Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Help Please!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

you can see the fuel filter from the RH front wheel arch with the wheels turned fully to the left. the latest filters have a marker card on the top of the filter itself. the two you need to concentrate on are 2 & 4, due to the position of these pipes it's easy to get them crossed over

Post #4137672nd Feb 2009 7:20 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JoJo

France 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Thanks! Good practice for changing a wheel! looks crossed to me but haven't got wheel off yet so probably wishful thinking Sad
 TDV6 SE Buckingham Blue
DISCO1 - Adriatic Blue
Jeep Wrangler Sahara Edition 

Post #4142133rd Feb 2009 2:23 pm
London Lad

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

The tension builds to a crescendo !!!
You should never argue with idiots because they will just drag you down to their level....then beat you with experience ! 

Post #4142223rd Feb 2009 2:54 pm
JoJo

Jo Jo is not a happy lady! Big Cry Looks like a fool proof system and that the filter actually is also colour coded which someone mentioned that they usually aren't! I have looked at the print out of the diagram everyone kindly posted turned it round, upside down and stood on my head and Unfortunately for me It looks Censored Perfect!!!! Big Cry Still can't understand why my car works if it needs 5 new injectors after putting one in didn't sort the prob! back to the very expensive drawing board Rolling Eyes
 TDV6 SE Buckingham Blue
DISCO1 - Adriatic Blue

Post #4142343rd Feb 2009 3:36 pm
DN
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

JoJo wrote:
Looks like a fool proof system and that the filter actually is also colour coded which someone mentioned that they usually aren't!
.......... Embarassed Sorry JoJo.........my filter definately has no colours marked on it, only the pipe ends are coloured, LR may have actually tried to do something about that problem then Rolling Eyes ..... Has the dealership described what is actually wrong with the remaining injectors? and is the one that has been replaced not showing a problem?  
Post #4143293rd Feb 2009 5:58 pm
JoJo

DND3 wrote:
JoJo wrote:
Looks like a fool proof system and that the filter actually is also colour coded which someone mentioned that they usually aren't!
.......... Embarassed Sorry JoJo.........my filter definately has no colours marked on it, only the pipe ends are coloured, LR may have actually tried to do something about that problem then Rolling Eyes ..... Has the dealership described what is actually wrong with the remaining injectors? and is the one that has been replaced not showing a problem?

No probs! All we know about the injectors is when they put it on the diagnostics machine it was jumping around all over the place saying Error, Error on all the injectors, we are also dealing with The french arrogant mentality here too! Big Cry I am thredders with it! May have to drive it back to England but a little wary oetting of the long drive in a poorly car!
 TDV6 SE Buckingham Blue
DISCO1 - Adriatic Blue

Post #4143443rd Feb 2009 6:16 pm
frogall

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Aw shucks Big Cry

I was so hoping it would be the simple problem..... Sad
 I'm on a whisky diet. I've lost three days already.  
Post #4146083rd Feb 2009 11:38 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

If you can get a photo of the filtre post it to make sure. Idea
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #4146143rd Feb 2009 11:41 pm
JoJo

JoJo wrote:
DND3 wrote:
JoJo wrote:

No probs! All we know about the injectors is when they put it on the diagnostics machine it was jumping around all over the place saying Error, Error on all the injectors, we are also dealing with The french arrogant mentality here too! Big Cry I am thredders with it! May have to drive it back to England but a little wary oetting of the long drive in a poorly car!

Apologies was under no uncertain terms being pedantic about filter markings, just extremely disappointed that the problem wasn't the filter, as I can't investigate the injectors, any feed back would be great! Thumbs Up
 TDV6 SE Buckingham Blue
DISCO1 - Adriatic Blue

Post #4146163rd Feb 2009 11:42 pm
JoJo

caverD3 wrote:
If you can get a photo of the filtre post it to make sure. Idea

Took a pic but not quite clear as i wasn't too confident about my Jacking skills, was quite aware that it is quite a weight to come crashing down on anyone! will post it on my gallery 2morrow Thumbs Up
 TDV6 SE Buckingham Blue
DISCO1 - Adriatic Blue

Post #4146173rd Feb 2009 11:45 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

JoJo wrote:
was quite aware that it is quite a weight to come crashing down on anyone!

Especially if you use the jack LandRover supply. Rolling Eyes

Jo Jo, I must say that I am most impressed by your willingness and ability to get stuck in. Bow down

We have another sideview? Thumbs Up
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #4146474th Feb 2009 12:17 am
pom

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

I'm coming to the conclusion that LR will only give a franchise to a dealer who is Censored useless. There is definitely a pattern here.

Pom

Post #4146514th Feb 2009 12:20 am
JoJo

caverD3 wrote:
JoJo wrote:
was quite aware that it is quite a weight to come crashing down on anyone!

Especially if you use the jack LandRover supply. Rolling Eyes

Jo Jo, I must say that I am most impressed by your willingness and ability to get stuck in. Bow down

We have another sideview? Thumbs Up

Thank goodness it comes with diagrams and slots to make sure it is secure! Glad I had input to find the Filter am extremely Impressed with disco.co.uk great feed back and passionate people, I took the P out of my husband for becoming addicted!! As he loves his Disco! I think If there are a lot of ladies out ther driving these beasts they should not be frightened to be able to at least change a flat!!!! I also Love Landrovers I miss my Series 3! anyway back to the problem!!! trying to post my photos of the filter! Thumbs Up Bow down
 TDV6 SE Buckingham Blue
DISCO1 - Adriatic Blue

Post #4146604th Feb 2009 12:33 am
JoJo

pom wrote:
I'm coming to the conclusion that LR will only give a franchise to a dealer who is Censored useless. There is definitely a pattern here.

Pom
Exactly doesn't matter what language, I have 110 lwb, series 3 swb a Freelander54 plate, disco 2 and disco3 been off road an on road with them all! had so much flack for buying Landrover as they seem to come with a stigma! I love them and am willing to pay a fair price for the upkeep, BUT! sometimes it's a joke and a rip off! After all I live in france and my D3 has a peugot engine ........ TDV6 SE Buckingham Blue
DISCO1 - Adriatic Blue

Post #4146764th Feb 2009 1:07 am
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Perhaps your local Peugeot dealer can fix it Rolling Eyes

Post #4146794th Feb 2009 1:17 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >