Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

front parking sensors.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
pko

England 
front parking sensors.

On my previous 2 D3s the front parking sensors activated automatically at slow speed & the button on the dash lit.. However on my latest one (3 weeks old) they don't come on automatically & I have to press the button on the dash to activate them.
Is this a change implemented by L/R or have I got a problem. The rear ones work automatically as they did on the previous models.

kind regards to all
 never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

current motor RRsport hse

prev. cars TD5
3 Ford Explorers
2 Ford Mavericks
Sierra 4x4 

Post #9728928th Oct 2006 3:36 pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

mine come on automatically in reverse.Then when i select first gear they come on and stay on till 10mph , then they switch off.

I don't think mine just come on if i put it in first gear,unless i press the button on the dash.

I wouldn't want them comming on anyway as evertime i pulled up at the lights behind a car they would be beeping.

Mine's 4 weeks old
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #9729428th Oct 2006 5:01 pm
pko

England 
front parking sensors

They must have changed them then. I never had to touch the switch on earlier models. I know what will happen now, a certain driver in my family will hit something in front when parking, with an explanatiion of "the sensors never came on". Still, deep joy.
 never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

current motor RRsport hse

prev. cars TD5
3 Ford Explorers
2 Ford Mavericks
Sierra 4x4 

Post #9729628th Oct 2006 5:14 pm
DiscoStu

England 

Check out http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic6849.html?highlight=
 Disco 5 HSE Lux
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peyiqaJrmMU 

Post #9730228th Oct 2006 6:16 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

My folks had the same issue (having to turn on front PDC) and compared it with the operation of my D3 where they come on automatically at pulling away and loving to crawl. The car the service guys at the daler tried also needed to be switched on. Turned out that the wrong ECU was fitted at build (to folk's D3 and one at dealer) & as soon as a new one was fitted, was as per manual! Might be a batch of faulty or wrong spec ECUs??

Post #9732128th Oct 2006 8:09 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Quote:
A customer may report a concern that the front parking aid system sounds unnecessarily.

Cause: The current system strategy means that the front parking sensors will operate when a forward gear is selected following reverse. Sensor operation is canceled when the vehicle speed is above 10mph (16kph) but will operate again if the speed drops below 10mph (16kph). This can give instances of sensor warnings when the vehicle stops at a junction and another vehicle or pedestrian passes in front of the vehicle, resulting in the above complaint. This is not a fault with the parking system, however, an alternative system strategy is available so that the system operation is canceled when the vehicle speed is above 10mph (16kph) and will not operate again until the vehicle speed is below 10mph (16kph) and the fascia front parking aid switch is selected (or until a forward gear is selected following reverse gear selection during parking).

This from Land Rover GTR, so if you don't mind the odd false beep when in traffic etc. then you can elect for the alternative ecu to be fitted. This refers to 05 and 06 builds. 07 is the other way round, and I would think you could swap the ecu for the 05 -06 version if you wish. Lets hope the dealers or Land Rover are hanging on to the ecu they remove from 05-06 models!

Post #9736229th Oct 2006 9:05 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >