Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

From France How to changing a suspension compressor
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Land Willys

From France How to changing a suspension compressor

Hello everyone.

First, sorry for my poor english (thank you Google for translation tool..)

I just returned from Corsica with the compressor suspension out of order. I was in Ajaccio when it happened one morning to start by standing on a sidewalk (it's a 4x4, I thought we could, but no). The workshop of the concession of Ajaccio is closed (no reopening date set, we must not fail in the corner, it's just my luck) and do not have neither the time nor the inclination to climb Bastia up, I drove like this: Special Programs are disabled "default suspension" accompanied ding dong from 50 km / h. Luckily he stayed normal height. I made an appointment to Marseille for a test fault codes off the boat. Dixit the foreman of Marseille, this is the exhaust valve is stuck (the spring is a little weak, I read here on this forum). Well, thanks to a french member of french forum. I found a new compressor at a good price.
Does someone here already? There is no need for the IDS but how to flush the mess before things apart, including (132 psi in the face here may be very bad).
If there is nobody who knows, I still have the option of a subscription-day workshop in GTR, which would seem prudent.

Other decision : to buy a fautmate FCR (88€ and 2H30 to wait for diag in France !)
Thank you in advance

Post #69440419th Sep 2010 7:38 am
top-tech

United Kingdom 

easy to change! left rear wheel remove the 3x10mm bolts and remove the lower cover,just remove the pipes 2 at the rear no pressure in these pipes and 1 to the front this may be under pressure? remove the 3x 10mm bolts and remove the compressor and bracket together.swop the bracket to the new compressor and refit to vehicle
start the vehicle and all should be ok.

Post #69540021st Sep 2010 5:19 pm
Land Willys

Seen like that it seems easy. I was just concerned about the pressure inside the pipes. I would put eyeglasses and gloves for safety !

Thank's you for your answer

Post #69566422nd Sep 2010 6:50 am
Land Willys

HELP ! URGENT

I just changed the compressor. The new one has worked 2 or 3 seconds and stopped. The car is still in default and now it is down therefore practically unusable.
How can I get out of this problem?
I want to buy a Faulmate FCR but my money is not inexhaustible.
Thank you for all your help

Post #69687425th Sep 2010 2:46 pm
Land Willys

HELP

I tested a few seconds with the compressor motor relay on the manip explained by Wiggs. It works.
I did a hard reset but the fault code is always on. What to do until the solution Faulmate ?

Post #69688325th Sep 2010 3:42 pm
Matty 2332

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

Looks like you need to clear the fault that will be registered, you need to either get it in to the garage or find some one who has a faultmate / autologic who will oblige. Good luck.

Post #69702726th Sep 2010 9:05 am
Land Willys

I'm stuck, stuck, stuck, and so one......

I read everything that has been posted on forums and I tried everything. Without results, I'm stuck. And I'm sending mail from several days to Blackbox for my quote on Faultmate FCR30 + Canmate (one for me and one for a friend). I have no answer yet. They are in no hurry to sell?
Otherwise it's going to the local dealer but I don't trust.

Post #69711526th Sep 2010 4:13 pm
Land Willys

Oh, oh !

My car is now in offroad position without any action ! I'm waiting my Faulmate to kill the ghost inside ! Twisted Evil

Post #69749327th Sep 2010 5:57 pm
Land Willys

End result but not

The faulmate received this morning and put into service immediately sends me two error codes on the suspension:
C1A13 for 'venting gallery'
C1A36 for the exhaust valve.

If I consider that it can not be the valve since I just changed the entire compressor is the 'venting gallery' who is the prime suspect. Besides changing the pressure sensor and the 'venting gallery', I do not see what could be here. I can not imagine having the misfortune of a new valve defective.
Meanwhile any ideas, I disassembled, cleaned and checked all the connectors distributor in the compressor housing, those in the overflow valve of the rear axle and those of the control module in the cockpit. I checked the pinch of the various pipes and muffler. No problem everywhere and my back endlessly.

The problem is the pressure gauge on 'venting gallery' ?
or other

Post #69867530th Sep 2010 7:58 pm
Renton

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

The exhaust valve block are 2 seperate blocks on the front and rear. I believe you refer to that as the "overflow valve".
Could still be that one of those blocks is causing the fault.
 CLUB ILLEGAL CAR WASHERS  
Post #69867730th Sep 2010 8:03 pm
Land Willys

Renton wrote:
The exhaust valve block are 2 seperate blocks on the front and rear. I believe you refer to that as the "overflow valve".
Could still be that one of those blocks is causing the fault.

This 'overflow valve' is near the compressor, no ? It's controled by a pressure sensor ?

Post #69870330th Sep 2010 9:17 pm
Renton

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Its been a while since I looked at them but the Valve blocks are on the front and the rear of the car. Not near the compressor itself. If you follow the airlines you will find them. I believe the rear one is on the N/S behind the wheel.
Did you had a look at this thread also? http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/post590456.html#590456
On page 7 you will find the air suspension drawing. Might be helpfull.

The air suspension can be a enormous pain in the ass.
I changed my compressor, rear valve and front valve based upon the fault codes I was getting. Then they checked all the wiring. Costed me € 1700. But the actual cause was a stripped wire shorting on the chassis......
Big Cry

Good luck!!!
 CLUB ILLEGAL CAR WASHERS  
Post #69872630th Sep 2010 10:01 pm
Land Willys

Results

My D3 is running ! 4 days to spanish dealer !
Neither better nor worse than the French dealer. Although I arrived with my own diagnosis he wanted to redo all the tests and gave me a bill of 950 €! There were a broken wire in the sheath at the front. They watch their computers too much and don't use enough their head and a ohmmeter ! Rascal ! Evil or Very Mad

Post #7013328th Oct 2010 12:52 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >