Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D4)

Help with Disco 4 electronics
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
access

Malta 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Izmir BlueDiscovery 4
Help with Disco 4 electronics

I just got a new Discovery 4 XS and I am trying to play with all its toys. One of the things that I noticed is that there is no 4X4 Info on the touch screen menu. Is this an option? I also cannot lower or lift the car using the smart key. Instead of lowered the car it lowered all four windows. Do I need to do some kind of setting?
One last question, how do I operate the windows and other electrical gadgets without having to switch on the engine? Bow down

Post #72214928th Nov 2010 8:19 am
nighthawk

Malta 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Quote:
how do I operate the windows and other electrical gadgets without having to switch on the engine?

I believe every electrical gadget should work with the key in position 2 (the one that starts the system self testing with all the lights on the dash coming on, just before cranking).
Some (like the windows) even work in position 1
Some (like the radio) might even work for some time with just the key in the ignition.

I'm pretty sure that's how it is on the D3

Regarding suspension with the smart key, I found this in the D4 manual
"The buttons on the Smart Key may be used to operate the air suspension system, allowing the vehicle to be raised or lowered remotely. This may be useful in attaching a trailer or loading the vehicle. To change the suspension height using the Smart Key, the vehicle must be stationary, all the doors closed and the hazard warning lamps switched on."

Having said that, what's the connection with the windows? Well, on the D3 the key fob could be used to open the tailgate, switch on headlights or raise or lower the suspension. It had to be programmed that way. Probably the D4 is the same. Someone with a D4 will probably help here Smile

Post #72215728th Nov 2010 8:55 am
access

Bongu nighthawk,

Will try that...thanks

Post #72216028th Nov 2010 9:10 am
RichardB

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4
Re: Help with Disco 4 electronics

access wrote:
I just got a new Discovery 4 XS and I am trying to play with all its toys. One of the things that I noticed is that there is no 4X4 Info on the touch screen menu. Is this an option? I also cannot lower or lift the car using the smart key. Instead of lowered the car it lowered all four windows. Do I need to do some kind of setting?
One last question, how do I operate the windows and other electrical gadgets without having to switch on the engine? Bow down

The XS does not have the 4x4 screen enabled as standard only the HSE has this with its premium nav.

HOWEVER... You can access this screen before the engine is switched on. If you do a search here, you should be able to find instructions as how to access. Unfortunately, you have to do this each time you start up. Nevertheless, not really an issue if you just need for off roading (in reality it is helpful here and isn't much value in normal road driving!)

Alternatively, it can be enabled by a clever chap (Pete Bell) who provides this service in the UK. Might be harder for you though given location. I have this and it's very good plus fills the blank hole on the touchscreen menu!

Hope that helps

Post #72221728th Nov 2010 12:20 pm
access

Thanks RichardB for the info, will do a quick search. Bow down

Post #72235928th Nov 2010 6:02 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >