Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Help please P017 recall
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Kane

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Just reading through this thread and it seems that I am in a similar predicament, I only brought my Disco last week but only noticed today that there was a bubbling/boiling noise when the brakes were applied along with the brakes not holding when in Drive. Surely this could not be the same issue relating to this recall. Will speak to LR tomorrow (Monday morning), but it does look as if the recall has been done previously. Does anyone know if the recall has to be repeated whether or not it's LR or the customer who is liable for covering the costs?

Post #16636735th Jun 2016 8:51 pm
NJSS

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Welcome Kane

Sorry to hear of your problems; did you buy from a dealer? If so you have the law on your side.

More information about the car, and your purchase might help us assist.

Good luck.

NJSS
 Am I Gammon or Woke ? - I neither know nor care.

2016 Discovery 4 Landmark
2011 Mercedes Benz SL350 (R230)
1973 MG B GT V8 - 3.9L John Eales engine, 5 speed R380 gearbox, since 1975.
1959 MGA roadster - 1.9L Peter Burgess Engine - 5 speed gearbox
Past LRs - Multiple FFRs, Discos & a Series I - some petrol, some diesel,
none Electric or H2 fuel cell - yet.
There are 10 types of people in this world: Those who understand binary, and those who don’t. 

Post #16636795th Jun 2016 8:58 pm
Kane

Ok, so this was a private sale so unfortunately seen as sold and no recourse on the previous seller. The vehicle is an 07 HSE and runs pretty much standard with the VIN falling in to the bracket for the P017 recall so built sometime in 2006, trying to think what other details about it to include.

Post #16636895th Jun 2016 9:21 pm
Hils

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Yes certainly sounds like the same as my problem. I had the bubbling sound originally and it's really frightening when they don't want to stop. I'd assume that the recall hasnt been done on yours or its not worked. Either way I don't see how you can be liable for costs. Keep us posted though would be interested to know how you get on. If they do say the recall has been done make sure you mention that people have had to have the parts replaced on more than one occasion.

Fingers crossed for you

Hils

Post #16636955th Jun 2016 9:41 pm
Kane

So spoke with Basingstoke Land Rover this morning and they have advised me not to drive it. Crying or Very sad
However I have to wait till next Tuesday before they can look at it, once again Crying or Very sad
£150 inc VAT just to run the diagnostics device, I've performed a test of the brake booster and it seems to be air-tight, If there is oil within the booster, does anyone know if this will quite evident if I remove and of the lines running in to it?

Post #16640386th Jun 2016 8:45 pm
Hils

They should have been able to tell you whether the recall has been done straight away and without you paying anything, certainly that's what happened in my case. When my fault reoccurred I had a free investigation offered as they had done the recall whether this would have been the case if it was a different dealer I don't know.

Personally I would contact Land Rover Customer Relations as soon as.... my dealings with a dealer have been abysmal. They may be able to speed things up, after all if you are without your vehicle because of the P017 then its up to them to sort it out ASAP.

0370 500 0500 Thumbs Up

As for not driving it well yes for safety reasons but how long has it been like that. I had my car for over a year before I knew what it was really supposed to stop like Rolling Eyes

Post #16643067th Jun 2016 3:21 pm
leo6

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 4

Looks like I am having the same problem. Hard brake pedal on a 06.
Checked the servo/booster and found 4" of oil in it. It appears that a recall has already been done on it, new pipework, but obviously has not rectified the problem as so many others on here have found.
Booked it into Guy Salmon of Northampton next Wed. They quoted me £130 for diagnosis (that will be up for debate). I can show them a self diagnosis video for free. Also pm customer service on here.
Will update once its been in

Post #168476026th Jul 2016 4:18 pm
Hils

Oh no not another. Confused Good luck with it.

Post #168505327th Jul 2016 11:23 am
Kane

Just to give you all an update on this issue. Lancaster LR in Reading had my vehicle for over 3 weeks and did all the rectification work free of charge - they actually spent some time going backwards and forwards with Jaguar Land Rover but the fee was picked up by LR in the end and I didn't have to argue about anything. The downside to this experience is that LR couldn't provide me with a courtesy vehicle.

Leo6, I just drove the car to Land Rover Reading and asked them to take it in as a breakdown incident because I felt it was unsafe to be on the road. I explained the signs and symptoms and they took care of it. As I said, I did have back up evidence, ie. videos of me inspecting/disconnecting the components at fault but never had to disclose this. The dealership was very open and upfront about the situation. The reason for the delay in work was that items that needed to be replaced and they did the whole lot were on factory back order and I was probably lucky that it only took the time that it did. Hope that wherever you take yours they are as open and honest as Lancaster Reading.

Post #168521427th Jul 2016 6:42 pm
leo6

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 4

Good news.
Just picked up the D3 from Guy Salmon. All parts replaced under Recall/Warranty free of charge.

Very good service and communication with Dealership.

appy chappy Very Happy

Post #169107911th Aug 2016 6:08 pm
Russell8910

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3

Hi, Just want some advice on the PO17 re-call for the brake booster. My LR3 is making the bubbling sound now but is 2007 model. Can I assume that LR will still change the defective parts even at 250000kms???
Cheers,
Russell

Post #192560313th Mar 2018 10:43 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >