Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Holiday MPG
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Holiday MPG

Maybe a bit anorakish Embarassed but I thought I'd post the mpg I achieved on my recent driving holiday.
The D3 was fully loaded with kit, dog cage etc. two middle row seats folded down, three people. Also, fully loaded 470L roof box.
Drove from Bath to Loch Awe (just below Oban) average speed on motorways was c.75mph, no m/way congestion. Drove around the Highlands, much of which was on very slow single track roads. Also drove off-road on some forest tracks for c. 20 miles.
Drove to Roslin on the edge of Edinburgh, from which commuted into & around Edinburgh for 3 days for the Festival. Drove back to Bath from Roslin, hideous jams on the M6, took 8 hours Mad .
The total distance was 1,378.6 miles, used 242.61 litres of diesel (all standard Shell with the exception of 18l of Esso).
Considering the load & the huge roofbox, plus the urban & very slow roads, I was pleased to get 25.83 mpg. I'm assuming the roofbox would account for a good 2mpg or more at motorway speeds.
Total mileage is now c.8,500 so I'm still expecting an increase in mpg as the TDV6 "loosens up".
It has T/C & a ITG air filter.
P.S The computer showed the average was 27.3mpg at the end of the trip!
P.P.S The D3 was brilliant, everything worked perfectly. It was the ideal vehicle for the trip.

Post #8146030th Aug 2006 4:01 pm
k1w1

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Sounds about right to me. I just did 510 miles. 200-odd to Devon, 3 days tripping around (some single lane tracks) and 200-odd back. All on a single tank of gas. No roof box, but car fully laden with camping gear and 4 people.

Almost 30mpg on the trip down and averaged 26mpg overall.

Post #8156731st Aug 2006 9:00 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >