Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D4)

FBH, Timed climate quick question on normal operation
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
GEB4x4

2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4
FBH, Timed climate quick question on normal operation

Evening all, belated happy christmas to all! Now today's been the coldest since having the D4 and having the remote climate enabled. We've been staying at my sisters and this morning was time to come home, looked out and all the cars are white with frost. Excellent I though perfect oppertunity to checkout the remote heater, so pressed the on button on the remote for 2 seconds green light came on and then started to flash slowly, the fbh started up, the auto light was flashing on the heater controls some 20/30 mins passed and the heater stopped as expected, the cabin was nice and warm, we loaded the car and set off home, brilliant I thought!
Now we get home some 4 hours later and switch off, start to unload the car and notice that I can hear the sound of a fan from the fbh area and the auto light on the heater controls was flashing, I though that's odd as I haven't asked for it to come on.
I happen to look at the remote and the green light was flashing slowly, so I pressed the off button, red light on the control and all went quiet.

My main question is, I thought that once I had got in and started it then the remote side of things should have switched off and that would have been the end of it? Didn't think I would have to turn the remote off when finished or do I?

Thank you just tying to get to grips with what it should and shouldn't do.

Post #139675428th Dec 2014 8:02 pm
WOODY179

United Kingdom 

Are you sure that you didn't accidently hit the remotes on button whilst it was in your pocket? Once you start the engine, the remote function should be terminated - at least it is in my D4.

Post #139676028th Dec 2014 8:07 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
GEB4x4

2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

That's what I thought WOODY179, may be I did press the buttons in my pocket, no way of knowing, will have to keep an eye on it

Post #139676528th Dec 2014 8:14 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >