Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 8 <12345678>
robrs

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

Hopefully have live values soon

Post #204564813th Apr 2019 3:17 pm
robrs

Gap tool arrived this morning and I’ve spent the day playing,there’s no fault codes in there. I calibrated the suspension which didn’t work, I also tried manually adjusting it even figures like with no success it just sat 12mm low on the n/s. I’m not sure where I go from here, I think I’ll have to start pulling it apart but it doesn’t feel like just one corner or front or back it feels like the whole suspension is too hard like I’ve got 60lbs in the tyres.

Post #204643616th Apr 2019 4:02 pm
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hi

I keep thinking about this regarding hard suspension

Could it be a faulty reservoir pressure sensor that’s out , or possibly the reservoir valve not opening correctly to allow air going to the front and rear valve blocks

Indeed I see the air struts run at a lower pressure so as mentioned with more air in the system the height would increase

Also bugging me but know there are some very experienced members here

As you’ve got the iid, see if the corner valves are opening correctly , along with ensure ur abs speed sensors are all the same

Know that’s not much help to u

If u pull the F26 fuse overnight does it drop at all

Post #204644816th Apr 2019 4:58 pm
gstuart

Also looking at the charts , thought the suspensions pressure should be up to 1780kpa

So as urs is cutting out at 16.8 bar is that enough pressure for the suspension

Maybe some of the members can see what readings they get on there suspension plse as a comparison

Air reservoir works upto 17.5 bar , so could there be a slow leak in the tank not allowing the pressure to build up correctly ??? , ie when the ecu sends the message for the reservoir valve to open if there’s not enough pressure in the tank I assume though suspension would lean or drop

Personally If I couldn’t find the solution I would be cutting isolating valves and pressure gauges on the front and back valve blocks , letting the system build up then turn the isolating valves off,so the air couldn’t get out again from the struts , pulling fuse F26 so compressor didn’t run any more , proving if the suspension rides ok or not, if it did it would then surely prove the struts are ok and the issue lies elsewhere

Of course the more experienced members would be better to listen to, just clutching at straws really , just my own personal idea

Yeh i know I’ll get my coat Rolling with laughter

Here’s one of my live data readings

Post #204645116th Apr 2019 5:06 pm
robrs

Thanks for all your thoughts. Mines a discovery 4so it runs at a lower pressure I think. I’ll try pulling the fuse,It doesn’t drop overnight normally.

Post #204646116th Apr 2019 5:46 pm
gstuart

No worries

Apologises , as I Feel a bit of a doughnut though ref the pressures, doh

Will see if I can find the D4 sheet like the one above ref all the pressures to see if it helps

If it doesn’t drop over overnight , no point pulling the fuse, that’s just to stop the system self levelling

May i ask please Have u looked at the live data with ur iid to check the corner valves are opening along with the reservoir valve , inc pressures etc

Can then do a screen shot of it or email the info to urself for future reference Thumbs Up

Also thinking has the D4 got like a motorway suspension height which drops down at a certain speed

Plus have u changed ur compressor at any time, if so was the software updated accordingly

Post #204647616th Apr 2019 6:52 pm
robrs

No need to apologise,the amount of work you’ve been putting in on this site with Land Rovers is enough to make any one dulally Rolling with laughter it’s all a great help. Live data showed the corner valves all opening and closing and pressures good,surely if the pressures were wrong it would be to high or low ,I don’t really know how the system works? I was reading bardleys comments on furniture mans post and I can only agree with him, I haven’t read anything about the motorway suspension hight changing,it would be a good idea if it did. I’ve had the car from a year old and 10k so I don’t think any thing has been changed. I even checked the front and back cross link valves were working going over big bumps doing a rock crawl,it took some big potholes but they did open. Thanks

Post #204650216th Apr 2019 8:49 pm
robrs

Ps. I did put a second hand reservoir with a pressure sensor on it and it didn’t change anything

Post #204650516th Apr 2019 8:55 pm
robrs

Sorry reservoir valve.

Post #204650616th Apr 2019 8:58 pm
gstuart

robrs wrote:
No need to apologise,the amount of work you’ve been putting in on this site with Land Rovers is enough to make any one dulally Rolling with laughter it’s all a great help. Live data showed the corner valves all opening and closing and pressures good,surely if the pressures were wrong it would be to high or low ,I don’t really know how the system works? I was reading bardleys comments on furniture mans post and I can only agree with him, I haven’t read anything about the motorway suspension hight changing,it would be a good idea if it did. I’ve had the car from a year old and 10k so I don’t think any thing has been changed. I even checked the front and back cross link valves were working going over big bumps doing a rock crawl,it took some big potholes but they did open. Thanks

Many thks, indeed be been clutching at straws when trying to work things out Whistle

Did u read the suspension pdf Manual, enclosed a link here anyway just in case u haven’t , shows how the system works

http://media.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/u...iption.pdf

Pleased the info has been useful, plus we can’t give up now can we Laughing

Plse don’t forget those speed sensors as they are tied in with the suspension , can be tested via the live data as u drive along , simply to rule it out

Also u can check the voltages to ur sensors as well to make sure there working

Post #204651416th Apr 2019 10:01 pm
PROFSR G

Ukraine 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

robrs wrote:
Gap tool arrived this morning and I’ve spent the day playing,there’s no fault codes in there. I calibrated the suspension which didn’t work, I also tried manually adjusting it even figures like with no success it just sat 12mm low on the n/s. I’m not sure where I go from here, I think I’ll have to start pulling it apart but it doesn’t feel like just one corner or front or back it feels like the whole suspension is too hard like I’ve got 60lbs in the tyres.

If you have no fault codes the system integrity seems sound, so either it needs re-calibrating or the struts/ suspension arm bushes are shot.
Re-calibrate the suspension but use the "guided" method. Its not unusual for the calibration to go wonky when you are also trying to familiarise yourself with the tool. Take your time and stay with it you will get there!
 yµ (idµ - eAµ) ψ=mψ

Post #204652216th Apr 2019 10:59 pm
gstuart

Thumbs Up Bow down Bow down

Post #204652816th Apr 2019 11:58 pm
robrs

Hi,I’ve checked the wheel sensors and all working,I have got suspension hights spot on 466mm fronts and485mm rears,still no better. With the car sitting level the only corner showing weird readings is the o/s/r .

Post #204660917th Apr 2019 10:32 am
robrs

Post #204661017th Apr 2019 10:36 am
PROFSR G

Ukraine 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Those figures are arbitrary! What matters is the "measured" height from the centre of the wheel to the bottom of the wheel arch.
 yµ (idµ - eAµ) ψ=mψ

Post #204664417th Apr 2019 12:41 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 8 <12345678>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >