Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Discovery 5 - L462

Got one on Courtesy Car...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
J77

Scotland 

A DS yuk

When I bought my D5 SE 17MY it was a tad under £54k for the 3.0. 18MY exact same spec, and fog lights now have to be added plus I would take the digital dash it’s over £57k Shocked I suppose I can’t really complain as my Velar was more expensive Embarassed
 23.5MY Defender 90 X-Dynamic SE D250 MHEV Pangea Green  
Post #193604013th Apr 2018 10:13 am
riverblanche

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hi,
well we had a 3.0 HSE that had a load of extras as well 8) but think it was many £££££

Inside was very much like our RRS (MY16) seats nice with electric everyway adjustment, really like the head rests Mr. Green would like them on ours

ICE satnav ect all quicker to use but the radio reception was rubbish constant interference across stations and the satnav had an odd stammer announcing left turns
"take the next L Left" it happened a number of times

Engine pulls very well Whistle certainly picks up the door handles and goes when you want to overtake.

although fuel economy was showing worse than our RRS (306hp) and we did about 150 miles

you still can not knock the load area when the seats are all down (all done by electrickery) nice and flat, found it out by mistake while driving (well swmbo did) although the shopping that WAS on the back seats is now a bit flatter.

again comparing to our RRS the ride on the 275/45/21 was good, did have a bit more roll and not as firm but seemed about the same absorbing the bumps/hotholes

Neither of us a fan of the Black paint and chrome mirror caps Exclamation but did like the Ivory trimmed orange leather, that was until we saw the black leather trimmed white in the showroom, yes like that combo.

Prefer the stubby gearstick to the dial but expect its just what you get used to.

Are we going to swop Question well no, it did not make us Want it but next year if we need more room Question then it would be on the short list.

Thumbs Up
 Transit! 2019
Gone D3 HSE 2008
Another Porsche Cayenne 2022
Gone Porsche Cayenne 2020
Gone RRS HSE Dynamic 2016
Gone RRS HSE LUX 2011
Gone RRS HSE 2006
Gone D3 SE 2.7 2008
gone D2 Td5 1999

I plan on living forever and so far so good !

Club DG Mclaren stuff

Post #193753817th Apr 2018 8:32 pm
Russell

United Kingdom 

al cope wrote:
Jack - I relly dont know but later this year my D4 will be 3 years old, so I will typically take a look then. I dont mind keeping it, its notthat I need to change at 3 years old, but it depend how numbers stack up.

Volvo? Skoda? - dont really want to move away from LR but may have to, as dont really want a DSport, and everything else is more expensive than a D5.

Al

I liked the look of the XC90 but after going into dealers on a number of occasions and not getting any intrest from sales people decided a no go. Aso found that the support offred from Volvo when thimgs go wrong and they do is poor, in a freinds words "No f***** support " Final nail in the cofin was i saw one last week with back axle totally ripped out, it had been in a 20 mph bump with a Picasso. the Picasso had a wheel ripped off but could not belive the state of the Volvo XC90
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #193754117th Apr 2018 8:42 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JackNorris

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Well tried to look at a Ford Ranger, Got moaned at for abandoning my D4 in their car park by a sales man, stated that car park was full and looking for a Ranger, Said wasn't his problem. Then asked if I was looking for business or residential, said wasn't sure yet and then sent me off.

Thats that ticked off the list!

Volvo XC90 or D5 will be the choice I think.
 MY2023 Discovery 5 R-Dynamic 3.0
MY2020 Discovery 5 Landmark 3.0 - SOLD
MY2005 Discovery 3 V8 4.4 HSE - SOLD
MY2019 Discovery 5 SE 3.0 - LR Replaced !
MY2005 Discovery 3 S 2.7 - SOLD
MY2016 Discovery 4 Graphite - SOLD
MY2015 Discovery 4 SE Tech - SOLD 

Post #193757617th Apr 2018 9:44 pm
J77

Scotland 

Russell wrote:
al cope wrote:
Jack - I relly dont know but later this year my D4 will be 3 years old, so I will typically take a look then. I dont mind keeping it, its notthat I need to change at 3 years old, but it depend how numbers stack up.

Volvo? Skoda? - dont really want to move away from LR but may have to, as dont really want a DSport, and everything else is more expensive than a D5.

Al

I liked the look of the XC90 but after going into dealers on a number of occasions and not getting any intrest from sales people decided a no go. Aso found that the support offred from Volvo when thimgs go wrong and they do is poor, in a freinds words "No f***** support " Final nail in the cofin was i saw one last week with back axle totally ripped out, it had been in a 20 mph bump with a Picasso. the Picasso had a wheel ripped off but could not belive the state of the Volvo XC90

Pretty much my experience, the Volvo dealer couldn’t really care whether I bought one or not and wouldn’t allow me to take one on a 24Hr test drive, 2 hours supervised that was it.
 23.5MY Defender 90 X-Dynamic SE D250 MHEV Pangea Green  
Post #193757917th Apr 2018 9:51 pm
JackNorris

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

I tried to look at one in Volvo but they didn't have one Big Cry
 MY2023 Discovery 5 R-Dynamic 3.0
MY2020 Discovery 5 Landmark 3.0 - SOLD
MY2005 Discovery 3 V8 4.4 HSE - SOLD
MY2019 Discovery 5 SE 3.0 - LR Replaced !
MY2005 Discovery 3 S 2.7 - SOLD
MY2016 Discovery 4 Graphite - SOLD
MY2015 Discovery 4 SE Tech - SOLD 

Post #193758017th Apr 2018 9:53 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >