Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General (D4)

Heating is useless in the D4!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 11 of 15 <123 ... 101112 131415>
Gary_P

Ukraine 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Well mines been in for 3yr service and a few warranty items including the heating issue. They have applied the TSB and recalibrated the blowers. I'll find out the result over the next few days and report back

Cheers
 Gary
-------------------------------------------

Discovery 4 HSE 2016MY 

Post #194759223rd May 2018 8:27 pm
Gary_P

Ukraine 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Update:- Obviously haven't had cold weather sinc TSB was applied and blowers recalibrated.

I have noticed a difference in the force from the top and bottom blowers now, it seems much more even on auto. I tried the heating on auto on shortish runs on a couple of chilly evenings a couple of weeks back and the temperature achieved, evenness throughout the car (feet and head) and maintenance was much better. I didn't travel over about 40 minutes though so don't know if that would be maintained on a longer journey which used to be a problem. Need a summer beast from the east and a long run to give it a good test. Warranty runs out this month so unlikely to make any further progress with LR on it.

Paul, was there any publicity for the issue achieved , I know you hoped to get it out there?

Cheers
Gary
 Gary
-------------------------------------------

Discovery 4 HSE 2016MY 

Post #195551820th Jun 2018 10:20 am
Armpit

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto ArubaDiscovery 4

Gary - I am happy at the moment that mine is much better and I am almost certain it is related the humidity sensor.

I will wait until winter again to reserve complete judgement, but I fear that now I have a bodged sensor thanks to Autoglass, the first response from JLR would be to highlight this and again I would get nowhere.

I am resigned to the fact that I will never own another JLR product in the future.

I hope your car is sorted......let's see where we are when the weather changes.

Cheers - Paul

Post #195570020th Jun 2018 10:48 pm
philm

England 

Gary_P wrote:
Update:- Obviously haven't had cold weather sinc TSB was applied and blowers recalibrated.

I have noticed a difference in the force from the top and bottom blowers now, it seems much more even on auto. I tried the heating on auto on shortish runs on a couple of chilly evenings a couple of weeks back and the temperature achieved, evenness throughout the car (feet and head) and maintenance was much better. I didn't travel over about 40 minutes though so don't know if that would be maintained on a longer journey which used to be a problem. Need a summer beast from the east and a long run to give it a good test. Warranty runs out this month so unlikely to make any further progress with LR on it.

Paul, was there any publicity for the issue achieved , I know you hoped to get it out there?

Cheers
Gary
I've had the TSB done twice, still hot legs cold body on a decent journey. OK on short journeys. L633 Defender
Range Rover Velar-gone
Discovery 4 Landmark-gone
Gap IID Tool 

Post #195572021st Jun 2018 7:13 am
Maxxed_Ross

Scotland 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

slightly off topic, but I discovered that the temperature of the heated seats can be adjusted using IID

There's 3 different settings that adjust what temperature each level will heat to. Obviously with my other half being totally cold blooded it's now would right up to the hottest setting possible Laughing
 2013 Discovery 4 HSE Lux | 2001 Defender 90 TD5 | 2007 Prodrive RB320  
Post #195595321st Jun 2018 9:12 pm
Littletamcroft

Scotland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4

2016 Landmark had issues with heating since new - checked 3 times and most recently in June when said again that all good. Auto is waste of time and need to use manual settings to get any heat! Can be an issue in NE Scotland in winter☹️
 2016 D4 landmark in Yulong White
Previously 2012 D4 HSE in Stornoway Grey & 2000 Freelander 3dr 

Post #197934130th Aug 2018 11:43 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Littletamcroft

Scotland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4

2016 Landmark had issues with heating since new - checked 3 times and most recently in June when said again that all good. Auto is waste of time and need to use manual settings to get any heat! Can be an issue in NE Scotland in winter☹️
 2016 D4 landmark in Yulong White
Previously 2012 D4 HSE in Stornoway Grey & 2000 Freelander 3dr 

Post #197934230th Aug 2018 11:44 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Armpit

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto ArubaDiscovery 4

Update from me - I had Autoglass replace the non OEM windscreen with a genuine one and reinstate the humidity sensor.........yesterday evening drove back from Lincolnshire to Manchester, outside temp around 3 deg C and it was almost unbearable in the car - really cold right arm, neck and upper body.

Today, I have removed the humidity sensor completely (disconnected it) and I will see what effect this has over the next few weeks - then for me it's contacting Watchdog if no better.

Please advise if you are willing to support an approach to Watchdog.

Thanks - Paul

Post #199576828th Oct 2018 4:00 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Totally unbelievable that a supposedly premium brand manufacturer can produce cars in this millennium that cost £50+k that have heating systems that are totally useless. And no, I don’t accept their bolldocks about working within “design intent”, if that’s what their designers intended they should restrict their intake of jelly babies or narcotics. Rolling Eyes

Post #199577328th Oct 2018 4:12 pm
kajtzu

Finland 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

In all fairness how is this different from your average British house? Mr. Green A few years ago, in the winter, I got a warm water bottle in a hotel on half moon street if I were cold during the night. Mr. Green Mr. Green Whistle
Thumbs Up

Post #199579428th Oct 2018 5:07 pm
Grianaig

Scotland 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Also in fairness, in 27 years of Disco ownership, despite early problems involving non-heating issues, I have never had any with the heating. Thumbs Up
 2014 MY Discovery XS Indus Silver. Sadly gone. Second last LR of forty eight years continuous ownership.  
Post #199579828th Oct 2018 5:23 pm
fat bloke

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Perhaps they used up the leftovers from the defenders on the last of the D4s as similar in cold design to keep you awake?

Post #199580328th Oct 2018 6:01 pm
yellodisco

Scotland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

now that the nights are turning colder again, I'm also starting to suffer this problem once more. 30 minutes into a journey and the car decides I should have a cool head, disregarding what I've told it I want (warm air through ALL vents).
I don't think its too much to expect that when in manual mode the car delivers what it has been set to deliver, and doesn't decide to over-ride my instruction after 30 mins. Fair enough if its in Auto mode, where all the sensors come into play and it tries to automatically maintain what has been requested, but if I manually set temperature to max, through all blowers, then I expect it to continue providing max temperature (which is only warm, not hot) through all vents for the remainder of the journey.
A major issue in an otherwise excellent vehicle, so, happy to support you Paul.

Post #199589329th Oct 2018 12:19 am
SimSamSeven

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

Armpit wrote:

Please advise if you are willing to support an approach to Watchdog.

Thanks - Paul

I’ll also support his Paul. Thumbs Up

Quick newbie question? To disconnect the sensor, do I just pull off the plastic cover (how?) and then is there a cable behind the cover that I can disconnect from the sensor?
Thanks
Steve

Post #199621129th Oct 2018 10:33 pm
MatR

Switzerland 2016 LR4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Zermatt SilverLR4

I also disconnected the mirror/screen sensor (20 second job while waiting at a level crossing today). Yesterday I had to turn the auto off and progressively turn up the temp to 28 degrees after an hour of driving. Today, as soon as I disconnected the sensor, the aircon fan kicked up a few notches. My impression after the one drive is it will now just about hold temp on auto at 20/21 degrees after an hour (outside 3 degrees) albeit the flow is all through the floor vents, and the middle and screen vents are still relatively cool (not cold though). I think armpit is onto something here....it might not be the complete fix, but my first view is it is a big improvement and might be something I can live with . Interested to see results if others try it. To open the mirror shroud, stick finger in the square gap at the top near the headlining, it pops open. Squeeze the tabs on the grey plug and pull it out.
cheers
Mathew

Post #199628630th Oct 2018 8:59 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 11 of 15 <123 ... 101112 131415>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >