Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays

Greetings from ...........
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 36 of 66 <123 ... 353637 ... 646566>
ianm27

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

You know you're at a height when the helipads are below the room window Rolling with laughter

And for heaven's sake don't you show off your assets - likely to cause an international incident Whistle
 Uncle Ray's spare wheel protector
Limo Tint
Blackvue front & rear dashcam
Cruise control switch pack
Bodsy's remote for FBH 

Post #203719715th Mar 2019 1:49 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

We’re still discussing that very issue. I’m not getting anywhere re SWMBO being happy in the shower! I’ve got a feeling we’re shopping in Hanoi for curtains tomorrow. Thumbs Up

PS SWMBO’s just had an inspirational idea. She’s now showering in her swimming cossie. Shocked

Post #203720015th Mar 2019 1:52 pm
mark the spark

2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XXV LE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

just back from 3 weeks in vietnam and cambodia

only dissapointment were the overnight sleeper trains all were a crock of S####e even the cockroaches complained about the bogs
!

great trip enjoy take a stroll across the lake to the turtle temple if you get 5

hope theres less smog than whwn we went much better down south
 MY05 SE D3 Manual my first LR what a car
MY10 HSE D4 auto
MY14 XXV more buttons than the spaceshuttle 

Post #203720815th Mar 2019 2:23 pm
Pelyma

England 

Keep at it Del, you'll out do the Brexit thread at this rate. Thumbs Up
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #203722015th Mar 2019 3:02 pm
kajtzu

Finland 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Rolling with laughter

Post #203722715th Mar 2019 3:13 pm
jambo27

United Kingdom 

DSL wrote:
We’re still discussing that very issue. I’m not getting anywhere re SWMBO being happy in the shower! I’ve got a feeling we’re shopping in Hanoi for curtains tomorrow. Thumbs Up

PS SWMBO’s just had an inspirational idea. She’s now showering in her swimming cossie. Shocked

Can't you just pop up to the roof and peer over the edge through the window to confirm the opacity of the glass ??

Post #203725315th Mar 2019 5:03 pm
DSL

Ukraine 

Shhhhh, don’t mention access from the roof, I listed what she shouldn’t be worried about and that includes window cleaners! She’s presently in the shower as were totally socked in with cloud. Only those window cleaners to worry about. Whistle

Off today to see what Hanoi is like to get around by bus, much to the amusement of the staff in the lounge. No 1 item on to-do list is egg coffee. Thumbs Up

Post #203735516th Mar 2019 12:59 am
DSL

Ukraine 

And we made it into & out of Hanoi successfully, well sort of. We aimed to get a bus in from near the hotel but that didn’t work out and ended up getting a Grab in to near Hoam Kiem lake, well more accurately the Viettel shop nearby to top up the data.

Roads around there are closed of so no cars and just a few pesky motor bikes but pretty nice to be walking down the middle of the road. Lovely and tranquil, well for the middle of a city in VN.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Nice Soviet style statue

Click image to enlarge

right next to a bunch of Vietnamese peeps trying to sell Irish stuff and Ireland. That was a bit weird to put it mildly.

Click image to enlarge

Now looking for a coffee shop but decided to give this one a miss.

Click image to enlarge

Ended up at a cafe just off the lake and got to try egg coffee. Note brollies and rain coats, we are really missing the heat of the south. Big Cry

Click image to enlarge

It is deeeeeeeeeeelish. Think Vietnamese coffee with the sweet condensed milk at the top, all whipped up in a mass of foamy perfection. Mr. Green Mr. Green

Click image to enlarge

We’ve just been told about coconut coffee, that’s next on the list. Thumbs Up

We’ve finally found a Micky Dees, the first after Hong Kong, which seems like months and months ago. Didn’t go in though, my body is a temple and all that. Whistle

Click image to enlarge

We did pass this cute hotel, at least it’s not telling fibs about itself. Pretty typical Vietnamese house/building, just built up the way.

Click image to enlarge

And finally, with SWMBO in charge of navigating for a change, we got the bus back. The way she’d set it up on googmaps it was a 1.2km walk to the stop. What she didn’t say was that it was a 1km hike to where she’d started the route!!

Proof of the pud.

Click image to enlarge

SWMBO is now planning bus routes for our adventures tomorrow, much to the amusement/horror of the staff here. Whistle I’ve got flights to book, if Air Asia will let me pay them. Banging Head Banging Head

Post #203737916th Mar 2019 9:54 am
mark the spark

2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XXV LE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

hope there upgrade system in better than vietnam airways

with them you pay a small fee to register pay the upgrade but dont get told if youve got it till possibly 3 hrs before you fly if you dont get it they refund you

i tried twice no upgrade and gota full refund but its a barmy system run through someone called optiontown Confused

anyway enjoy hanoi

the water puppet theatre is interesting if you get time and im told the womens museum is good although we couldnt find it much preferred it down south Hoi an markets are a must and the cu chi tunnels nr saigon are a great day .. you can fire m16s and ak47s if thats your bag

if your itinerary allows it cross the border into cambodia and go to Angkor wat one of the most impressive historical sites in the world an absolute must see
 MY05 SE D3 Manual my first LR what a car
MY10 HSE D4 auto
MY14 XXV more buttons than the spaceshuttle 

Post #203743416th Mar 2019 2:34 pm
kajtzu

Air Asia is a LCC - a regional version of Ryanair/Easyjet - so they’re probably not much about upgrades unless it’s regarding permission to use lavatories Whistle Rolling with laughter

(Nice pictures btw)

Post #203744616th Mar 2019 3:23 pm
DSL

Ukraine 

We’ve seen the “ upgrade” emails from Vietnamese Airlines, but have generally just ignored them. I’m not sure they do fully flat seats on 55 minute flights using ATR72s or A320s. Whistle Don’t need to worry re upgrade on the Air Asia flight we’ve just booked, pushed the boat out and gone for their fully flat bed seats. Thumbs Up

Busy day planned for today & tomorrow. Should be quieter on the bus today as Sunday so major sights like the military museum & shuffle past Uncle Ho, later subject to queues. And coconut coffee. Mr. Green

Re down sauff, we’re heading back that way after a few weeks in the norf. Looking forward to seeing a 3 at the front of the temp number, not 1. Fleece wearing weather. Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry

Oh, only got a single entry visa so no popping out to Cambodia, plus no malaria tabs with us on this trip. Cambodia, Laos, Thailand & Myanmar chalked in for next jolly. Thumbs Up

Post #203764417th Mar 2019 1:28 am
DSL

Ukraine 

Morning folks, been a bit of a busy day. As planned bus in to Hanoi & out again. And greetings from Lenin. Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

Here’s a few pics of the Military Mueum, only took one of the imperial citadel.

Here’s proof that the US didn’t need to bother with MiGCAPs, the NVAF did the work for them. Whistle

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Lots of bits in here, some obviously from B-52s but lots from other types. Will have to do a search to see if someone more geeky than me has identified the bits.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Nice F-5E, intact this time. No rear sections lying around like in Hué and Khe Sanh.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Now seeing Soviet aircraft with Russian script as opposed to Vietnamese.

Click image to enlarge

Not that Google Translate is much help. Laughing

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

And SWMBO’s not impressed that the windows are not as opaque as I’d suggested. It’s now only showering in cloud lower than the 66th floor, or we cover the windows with newspaper.

Click image to enlarge

Luckily plenty of low cloud. Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

And the only pics I took in the citadel. I wasn’t in photographic mode by that time.

Click image to enlarge

Very important chap back in the day, way more so than Uncle Ho.

Click image to enlarge

And it seems that the gods have listened to our complaining re it being cold. Careful what we wish for as a bit wheezy in all this polluted air. Sad

Click image to enlarge

Last edited by DSL on 17th Mar 2019 10:54 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #203766817th Mar 2019 10:35 am
kajtzu

The SAC fist shield is probably from a B-52. I think the tankers and reconnaissance aircraft under SAC control would have been operating over friendly territory or over the water.

Happened to be the other day in the vicinity of the aircraft museum at Tikkakoski, Finland (near the airbase). They had a bunch of WWII kit like a downed Brewster in FIAF colors on loan from a US museum. Also primary search and defense radars, radio systems, direction finders from WWII - Cold War, old helicopters, interceptors, missiles, rockets, bombs, etc. if you’re in the neighborhood it is a nice tour and entry is a tenner.

Post #203767117th Mar 2019 10:51 am
DSL

Ukraine 

Deffo from a B-52, the tankers were supposed to only be out to sea or over Thailand or South Vietnam but some did venture up into the Route Packs to nurse crippled aircraft back, sometimes staying hooked up all the way as the attached aircraft was leaking and using so much fuel that’s they’d have never got back to a friendly base.

Tikkakoski Is deffo on the radar for a future Scandinavian RT, it’s just a shade too far for tomorrow. Whistle

Click image to enlarge

Post #203767517th Mar 2019 11:07 am
DSL

Ukraine 

Morning all, another cloudy day in Hanoi. We were going to do a big hiking day today (all the way round the big lake) but my cold is coming back and I was a bit wheezy yesterday so cutting it back. Going to have a bit of a wander and find the lake with a chunk of B-52G sitting in it.

Click image to enlarge

Also we have a problem. This hotel chain likes to give you little presents. They are usually not that useful but yesterday they left a pack of Mr Viet Da Lat coffee in the room and I really, really want to take it home but short of carrying it in my sweaty mit all the way I can’t figure out how. No way will it fit in our packs without bursting and everything having that fresh ground coffee aroma for the rest of the jolly. Big Cry Big Cry

Click image to enlarge

First world problem, I know but it’s still a problem. Thumbs Up

Post #203788618th Mar 2019 2:44 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 36 of 66 <123 ... 353637 ... 646566>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >