Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > My Discovery 3

My Very High Very Low Mileage Discovery 3 Commercial
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
disco-nut

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Today with sheer determination and some easy start to get it to start the first time, it started and stayed running, it even drove under its own steam to the new yard. However, shredded a tyre as it drove out of the yard.

So the verdict is….

My LR collection is only shrinking slightly and this is staying for now.

Post #232221310th Jan 2023 9:11 pm
disco-nut

Starting issue, poor running issue etc... all sorted. Blanked the EGR valves and found the butterfly in the throttle body had seized. Butterfly is removed now. And this beast now launches. But I stole the battery again which is now on my 6 series so the D3 has to be jump started again.

But following a minor bump in my life, I have put a few vehicles including this one up for sale. Don't want to sell it really, but needs are a must.

Post #232690516th Feb 2023 11:32 am
disco-nut

I am shock about this Discovery. A previous owner got in contact and revealed some information.

It turns out that 56000 Miles ago, It has a brand new (not recon) from main dealer Land Rover engine fitted! And it has had 3 gearboxes and 2 torque converters in its life.

Now knowing this, I am going to carry on restoring it. So my very high mileage car is actually a very low mileage one Laughing

Post #232754221st Feb 2023 10:50 pm
disco-nut

Well, a poltergeist thief stole half the bolts for my Freelander 2 turbo job and I had an apprentice for the day with me, so while I was off buying new bolts, I got him to get the fuel tank off of this Discovery for me. I was going to replace the fuel pump until I got underneath myself and spotted a ridiculous bodge.

An independent wire with a corroded push connector fitting exposed to the elements underneath the car running from the fuel pump to somewhere in the car.

I had to take another car for an MOT at this point which finished the day off, so I haven't traced the wiring route yet.

I don't normally work on a Sunday, but I have no choice, so tomorrow I will be in to finish the Turbo on the Freelander and trace this wire. I have the plug and a long length of wire from my blue discovery so hopefully I can put this right easily.

Post #23289714th Mar 2023 9:34 pm
disco-nut

I bought a used identical grill to the one on my Green D3 which came with the black LR badge already on it, so that went on my Green D3, and the one with broken clips from my green D3 has now gone on to this.

I have managed to repair half the loom for the fuel pump, but today I had to attend 3 breakdowns spanning from North London to Maidstone and then service a customers VW, so by the time I got back, it was already passed my business hours, so did 1 outstanding job on another customers car and fitted the grills before calling it a day and heading home.

I am actually going to be working tomorrow anyway, but with no customers due, I plan on getting the wiring finished on this Discovery so I can get the fuel tank back up and get the car back on the ground properly and moved out of the way.

The next mod is going to be painting the internals black and de-tangoing the headlights.

Post #23319891st Apr 2023 8:56 pm
disco-nut

It finally happened, The D3 is back on all 4's Laughing My thinner and stronger other half got under the car and bolted the tank back in place. The tank now always read the same level and doesn't seem to drop as it pleases. It will go for a small drive tomorrow to see if it is fixed. Had to use jump leads, but the engine started without struggling.

Post #233701118th May 2023 5:43 pm
disco-nut

I painted and re-fitted the dull side vent. Now can't get the suspension to raise Laughing But I am going to take it for a drive either this week or next week to its MOT test, so fingers crossed that I will finally get this on the road.

Post #23414296th Jul 2023 7:20 pm
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Still not convinced by your choice of wheels Confused

Anyway, hope I all goes well for you. Its been an exhausting journey Thumbs Up
 New Defender L663 110 SE (known as Noddy!)

Sold Volvo XC90 R-Design (known as Basil)

Sold - D4 HSE (Known as Gerty)

No longer the Old Buses original owner Sad
231,000 miles and counting
05 S manual owned from March 2005
D4 Face lifted
Still original injectors and turbo
V8 Front brakes
BAS Remap, Allisport Intercooler and deCat
EGRs blanked
T-Max split charge
Hanibal Expeedition rack
Prospeed ladder
Duratrac tyres
IID BT
BAS FBH control 

Post #23414356th Jul 2023 8:42 pm
disco-nut

Health and recent events have actually delayed this poor beasty getting back on the road Rolling Eyes

I had planned on putting it in for its MOT recently, but just haven't had time. I am hoping to get it in before middle of September. But we shall see.

It has now developed a problem with the suspension height control switch signal so won't rise until I am driving over 30 mph for a set amount of time Laughing

Post #234632928th Aug 2023 8:53 pm
disco-nut

Now sold this one on. I did most of the repairs, but needed another vehicle to use for a charity I help, and was offered a swap deal. So took it as I knew this was not going to be finished until next summer, the person who took it off me, somehow broke the engine on it, so it then got sold on again as spares or repairs. The engine was perfect when it went. But never mind. Rolling Eyes

Post #235397924th Nov 2023 9:56 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >