Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > My Discovery 4

Got One
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
virginD4

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4
Got One

Well, after four years and four Jags, I decided it was time to expand my life....

always like the look of the Discovery but it was a bit too agricultural inside...

Well the Disco 4 changed that... ordered one, well not so much ordered it as just got what was left for a pre-christmas delivery...

Friday came... so did the snow... but didn't stop me... there she sat all gleaming in Nava Bronze, never seen that colour in the flesh till I picked it up and was very impressed (bit of luck really).

Drove her home very nice indeed. Saturday morning first trip full of fully grown men on a jolly.

Sunday came fully laden seven up with 3 suitcases for a airport run.

Today first day at work and all in all very very impressed.

Drives like a car, very smooth very quiet hope this honeymoon period carries on...

But I have a question. If I self fit one of the removeable tow bars with the twin electronics, does it need activation via the software or is it as simple as it looks?????

And when can I have it chipped.......

Last 8 years last 8 cars, all diesel turbos all chipped so bring it on please....
 Nava Bronze... 3.0 HSE... not sure what else just ordered it...  
Post #56861421st Dec 2009 10:18 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

If same as D3 then towing will need activating, don't know if remaps out but couple of site sponsors (BAS & 10forcash) will be able to advise you. Chipping puts the Mr. Green in a D3 and would be Mr. Green Mr. Green on a D4. Thumbs Up

Post #56861921st Dec 2009 10:27 pm
bellautos

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Hi
Ive also just got my D4 last week, and by the sounds of it your loving yours a much as im loving mine Smile
Like you it was sat there all shiny waiting for me, its a shame because its all dirty now Sad

Anyway, i fitted the towing electrics to my car last week and it is what is says on the tin "plug and play" they wire in to the spare plugsin the NSR of the car and into the rear cross member for the sockets.
The electrics will work the trailer lights without activation, BUT they work better with activation which sorts the parking sensors and tow assist etc etc which i can do with the dealer diagnostic tools i have.

Ive also been on with the tuning for the last 4 months, it is actually ready but i have some final Dyno power runs and temp measurements to do before its ready for release but it wont be long after christmas.

If you need the towing electrics part number for landrover let me know.

Pete

Post #56868922nd Dec 2009 12:13 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
virginD4

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

Pete you sound a like a good source of info...

Ok so I'll fit the tow bar and then when you are ready with your software for remapping I'll pop up and see you and hopefully you can sort out the towing activation at the same time..

Was looking for the twin electronics version, if you have the part number for that...

and look forward to releasing the beast soon ....
 Nava Bronze... 3.0 HSE... not sure what else just ordered it...  
Post #56870422nd Dec 2009 12:25 am
bellautos

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

The detatchable towbar part number is KNB500070, this im unsure of the price i used my old RRS one,but plenty available here if the dealers are to expencive.
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trk...Categories

The twin electrics part number is VPLAT0011, this was about 75-85 ish quid i think from the dealers.

Yes no problem, fit the tow bar and after christmass when the tuning is final come up and ill do that an the tow bar enable.

Pete

Post #56871122nd Dec 2009 12:31 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >