Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > My Discovery 3

Hello. Thank You. Poor Running EGR MAP MAF
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
McMorgan

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Hello. Thank You. Poor Running EGR MAP MAF

Hi all, I’ve been a member for a while and have often searched on here for answers when problem solving... First of all a huge thank you to everyone who contributes and my poor running issues ended up being down to the MAF Metre.
In the process though I changed the MAP and had the EGRs blanked. Problem was that no codes came up and the only thing that did show was that one of the EGRs was not working to full capacity.
I’m an ‘enthusiast’ rather than a mechanic!! But I remember seeing a sticker saying ‘Land Rover, making their owners into mechanics for 60 years’ and that process has been my reality too over the last 15 years... It was a question of being brave enough to take things apart knowing it would be me who had to put them back together again!!
The other tips I picked up was to clean the wires in the sensors using electrical contact cleaner (and nothing else because this stuff leaves no residues).
My Discovery has 184,000 miles on it with a full service history. I’ve owned it for 4 years and done 60,000 in that time. It had a new engine fitted at Land Rover at 112,000 miles after the oil pump housing failed and killed the first engine (previous owner had a mate in Land Rover and got it done under warranty!!!)
This is the first Discovery I’ve had and now I’ve had it I can’t see what else I’d get. The new stuff doesn’t grab me. And the new Defender is huge money and only a Defender in name IMO.
Along the way thanks to this forum I also De-Tangoed the headlights and got some stickers from online that updated the look of the headlights. I like them but not everyone would I’ll bet.
Anyway, she’s just had the Cam belts changed (age - 7 years since new engine, not due to miles) and I had the 10 year service done. It’s also had new discs and pads all round this year. And I had the underneath wire brushed and soaked in oil and Wax treatment. Need new tyres soon too but hey ho it’s all still cheaper than getting a later one.
This is the best Discovery forum from my experience...
 Discovery 3, Defender 90 2.4, Series 1 88”, TVR Chimaera 5.0  
Post #210534312th Dec 2019 12:16 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >