Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D3)

What hands free kits are we using to play music etc
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Andy Foster

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
What hands free kits are we using to play music etc

Looking to upgrade my Parrot in my 08GS.

I'm only looking for a hands free kit and not swapping out the LR head unit, been down that route and didn't like it.

Choices at the minute are between the Parrot 9200 and the Pure Highway 600. Parrot is favourite at the minute due to the ease of change, seeing I've got one fitted already.

So after some opinions and suggestions as to what else is out there.

I've got a Garmin fitted using the D4 surround so Nav is taken care of so it really is just for music and calls.

Cheers

Andy
 D4 MY15 SE TECH
D3 gone but never forgotten. 

Post #188327924th Nov 2017 10:24 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Andy Foster

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Someone must be using one of these or something similar.
 D4 MY15 SE TECH

Post #188365926th Nov 2017 8:42 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Sea Raider

I can only speak for the Pure 600
bought this last year for my Discovery 3 SE as I fancied the DAB part.
Bought it from Halfords and decided to fit myself as I wanted to hid all the cables.
The unit itself doesn't have any cables attached so can be mounted or left in one of the cup holders, luckily I left mine in the cup holder during test.
The first unit worked well for all of 2 days and I have to say I was more that happy with it, however on day 3, I couldn't get it to connect with the aerial and no amount of faffing about with it could get it to work.
I returned to the branch and the 'Fitter' played with it for half an hour (he had to read the instructions to find out how to pair it etc).
He thereafter tried swapping out the head unit for another one and when that didn't work, swapped the aerial and again, no joy.
He contacted the Pure helpline who advised him to refund my money and return all the units they had in stock.
Refunded my £150 and promised to contact me if they could get to the bottom of things, never heard another thing.
So I'm still hunting for a reliable replacement

Post #188366426th Nov 2017 9:28 am
Andy Foster

Thanks for that. Probably rules out the Pure then.
 D4 MY15 SE TECH

Post #188367726th Nov 2017 10:19 am
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

I have the pure Dab and love it, as above the aerial is not up to much, but you dont need it, I use it for my music stored on my Iphone. I also use my iphone to connect to the radio stations apps that work very well with this setup.
To be honest I never did expect much from the screen aerial anyway. This is how I use mine and as soon as you jump in the car it will connect to your last used app or your own music on your phone.

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #188368726th Nov 2017 11:13 am
Andy Foster

Cheers Mick Thumbs Up

To be honest though I’m not bothered about the DAB it as I’ll only use it for phone and music.
 D4 MY15 SE TECH

Post #188370126th Nov 2017 12:32 pm
Sea Raider

Just to confirm I couldn't get the unit to do anything, when it did work DAB worked perfectly.

Post #188370726th Nov 2017 1:12 pm
MikeBob

South Africa 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

im using a parrot 9200 for calls. i haven't bothered wiring up the music bit yet.

Post #188376626th Nov 2017 6:40 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >