Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

home insurance renewal merry-go-round
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Grunders

2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

It’s the same every year... get the renewal quote.. go online and get a quotes (always cheaper), make the phone call and try and get them to price match... they won’t do it but do offer a better quote than the renewal, tell em I’ll cancel then I’ll buy on line

This is the same for both home and car insurance
 If it ain't broke... Take it apart anyway, how else you gonna find out how it works  
Post #191558017th Feb 2018 7:19 am
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

slightly 'off topic' but linked to the saga of my contents insurance......

Noticed a payment taken out of my bank account for £52.86 and it was a direct debit with Royal Sun Assurance. No idea what it was for and neither had SWMBO.

Rang my bank and they basically confirmed what I already knew that it was a DD with RSA and 'probably to do with insurance' (no Censored Sherlock.....).

What surprised me though was that despite me saying I had no idea what it was, hadn't recently set up a DD and therefore saw it as 'fraudulent' they said that they couldn't treat it as fraud, only RSA could as that was who had the DD set up so I'd have to call them Rolling Eyes

Rang them and their automated lines with myriad options had nothing that equated to "can I speak to someone please" after I had tried a few different options so I just tapped in what I thought would get me to talk to somebody (i.e. it's about an insurance policy, want to discuss premium, existing customer, etc.).

Person on end of line who eventually answers asks me for my policy number. I explain I don't know as I want to query a payment they have taken for something to do with insurance presumably. I then get the dreaded "computer says noooooo..." response. Ask to speak to supervisor and repeat myself all over again. They tap some details I have about the DD and say they can put me through to someone else......

Someone from 'More Than' answers the phone (how, why, WTF???) and eventually can tell me its to do with Emergency Call-out Cover on house insurance and broker is Lloyds Bank.......Hmmmmm

Ring my 'bricks and mortar' insurer and they say nothing to do with them and I have emergency cover included in my policy (I knew that).

Ring my contents insurer and repeat myself yet again. Ah yes, says they, I opted in for this when I took my recent contents cover out online so there you go, all sorted for you sir.

But, er, no I didn't take cover out online and no I didn't opt in for this cover - why would I, it's a contents policy and I already have cover on my bricks and mortar policy. He is adamant that I must have opted in and I point out that I have my policy in front of me and have read all 13 pages, including the mostly font type 4 print, and no mention anywhere of this supposed cover so can I speak to your supervisor please.....

Supervisor 'accepts' (grudgingly it seemed) that 'maybe an error had occurred' but I could only resolve it with RSA, not them. Well you'd better get them to call me then, which they did.

RSA, as you'd expect (but I believe them more), blame the insurers for 'just opting in on your behalf' and it would roll over annually as it was on DD until you stop it. They cancelled and refunded payment.

What a bunch of Censored thieving Censored

Three hours of my life I won't get back Rolling Eyes

Post #192879821st Mar 2018 12:48 pm
ianm27

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Glad you got it sorted - perseverance (being bloody-minded) pays off

I know some will say "Caveat Emptor" but that only applies when not dealing with Censored thieving Censored
 Uncle Ray's spare wheel protector
Limo Tint
Blackvue front & rear dashcam
Cruise control switch pack
Bodsy's remote for FBH 

Post #192880021st Mar 2018 12:58 pm
terryall

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Went through all the compoarisionb suites nonsense and ended up going to site sponsor A-Plan for peace of mind. Just prefer dealing with a human being who sorts thbiings out rather than hanging on phones for ages and nit getting very fare.

Post #192882521st Mar 2018 2:46 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >