Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Maintenance & Mods (D4)

Fitting D4 DRL/ fog lights to a D3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
nigethecat

Ukraine 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4
Fitting D4 DRL/ fog lights to a D3

Finally took the plunge and bought a set of these and having read up on others difficulties in fitting them decided to do it properly and had a pair of 3mm aluminium disks made so the disks could be mounted to the rear of the fog light housing using the current 3 mounting points and allow the 4 mounting points of the new fog lights to be positioned wherever needed.

The photos will make this clearer

With the bumper removed the three lugs on the back need to be cut off (I used a multi tool that took about 3 seconds to do each one with a nice neat finish) just remember to keep all the other wires out of the way Big Cry

Place the pre cut alloy disk on the back and mark the 3 holes from the mount (I drilled one hole first, screw the plate to the bumper and then marked the other two holes

Once the plate had been mounted place your new fog light on the back and mark the holes (if doing again I would make the holes ellipses to allow for some movement once mounted. Remove and drill the four holes.

Fit negative spacers to the rear so the front of the fog doesn’t touch the bezel, test electrics and remount the bumper.

Another tip is to make sure you have enough bolts/screws before starting and not have to walk the mile and a half to the nearest hardware shop while your front bumper is on the floor Big Cry

Enjoy the new look Thumbs Up I haven’t had time to wire up my drl yet but will speak to those with more knowledge and hopefully use the smog sensor as a feed.

Photos now edited to make more sense... I have four pairs of the aluminium rings spare that I will list separately having cleared this with Martin.
 I want to see the sweets before I get into your windowless van... I'm not stupid!

Corris Grey D4 Commercial SE 2016
Zermatt Sliver 2007 D3 SE manual (gone)
Indus Silver D4 HSE 2015 (gone)
Bonatti Grey D3 HSE 2006 (gone)
White D3 S (LHD) 2007 (gone)
Firenze Red D4 HSE 2014 (gone)
Black RRS 3.6TDV8 2008 (gone)
Rusty Green Defender 110 1997 (gone)
Black FL2 HSE 2013 (gone) 

Post #21650071st Aug 2020 11:27 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1