DISCO4.COM > Maintenance & Mods (D4)

HSE Seat Swap - Easy to do?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
M4Rob1987

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
HSE Seat Swap - Easy to do?

Hi all,

just joined the forums so have quite a few questions about upgrades!

Have searched for this, but didn't find a specific answer!

I've got a 2010 GS spec D4 which I'm slowly upgrading and am looking to upgrade to HSE seats, mainly for the arm rest.

I've currently got heated, but manual seats and am looking to upgrade to HSE seats that have effectively the same function - I'm not that fussed about electric seats (although it would be nice), but would like to keep the heated option.

What are my options of what I can fit? I'm assuming that all HSE versions will be electric, and thus won't just "plug and play" into my Disco, right? I've also read that RRS HSE seats are the same bolt pattern etc, and so they could also be fitted?

TL;DR - What's the easiest way for me to swap my seats for HSE versions that retain the heated capabilities, and that can be fitted at home by a reasonably amateur mechanic?

Thanks in advance!

Rob.

Post #194801625th May 2018 10:56 am
Inigo

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Hello Rob

Looms should be in place, in mine it was just plug and play (once I bought Right Hand Drive seats rather than LHD). Might have to get someone to configure the CCF if you want to have memory seats.

I happen to have a set of heated HSE seats that I just removed from my D4 (soon to be written off). Give me a day or two and I'll take photos and post them up for sale on here. They do come up on ebay reasonably regularly as well.

If you look at the existing connector underneath the seat, there are different coloured sub connectors, one for each function. If you have more on your loom than are connected to your current seat, it suggests that the additional functions will work.

Post #194801725th May 2018 11:04 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >