DISCO4.COM > General

Front valve block connector help.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
thorgal

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyLR3
Front valve block connector help.

Good day.
While replacing the front air suspension valve block, the rubber orange gasket got damaged inside the male car harness connector. I could not plug the new valve block female end as the broken piece was wedging up against the walls every time I tried to push the female part into male housing. Out of frustration, I removed the rubber piece and two plastic ends finally clicked.
Where can I get a male connector on the car chassis for a future replacement as at the moment the connection is not weather/waterproof due to gasket removal.? Thank you.

Post #216912721st Aug 2020 8:26 pm
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hi

Hope this helps Thumbs Up

https://www.brit-car.co.uk/product.php/199...or___cable

Last edited by gstuart on 21st Aug 2020 10:34 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #216914021st Aug 2020 10:27 pm
gstuart

Just thought there’s Atlantic british Thumbs Up

https://www.roverparts.com/suspension/air-...PC800230G/

Hopefully u should be able to de pin it so u can just slide them into the new connector

Have also enclosed the wiring and terminal PIN numbers just in case u need them

Also of course speak to Martin from here ref terminals

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #216914121st Aug 2020 10:31 pm
thorgal

Thank you very much for your help.. I have been out on camping vacation in place, where there is no service at all and unable to respond quicker. Thank s again. Thumbs Up

Post #217070730th Aug 2020 1:29 pm
gstuart

Ur so welcome and always a pleasure Thumbs Up

Ps, hope u had a great vacation

Post #217071830th Aug 2020 3:24 pm
thorgal

Thank you for good wishes and yes, my camping trip was great but turned out to be semi OK for some, as for the first time, my son brought his new girlfriend/ fiancé to a remote camping park, with we all visited annually for the last 18 years. We reserved two separate campsites to give youngsters some privacy. Upon erecting their brand spanking new Big Agnes Copper Spur 2 person tent, she furnished it like it was a bedroom and kitchen all together not realizing that this is a true wilderness and food should be stored elsewhere in lockable box. When i invited them for dinner by my campfire, a raccoon managed to get into their tent tearing a foot long hole in the front, ate three granola bars and unable to retreat the same way he came from, he must have panicked as he peed and Censored all over their mattresses and finally, out of desperation, tore another big gaping hole in the other end of brand new tent, and left.When they came back, their immediate reaction was, oh, lets go cry to dad, as he will know what to do and he probably has proper patching equipment to fix it.Let just say, it was a long night and I think she got cured from camping under the stars for a while... Rolling with laughter
My aging LR3 brought us home safely yet again, despite the fact, that she is approaching 300 000 miles and that AC stopped working at the last leg, but that was maybe due to me, blocking the rear intake registers at the rear on the car with sleeping bags, foam sheets and other camping stuff. I don't know. I started her next day and aC worked fine.maybe it is a intermittent problem for now, who knows...
I have also purchased two air valve block solenoid connectors from Atlantic British for a future replacement.
I apologize for my punctuation as English is my second language and I never want to proper school to leann it.

Post #21710151st Sep 2020 1:22 pm
gstuart

Hiya

Oh man, to be a fly on the wall and I couldn’t help laughing Rolling with laughter , good job it wasn’t a skunk as I think everything would have been on the fire , still don’t think u can ever describe that smell , enough to make ur eyes water Big Cry

Maybe she thought it was going to be a clamping trip Whistle

Wonder if anyone reported seeing a raccoon bouncing off the trees from a massive sugar intake , lol

Now we know u weren't laughing Whistle , brilliant

Lived in New York out on long island ) long beach for a few years and had a good mate who retired up in Enosburgh , Vermont , he had a cabin we use to stay at and my kids were young then, they were horrified to hear of black bears living there , was funny of a night time every time they heard something ,bless em, snigger

Nothing wrong with ur english mate Thumbs Up

That’s great ref connectors , fingers crossed will be a simple fix, Plse let us know how u get on

Are LR3s very common in the states please and are parts also very expensive, many thks

Ps, my mate was a retired New York cop and also kept guns , So tried some when we was in Vermont on his land , I fired a magnum .44 , omg what a handgun or should I say a Jesus Christ gun , recoil nearly took my head off and that was with two hands , I was useto shooting shotguns , was great fun as my mate also taught my kids how to safely shoot some smaller guns , brilliant day I’ll always remember

Post #21711402nd Sep 2020 8:05 am
thorgal

Haha...You ain't kidding, there were lucky it wasn't skunk, for sure!
Per LR3 popularity and parts related question, Sadly I rarely see LR3 or 4, although I have friends, who own them, but in my local NJ Land Rover Club, it is the old Discos that lead way in our off roading community. In fact, when I traveled out West to Moab last year, I did not see one LR3 or Lr4 for that matter in the entire week that I was there iMay of 2019.There are out there but certainly not as popular as Yotas and Jeeps.
There are areas in NJ where one can spot 4 RRS or FFRR on one intersection, but that would be Red Bank and Rumson area where The Boss and Bon Jovi resides among others. Luckily I have access to 6 LR dealerships within 30 miles radius, but part prices has been going up steadily for the last 10 years and often I find myself ordering directly from Advance Factors and such.
Although, NJ has some upscale communities and and popularity of LR vehicles is way better then rest of the Country, with exception of California,one would think, that we should see more of the new Discovery, but I have yet to see one on the road. Jokes aside, since it's launch, I have not seen more that a few on NJ roads. Sadly, a successor of LR4 is officially the slowest selling car, of all of the manufactures present on American market.Cheers.

Post #21713553rd Sep 2020 1:46 pm
gstuart

Many thks

Funny enough my mate useto live in NJ, Rahway before retiring to Vermont , apologises as don’t know how far away that is from u

I wondered that ref part costs etc etc , but suppose like everything in owning an import that it will cost more

Must admit have picked up some bargains from ebay , amazon etc , alas sometimes not up to par , so indeed if I want genuine / oem parts will go to advanced as at least then u know ur getting quality parts along with fantastic customer service which is rare these days

Will also be interesting to see how the new defender does in the states

Thks again Thumbs Up

Post #21713733rd Sep 2020 2:37 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >