DISCO4.COM > My Discovery 3

My Very High Very Low Mileage Discovery 3 Commercial
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
disco-nut

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
Re: your d3

disco6 wrote:
got a seat of rearboot tan leather seats if you want them....??????

I would love them please, but you might be a bit far Laughing

Post #229752827th Jun 2022 8:41 pm
disco-nut

Moo wrote:
disco-nut wrote:
3 Bin liners is what it took to clear the rubbish out of this Discovery Shocked Cleaned the dash and door cards, screwed the side step trim back on and was knackered after that, so parked it back up and left it, already coming with low coolant as well, so that's another thing to sort. Wiring under the drivers seat is shocking too, so I will have to set aside an afternoon to redo the wiring and get the seat working again.

Blimey Shocked You don't half take some cars on. You sure theirs money in that?

I haven't planned to sell it on, however my neighbour has already offered £4500, so seriously considering that offer at the moment. But the plan is, work horse for towing for the business and off roading without worrying too much about the bodywork.

Post #229753027th Jun 2022 8:44 pm
disco-nut

Decided to hold onto this one for now, broken indicator stalk has now been replaced. I plan to take it to be washed tomorrow as the job I did was not good enough 😂

And since jet washing it, I seemed to have disturbed something, now all I smell is poo 😂

Post #230027216th Jul 2022 10:22 pm
disco-nut

Well, not a good start! Got this beast on the road, and luckily had the sense to keep the first journey pretty local. I thought I would get fuel and take it to the jet wash. 2 miles into the journey I got transmission fault and engine fault messages and limited gearbox function! But if I restarted it, it would clear straight away and let me drive up to quarter of a mile then do it again! Luckily I usually keep diagnostics of some sort on me, so ran them after I washed the van. Quite a list Shocked Laughing And at first, I thought, right, you are a POS, so you will be going up for sale if we ever make it home. Got home and then changed my mind.

It sounds like a big boost leak coming from the front when engine malfunction comes up, but I got home and got a message saying something I bought from ECP was ready to collect, so jumped in another car, collected that item, then immediately stripped the rear lights off of this Discovery. I have decided to go for an American style rear light look. I know, my priorities are backwards Whistle Rolling with laughter But it is now too hot to be outside to do anything strenuous, so tinting the lights red keeps me busy Laughing

So this beast now has NO mud underneath or poo which stunk! And is cleaned on top too, excluding the interior, and it has been for its first proper drive with me. Total of about 20-25 miles as a bin lorry caught fire next to the car wash Shocked

Post #230060419th Jul 2022 11:05 am
disco-nut

Forgot to add the fault code list that came up. Not bad for 275000 miles Rolling with laughter

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #230060519th Jul 2022 11:08 am
disco-nut

The final result of the tail light upgrade. I really like it.

And the indicators still show orange.

Post #230061119th Jul 2022 11:52 am
disco-nut

Got 2 of the Discovery's on the drive now.

Post #230097121st Jul 2022 9:17 pm
disco-nut

Today I had to move my trailer and the first vehicle I could get to was this D3, tows really well, it didn't even feel like the trailer was behind it. Only had to move it to unload the trailer and then an idiot neighbour who lives at the totally opposite end of the road which would have been easier to drive in the other end decided to come in my end of the road, so had to do a lap of the estate with the trailer behind the D3, and it went really well.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #230111523rd Jul 2022 9:52 am
disco-nut

Another little upgrade. Nice set of 20" wheels on it now.

Click image to enlarge

This time on the test drive to get the suspension to level itself, I got about 1 mile before Engine Malfunction, Transmission Malfunction came up and then F displayed on the dash where it tells you what gear you are in. Pulled over, restarted and it cleared and off I went.

It is now parked up for the minute, But I only realised today that it 3 18" wheels and 1 19" wheel. I thought they were all the same size. I am putting the old wheels up for sale anyway.

Post #230115223rd Jul 2022 3:51 pm
disco-nut

This is now on my premises Landlords drive as the parking didn't get finished in time, and as you can see, just some of my other cars (all personal vehicles) in the picture, also there. It is there awaiting for me to do the repairs. I am breaking my blue D3, I will be using some of the blue ones parts on this one and on my green one to keep them going, and stripping and selling the rest. Even though this one keeps going into restricted performance, I actually prefer driving this to my latest Range Rover. I have already got modifications planned.

Post #230224830th Jul 2022 11:17 pm
galwaygreen

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Graphite LE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

disco nut you are....if you get fun out of it good on you...kick on keep smilin

Post #230226031st Jul 2022 12:19 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
disco-nut

I know it has been a little while since I have posted on here, but I have been extremely busy with my new business, this has lead me to neglect all of my green ovals and leave me currently driving my 1 series BMW. So after getting some customers vehicles completed and some sales vehicles at a stage where we were awaiting parts, I needed to and collect another vehicle on my trailer, only a mile away down the same road, so though I would give this a run, despite having quarter of a tank in it that I know of, sure as hell, the engine and gearbox went into limp mode with the fuel pump wiring fault once on the way to the destination, got there and the vehicle I was collecting was too wide for my trailer so on my way back to my yard, as I pulled up to the exit of the other garages yard, it stalled, I fired straight back up and no limp mode but the revs were bouncing around 250-500rpm bounces as I was driving along, so I just kept my foot down for the short journey and made it back without limp mode or stalling. I reversed the car with the tailer attached and turned it off. Left it a couple of days, at this point thinking that my torque converter was faulty, so finding time again yesterday, I started it up and the revs are even on idle, but start fluctuating when revving. So now I know there is nothing wrong with the TC, Is there any common issues on these that can cause this? I want to get this beast back in daily use.

Thanks

Post #231124016th Oct 2022 12:23 pm
disco-nut

Slight update with this one, For now, I have put it up for sale. Because of the fuel pump wire not giving me the correct reading, I ran it out of diesel, and I had a customer come in with a Range Rover Sport that needed a new battery, so sold them the battery that I had on this one.

Also because I came to a realisation that my now ex business partner had no skills with car tools and was great at talking the talk, but not walking the walk and a financial leach, so got rid of him, now back on my own I rebranded the business and not finding enough time to do much on my own vehicles. So much so that I ended up buying a Vauxhall Astra for me to use once the logbook comes through.

I have given a price that is a I don't want to sell it price where I have advertised it. So unless someone comes up with the dough, then it will hang around longer. But I am wanting to get my Tonga Green one back on the road, and I also have a Range Rover which is needing attention too. So we will see what happens.

Post #231645526th Nov 2022 10:56 pm
disco-nut

I keep looking at this and thinking I just want to get in and drive it again! So if I don't get what I want by the time I have either moved to my new workshop, or if that falls through, the weather thaws out, then I will be making this all good again.

Every time I drive into my yard, I see this and it puts a smile on my face.

Post #231876914th Dec 2022 11:57 pm
disco-nut

I have started tinkering with this, I got it started but it cut out again. I am hoping that this is a blocked fuel filter issue. But Tuesday and Wednesday I am moving to a new premises so if it doesn't start and drive on for the move, I will be towing it as it is only a few miles away. I have made the decision for now to keep this one.

Post #232008026th Dec 2022 12:09 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >