Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General (D4)

Guy Salmon MOT for life- not!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Vince2

Guy Salmon MOT for life- not!!

Have a 2015 Disco 4 from new from Guy Salmon with MOT for life which was fine till this year. (Also bought 5 year service plan) So come to book my final service and free MOT and they inform me they no longer do the free MOT,!! Evil or Very Mad I tell them they can't just finish the agreement, but they say in their terms they reserve the right to cancel it at any time.
Any thoughts?

Post #216824917th Aug 2020 3:00 pm
Kilovolt

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

Had this stunt pulled on me by Guy Salmon Coventry some years back. It is a sales gimmick.

I let them complete the service and the MOT then flatly refused to pay for the MOT. I reminded them they may have removed the service but they had not informed me in writing so shove it [I have a long history with their crap service).

Dealer big-wig called from his office after the stink being caused at the service desk - they paid on this occasion and I never returned to darken their door 8)
 "Track day running - Don't put your foot back on the accelerator until your absolutely sure you don't have to take it off again"

Current Ride: D4 XS Commercial Baltic Blue SDV6 fully loaded with heated everything Smile
Track Days: BMW E36 M3 Evolution MY 1996 (3.2 Litre 377 BHP sat in 1,250 Kgs of car, with a pro safety cage and some serious braking power) Smile 

Post #216825117th Aug 2020 3:07 pm
Vince2

Thanks for response and really good for you.
Do you know what? 10+ years ago I would have done exactly what you did but I just can't handle confrontation nowadays, the adrenaline rush and red mist upsets me too much. I try to avoid it at all cost. That's why I've posted the situation on here hoping for inspiration!

Post #216825717th Aug 2020 3:33 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

It’s like the gearbox being filled for life, obviously LR & GS’s definition of life is different from the rest of us. Rolling Eyes

Take your business elsewhere. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #216827917th Aug 2020 4:57 pm
Vince2

There's a GS sticker in the engine bay that actually says "Guy Salmon Promise" - "MOT for life, even if you sell the vehicle"!!!

Post #216829817th Aug 2020 5:56 pm
Sheepy

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

To be honest, I'm not surprised. And there's nothing unique to LR dealers about this sort of dodgy practice. I bought an Insignia with the "lifetime" warranty and an MOT pack from a local dealer. In the small print, the lifetime warranty required the car to be checked and confirmed as ok by their technicians every year. One year they "forgot" to renew the warranty on their system, even though they did the service and fixed some items under said warranty, and so it expired. Vauxhall refused to reactivate it claiming it was the dealer's fault. The dealer said I never asked them to do it (even though the worksheet included "warranty reactivation check") and then charged me for the MoT, because the MoT pack small print said it was only valid for cars covered by the lifetime warranty. I've never been back, and will never buy a new vauxhall again.

Post #216830717th Aug 2020 6:21 pm
Vince2

I've had 5 new Discos since 1992 and because of LR dealers, I'm actively looking elsewhere. Particularly since they decided to build the new Defender abroad. A real kick in the face of British workers and loyal home buyers who have supported LR for years thinking we were helping British jobs. They've taken us for granted for far too long.

Post #216837917th Aug 2020 10:34 pm
Vince2

Well guess what? When I got to the G S yesterday they decided to give me this mot free but said it would be the last free one. That's ok as I hopefully will never go to a main dealer again now my service plan has come to an end.

Post #216890820th Aug 2020 10:12 pm
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Vince2 wrote:
I've had 5 new Discos since 1992 and because of LR dealers, I'm actively looking elsewhere. Particularly since they decided to build the new Defender abroad. A real kick in the face of British workers and loyal home buyers who have supported LR for years thinking we were helping British jobs. They've taken us for granted for far too long.

Can’t argue with that! Sad
 2006 D3 HSE (Original & still the best)-GONE
2010 D4 HSE (A bit bling)-GONE
2014 D4 HSE (Almost too bling)-GONE
2015 D4 HSE (A heated what?)-GONE
2016 D4 Landmark (Written Off)-GONE
2016 D4 Landmark (Surely the last!) PD1881 rims-GONE
2017 FFRR SDV8 Autobiography 

Post #216891020th Aug 2020 10:14 pm
Oxford-boy

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XXV LE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

Twitter seems to be the medium where Companies take most notice. If you have this then maybe a picture of that sticker and calling them out for poor service might bring a groveling response...

Alternatively just ditch them as you have...

Whistle
 Jim

2014 Discovery 4 XXV SDV6 Causeway Grey
2016 Discovery 4 HSE Lux SDV6 Loire Blue - now gone 

Post #216905821st Aug 2020 5:17 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >