Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > My Discovery 4

Got my D4 today
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
thriftwood

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4
Got my D4 today

Picked up my Stornaway Grey D4 HSE Stornoway Grey late this afternoon - I think it looks great - but I'll have to check when I see it in daylight Wink
Very smooth & loads of oomph (not that I have been trying much with only 44 miles on the clock)
Got cameras & all the other goodies I ordered too Very Happy (garage said that new orders with cameras will not be until Feb/Mar!) but no rear audio connections Sad Interestingly no HSE or engine size badges either - I suspect this is a mistake but I'm not sure I really want them. Adaptive lights are great but garage still waiting for confirmation from L/R of reduced price Sad (Donation to forum as soon as I get my ££ back Smile ) Apart from a reluctance to recognise the Smart keys (not important unless you want to start the engine Wink ) I'm well chuffed Very Happy

Post #54299631st Oct 2009 12:40 am
Dan W

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4
Re: Got my D4 today

thriftwood wrote:
...Interestingly no HSE or engine size badges either - I suspect this is a mistake but I'm not sure I really want them...

I doubt it was a mistake.

Subaru started doing this a while ago too. In fact there was no visable difference between my top of the range Outback to the bottom of the range. It was a real problem when i went to sell the car and I had to prove through a valuation certificate that the VIN was within the range for a Premium variant!

Aparently the car makers do this because many people won't buy a make if they can't have the top of the range (ie they'll buy a cheaper make of vehicle if it means they get the top of the range). So if you don't identify that someone is driving the pov model people are happy to buy it, and sales volumes rule more than sales dollars.
 2012 MY13 SDV6 SE D4 Ipanema Sand with Almond leather
2012 TDI Passat - they reckon the DSG is crap, I reckon it's awesome
2010 MY11 Mitsubishi Challenger - Gone (it was a "Challenging Year")
2007 MY08 TDV6 SE - gone 

Post #54302031st Oct 2009 7:31 am
mwestcrew

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

The smart key system is quite sensitive, for example if you put the key in a door pocket the car won't start if the door is open. It sometimes won' be recognised in a back pocket either. It is a radio transponder and a low power one at that! I normally have the key in a pocket to unlock the car and take it out and put it in a cupholder as I get in, and I've never had a problem.

ENJOY!!!
 2011 D4 Landmark, Mini Cooper SD Clubman, Range Rover Vogue SE  
Post #54305231st Oct 2009 11:00 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
thriftwood

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Thanks - I definitely have a BFG now Very Happy
I tried the suggestions on the smart key positioning but one of my keys seems to be much worse than the other. Doesn’t seem to much matter where you put it in the car it works about one time in seven. The other key seems to work most of the time - about six out of seven - so I have one full key between the two Shocked
Garage are going to check up with techs on Monday. In the meantime I will carry both keys Rolling Eyes The odd thing is that both keys work perfectly for keyless entry - just not to start the engine. I might try changing the battery on the dodgy one just to see if it makes a difference. Otherwise I am open to any other (polite) suggestions.
Richard
Ps dealer also checking what happend to the badges - but I think I like it better without them Wink

Post #54320431st Oct 2009 6:58 pm
Mollers

I parked next to a D4 HSE in Michaelwood Services yesterday, that was fully badged. It looked good and made our D3 look a tad dated I thought. Rolling Eyes

Post #54321631st Oct 2009 7:20 pm
RPG

United Kingdom 

I've seen at least 4 different ones in Falmouth and Penryn in the last couple of weeks Thumbs Up Saw one of them again, earlier near Perranporth. Bali Blue 8)

Post #54325831st Oct 2009 8:15 pm
Mollers

RPG wrote:
I've seen at least 4 different ones in Falmouth and Penryn in the last couple of weeks Thumbs Up Saw one of them again, earlier near Perranporth. Bali Blue 8)

Have you seen a muddy, black D3 with an Ifor tipping trailer behind around Pen/Fal? Smile

Post #54326831st Oct 2009 8:29 pm
RPG

United Kingdom 

Might have, but not noticed the sticker! Mine is normally a nice two-tone black/brown, too, but the MTRs, Mantec (occasional expo rack) and stickers give it away Thumbs Up Whose is that nice one by the bridge with the winch and arb bumper?

Post #54328331st Oct 2009 8:48 pm
Mollers

RPG wrote:
... Whose is that nice one by the bridge with the winch and arb bumper?

The owner of Tallack Windscreens. He drags a large dive rib around with it.

Our's has a small St.Piran next to the rear no.plate and a Ski and Boarding Factory, Selva Val Gardena sticker on the rear glass. Wink

Post #54328931st Oct 2009 8:56 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >