Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Frustration with Land Rover Owner International Mag
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Tony686

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4
Frustration with Land Rover Owner International Mag

In mid March this year I subscribed to Landrover Owner International Magazine, not only because I thought it was a great magazine but they were offering the Victorinox Rescue tool (knife) as a free gift worth £59.95. The information provided stated the free gift will take up to 28 days for delivery.

I contacted LROI Magazine at the end of April to inform them my free gift had not arrived and they told me there was no stock, they were due new stock any day and the gift would be with me in approximately two weeks.

While I was at the Driffield at the LRO show on the 11th May I popped into the LROI magazine tent and informed them my free gift had not arrived and what I had previously discussed with LROI Magazine re delivery times. They were helpful took my details and said they would sort it out and call me back during that week. They did not.

I contacted LROIM around the 20th May as they had not called me back, I was informed the knife was on its way to me. Approximately 2 days later I picked up my gift from the post office and to my surprise LROM had sent me a poxy socket or spanner set, can’t remember which.

I spoke to LROIM who said this is what I had chosen in March as my free gift. They and I knew this was not the case as they confirm back to you the order/details when you originally make the purchase and as they had brought up my details each time I had phoned and agreed yes you have requested the knife, knew this was a load of rubbish. After a long conversation pointing this out to the nice girl on the phone she confessed the Knife had long gone I was never going to get it even at the point when I phoned at the end April. I was told sorry, send the wrong gift back and when I see a gift on offer that I like in a future magazine, phone up and they will send it to me.

Several days later the June issue landed on my door step, whoohoo the ozchair is the gift this month. Without delay LROIM were on the end of the phone. ‘sorry sir the gift is not on our system yet as you have rang too early ring, back next week and it should be on the system’. Frustration!!!!! I rung them back and the chair was in stock and now on its way. This was around the 1st week in June.

To date, no Knife no ozchair. My mate subscribed in June he got his chair this week. I even went to the LROIM tent at Billing two weeks ago and told them of my issue, they took details again, told me they would contact me on the Tuesday. They did not and have not to date contacted me.

I contacted LROIM at 18.45 today and was told sorry sir all the chairs have gone. Would I like a different free gift?

Without telling you song and dance of my conversation with them which is mainly of the above, they are pretty much useless. Some of you may have had better experiences but that does not make my one easier to accept.

LROIM are coming back to me ‘apparently’ on Tuesday to let me know what they can do. In the mean time it has been icing on the cake and a feel I should share this with you.

It is very clear LROIM or the way it conducts its operations is about as reliable as my Land Rover, even though I have meet them twice at THEIR shows which I have paid to get into I find it hard to accept this is the way LROIM what to conduct their business.

Happy off Roading Thumbs Up

Tony
 CLUB DEFNER  
Post #50238231st Jul 2009 8:11 pm
NeilD

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Jeeeeez, I feel like buying you a chair myself, just to stop you committing harri-carri!!!
 My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/NeilDisco#p/u/5/Dz4-Q95GQ2c
Photo Sets http://www.flickr.com/photos/16658684@N08/sets/72157625275139752/ 

Post #50239131st Jul 2009 8:24 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
WOODY179

United Kingdom 

Not bought it for years and then got a 6 month sub for my birthday last year, nothing changed mostly adverts and very few if any decent articles in it. Not worth buying in my opinion.
 1996 Discovery 1 300TDI ES Biarritz Blue, sold
1999 Discovery 2 TD5 ES Rioja Red, sold
2002 Discovery 2 TD5 ES Buckingham Blue, sold
2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Adriatic Blue, sold
2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Zambezi Silver, sold
2011 Discovery 4 SDV6 HSE Nara Bronze, sold
2016 Volvo XC60 D5 AWD Lux Nav Twilight Bronze, sold
2020 Range Rover Evoque P250 First Edition, Nolita grey, sold
2023 Range Rover Evoque P300e Autobiography, Carpathian grey 

Post #50239731st Jul 2009 8:30 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tony686

Neil feel free buddy Mr. Green
Its the principle, how many times do you think 'I will write them a letter' after a bad service or when you have been hacked off, its just i have done it, well sort of, lets see if i get a call tuesday? Confused
 CLUB DEFNER  
Post #50240331st Jul 2009 8:34 pm
ad15

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

tony,,, 3/4 of the waythrough reading that I wanted to buy you the knife.. then i saw that neil wa soffering to buy you the chair... Wink

customer service aint what it used to be....

one point... from personal experience working at big shows etc.. talking to someone at one of the big shows in the LR industry or otherwise with the expectation that they'll get back to you after the show will usually end in no call Embarassed

this is not deliberate, but inevitable that the person in charge of the stand gets lots of special requests etc etc to dealwith and it all gets written down on bits of paper that inevitably get lost on the last night p Censored ss up..

it's not personal, it's just those shows, wether it be motor show, LR show, or ski show (as in may case) are hectic as hell for the person in charge, and at the shows it is really important to speak to everyone and solve all these problems, it's just sometimes booze gets the better of memory,,,,

sorry fro drooling on,,,, (booze) hope you got my drift...
 one wife.......livid  
Post #50248631st Jul 2009 11:37 pm
Tony686

Guess what. LROIM did not ring me as promised. Censored
 CLUB DEFNER  
Post #5040005th Aug 2009 12:16 pm
AndrewS
Tarquin of the Desert 

United Kingdom 

If I were you I would go out on the lash punch a copper then go home and kick the dog Thumbs Up
 In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded.  
Post #5040015th Aug 2009 12:23 pm
Wex

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Laughing

No need to punch the kick the dog http://www.lro.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2...e4ce8e1d83

Post #5040125th Aug 2009 1:06 pm
sideview

United States 2005 LR3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Java BlackLR3

Well I got mine Wink

I'm not so good at giving advice...may I offer you a sarcastic comment instead?

Haiti Earthquake Relief: Donate Your Frequent Flier Miles 

Post #5040195th Aug 2009 1:26 pm
Ken

LROI would not do quality stuff like SoG Thumbs Up

Post #5040265th Aug 2009 1:58 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >