DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D4)

Faulty surround cameras
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
SazzaG

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto BournvilleDiscovery 4
Faulty surround cameras

Hi all,

Trying to get some ideas on here before I hassle my dealer!

One of my surround cameras stopped working recently - there's no feed from one of the front-facing cameras, and I just get the blue screen with the pic of a camera with a red line through. Tried cleaning the camera, but that hasn't helped.

I haven't looked closely at it yet, but I know that condensation might be an issue. The rear camera has a little bit of moisture in it, so I'll mention that as well if I have to go to the stealers.

Any ideas? I know there aren't many full camera systems out there, but I thought it's worth a try!

Post #74815317th Jan 2011 2:39 pm
Russell

United Kingdom 

There were issues with the cable runs and I believe there is a TB for this. I had one of the cameras on the front of mine relaced under warranty as well as one in th door mirror, from memory it was NSF and the OS door mirror, all appears fine now.
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #74829417th Jan 2011 6:52 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BBDisco3

United Kingdom 

I have had this problem also, but switch off and restart and it clears the fault straight away. Its so rare it happens I haven't done anything about it yet.

Post #74831617th Jan 2011 7:44 pm
SazzaG

Cheers Russell, hopefully that's the problem. I don't know how long it's been broken as I don't often use the full system - it could have been a few weeks.

Post #74851118th Jan 2011 12:29 am
mwestcrew

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

I've had loads of problems with my surround camera system. Mostly down to cable routing. I have had two new rear cameras, a complete overlay wiring loom, and re-route of the various fragile camera cables.

It would appear that on early cars the production line guys didn't realise the cables were so fragile and just bunged them in like an ordinary wiring loom. My car was in the stealers for a total of three weeks to sort this out.
 2011 D4 Landmark, Mini Cooper SD Clubman, Range Rover Vogue SE  
Post #75047721st Jan 2011 9:28 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SazzaG

Thanks for that info. I took a good look at the camera today to check it's not cracked, wet, etc. and I can't see anything untoward.

I'll give the stealer's a call on monday, and encourage them to get the parts in before I bring the car in. Don't want to be without it for ages.

I'm glad there's a TB re. the wiring. At our first service, they said one of our brake wear sensors had been damaged "by a stone or something" which cost a fair few quid to repair. Considering we've never taken it off-road, we were pretty surprised that it could have been damaged so easily. At least we can blame LR if the camera cable is damaged!

Post #75052721st Jan 2011 10:28 pm
tjp74

United States 2010 LR4 5.0 V8 HSE Auto Alaska WhiteLR4

Mine went into service for the 3rd time on camera issue. Service rep finally said LR recently changed the cable supplier and admited there cable it self has issues not just how it's routed. Now I have all new cables and new main ECU. let's see it's fixed for good now.

By the way, I also had the tow assist feature enabled. What a cool feature!!! it brings the surround camera system to a whole new level...
 TJ
2010 LR4 HSE Lux Plus White/Ebony <=Sold 2012
2000 Discovery II SE7 <=Sold 2011
2010 Prius w/Solar Roof <=Sold 2011 

Post #75063322nd Jan 2011 7:35 am
Geoff Rogers

Australia 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

G'day from Adelaide,
I have also had a faulty rear camera issue. Whenever the outside temperature rose above 22 deg.C I would get the blue screen whenever in reverse. Early in the morning, when cold, no problem. In the afternoon, when everything was warm, or the car had been in the sun, no reverse camera at all. I kept a two page log of dates, time, temperature to come to this conclusion, and gave same to the Dealer. The dealer confirmed this, and said that when they squeezed the camera body the fault was displayed. Yesterday, (Easter Saturday) the dealer visited my home (Service, service!!) and we replaced the camera unit. So far, all OK. Maybe there was/is a batch of faulty cameras, as my business partner, who also bought a Disco4 at the same time, has now the same fault displayed in his car. Any one else with the same issue, especially in warmer climates Question
Cheers, Geoff.

Post #78915924th Apr 2011 8:21 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >