DISCO4.COM > General (D4)

high milers to auction
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
stew 46

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Siberian SilverDiscovery 3
Re: high milers to auction

galwaygreen wrote:
lookin for a simple 4 x 4 I searched the local auction....only to discovery my local dealer had 4 d4 in the next sale....all near 100k....they cant get a warranty set up so this is where they end up

Be interesting to know what they fetch £££
 -------------------------------------------------
if you cant hold on dont let go , it ill come in handy for something even if you never use it.
D3 SE 05,
110 s wagon 300 tdi SOLD
h top transit
crew cab transit
transit connect
ausa dumper, muck truck .
peljob 2.5 digger
06 L 200 crew cab 

Post #203789418th Mar 2019 6:50 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Pelyma

England 

DG wrote:
J@mes wrote:
Paul you're gonna summon the LR boot licker with comments like that.

Every case judged on it's on merit and all that... Laughing

Paul isn't daft enough to know that even Porsche warranties are subject to t's&c's ...and if the forums are anything to go by Shocked Whistle

The Porsche one is insurance based and as long as your car is main dealer serviced and isn’t one of the listed issues such as brakes then all is good. As you’ve said in the past LR’s insurance company does not cover cranks as it’s a known issue, despite every other manufacturer being worse than LR, you are left to LR giving a gesture of good will which as you said a few weeks ago might only be a contribution to the cost. That is the issue all insurance has T&Cs but these are not displayed as has been discussed.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #203789518th Mar 2019 6:51 am
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Pelyma wrote:
LT wrote:
Is the Porsche warranty the same as Audi?

IIRC, Porsche have never developed or manufactured any Diesel engine.

Neither had LR up until recently.

I was asking about the Audi warranty, as with near enough identical Diesel engines I wondered if there was a warranty advantage in for example choosing a Cayenne over a Q7 or a VW Touraeg.

Ford and BMW once owned LR and iirc VW owns the majority holding in Porsche. So access to oil burners hasn’t been a problem for either company. Thumbs Up
 2006 D3 HSE (Original & still the best)-GONE
2010 D4 HSE (A bit bling)-GONE
2014 D4 HSE (Almost too bling)-GONE
2015 D4 HSE (A heated what?)-GONE
2016 D4 Landmark (Written Off)-GONE
2016 D4 Landmark (Surely the last!) PD1881 rims-GONE
2017 FFRR SDV8 Autobiography 

Post #203797118th Mar 2019 10:05 am
Pelyma

England 

I don't know Tom, as you say the Q7, Cayenne and Touraeg are the same car, the diesel engine in my car is the Audi engine but wasn't available in the VW. I suppose the advantage of a Cayenne is it has a Porsche badge on it Laughing If you want more of a load lugger then the Q7, the Porsche has a fair sized boot but the rake of the rear stops large items. The VW seems to suffer with hesitations when pulling away, like the D3 and to a lesser extent D4, which the Porsche doesn't but the Porsche doesn't change gear quite as smoothly as my D4 did and sometimes it is quite brutal if you unleash it. As you've probably guessed I'm loving it Laughing

Edit: Looking online Audi only go up to 100K miles and you cover all components or specified components and have an excess, the Porsche cover is everything covered except:

Wiper blades
Tyres
Brake pads and brake discs
Shock absorber
Clutch disc and clutch pressure plate
Drive belt including tensioning guide rails and roller
Spark plugs
Batteries
PDCC reservoir
Coolant
All light bulbs (excluding Xenon and LED-lamps)
All filters, fluids, oils and greases

You can take 12 month or 24 month cover and it is transferable with the car provided it is sold either privately or to a Porsche dealer. Interestingly you can buy a car from say a generic dealer or privately, submit it to a 111 point check for sound £200 and then get the official Porsche warranty as above and if you take it out they knock the cost of the check off the warranty.

Post #203802218th Mar 2019 12:46 pm
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

So a used Porsche is arguably a better bet for an extended warranty.

Although I guess it will be more expensive to purchase than the similar VW/Audi models.

Interesting Thumbs Up
 2006 D3 HSE (Original & still the best)-GONE
2010 D4 HSE (A bit bling)-GONE
2014 D4 HSE (Almost too bling)-GONE
2015 D4 HSE (A heated what?)-GONE
2016 D4 Landmark (Written Off)-GONE
2016 D4 Landmark (Surely the last!) PD1881 rims-GONE
2017 FFRR SDV8 Autobiography 

Post #203802318th Mar 2019 12:51 pm
Pelyma

England 

Audi's seem comparable prices but certainly VWs are a lot cheaper but you can only get the 3.0 diesel (well when I bought mine that was all that was available)

Post #203802818th Mar 2019 12:58 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Pelyma wrote:
The Porsche one is insurance based and as long as your car is main dealer serviced

Not just that though eh? I read about warranty rejection for failing the 111 point check because the battery fitted was not OEM ...or rejected because a dash cam was fitted. You have to pay for the check on top of the warranty and you can't have a warranty unless you have the cjeck

Quote:
"Dear Dr Warren

Thank you for your letter addressed to David Metcalf which has been redirected to myself to respond on his behalf.

I am sorry to read that you are dissatisfied with the level of service from Porsche Centre Hatfield. I hope that the below explanation confirms Porsche's position.

It is at the discretion of the Porsche Centre should they wish to waiver the cost of the 111 Point Check. Should a Centre feel there is a validity to not charge for this service, the Centre is entitled to do so.

Before a vehicle has a 111 Point Check and a Porsche Approved Warranty can be applied, all vehicles must be inspected and have no modifications. Should a vehicle have modifications, these must be removed and the vehicle would need to be put back to it's standard specification as per Porsche AG's regulations.

If it is identified that a modification has been made and this is not amended, a Porsche Centre are unable to proceed with a 111 Point Check or Porsche Approved Warranty. This cannot be overlooked under any circumstances. Porsche Centre Hatfield have attempted to appease the situation by reducing the cost of removing your dash cam.

I am sorry that a Porsche Centre have previously neglected this rule, however, I can assure you that the service provided now is correct.

Should Porsche Cars Great Britain Limited be made aware that some Centre's are being more permissive than others, this will be addressed with management and actioned accordingly.

I am sorry that my response may be met with disappointment, however, I trust the above clarifies Porsche's position which will remain unchanged.

Kind regards

Lee Brown
Porsche Customer Assistance Centre
On behalf of Porsche Cars Great Britain Ltd
Bath Road, Calcot, Reading, RG31 7SE

Not really any different is it ....be honest Wink
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #203804918th Mar 2019 2:05 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Pelyma wrote:
LT wrote:

Er what? Laughing
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #203805118th Mar 2019 2:18 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Pelyma

England 

DG wrote:
Pelyma wrote:
The Porsche one is insurance based and as long as your car is main dealer serviced

Not just that though eh? I read about warranty rejection for failing the 111 point check because the battery fitted was not OEM ...or rejected because a dash cam was fitted. You have to pay for the check on top of the warranty and you can't have a warranty unless you have the cjeck

Quote:
"Dear Dr Warren

Thank you for your letter addressed to David Metcalf which has been redirected to myself to respond on his behalf.

I am sorry to read that you are dissatisfied with the level of service from Porsche Centre Hatfield. I hope that the below explanation confirms Porsche's position.

It is at the discretion of the Porsche Centre should they wish to waiver the cost of the 111 Point Check. Should a Centre feel there is a validity to not charge for this service, the Centre is entitled to do so.

Before a vehicle has a 111 Point Check and a Porsche Approved Warranty can be applied, all vehicles must be inspected and have no modifications. Should a vehicle have modifications, these must be removed and the vehicle would need to be put back to it's standard specification as per Porsche AG's regulations.

If it is identified that a modification has been made and this is not amended, a Porsche Centre are unable to proceed with a 111 Point Check or Porsche Approved Warranty. This cannot be overlooked under any circumstances. Porsche Centre Hatfield have attempted to appease the situation by reducing the cost of removing your dash cam.

I am sorry that a Porsche Centre have previously neglected this rule, however, I can assure you that the service provided now is correct.

Should Porsche Cars Great Britain Limited be made aware that some Centre's are being more permissive than others, this will be addressed with management and actioned accordingly.

I am sorry that my response may be met with disappointment, however, I trust the above clarifies Porsche's position which will remain unchanged.

Kind regards

Lee Brown
Porsche Customer Assistance Centre
On behalf of Porsche Cars Great Britain Ltd
Bath Road, Calcot, Reading, RG31 7SE

Not really any different is it ....be honest Wink

Of course it is, the 111 point check is around £200 and refunded, if you pass the check you are in and provided you keep your car main dealer serviced you are covered. Go to LR buy a car off their forecourt second hand and if outside of the original 3 years, ie using the extended warranty then the warranty does not cover your crank, you rely on LR goodwill - you yourself have said this. If my crank goes pop the day after my car is 3 years old, provided it is less than 150K miles or 15 years old the insurance warranty will cover it. Are you sure you're not Steve Jobs reincarnated, he had a reality distortion field just like yours.

Post #203805618th Mar 2019 2:50 pm
Pelyma

England 

Martin wrote:
Pelyma wrote:
LT wrote:

Er what? Laughing

Sorry Martin I meant the D3/4 engines.

Post #203805718th Mar 2019 2:51 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

I must have the same reality field as all the warranty whiners on the Porsche forums then Laughing
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #203805818th Mar 2019 2:53 pm
Pelyma

England 

Whatever Rich, nobody ever has a problem with a LR, the LR extended warranty covers every single aspect of your car and the D5 is the best car ever made Yawn

Post #203805918th Mar 2019 3:14 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Wow Shocked ...who on earth would try make you believe that ?? Rolling with laughter
Post #203806418th Mar 2019 3:31 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Best engine Land Rover ever made? It’s debatable but the TD5 is a great engine.

Post #203807318th Mar 2019 4:12 pm
Aerialmark

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Got to agree Gareth, a tad slow in its standard form but pretty reliable even so Thumbs Up
 The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything;
They just make the best of everything they have. 

Post #203808918th Mar 2019 5:07 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >