was up again and wouldn't switch off. Mr Polski reminded me this evening he had exactly the same problem last week. Climate control was off and engine was at adequate temp.

Called the dealership and they are going to swap the car for another - paperwork will be done tomorrow. To say I am happy is an understatement. I know the car is under warranty, and these kind of things shouldn't happen. However the dealership (Sytner Maidstone) have gone above and beyond for pretty much the last couple of years since I was pointed in their direction by one of the guys on this forum. Thumbs Up

Post #17019406th Sep 2016 9:22 pm
AnotherMutley

United Kingdom 

At least the dealer are standing by the car and swapping it.

Your post answered a question I had about the Dealership, I live in Kent and don't know where to take my car, I've tried another dealer when I had my L322 and they were awful.

Post #172008715th Oct 2016 9:47 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >