DISCO4.COM > General

Inevitable tax increase
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #8669320th Sep 2006 11:09 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

JMC wrote:
There is no hypocracy there as I'm still in my thirties Whistle

JMC wrote:
Can you offer some hypnotherapy for SWMBO. I have been trying to get her to say those magic words to me for 20 years Wink

Let me guess, U were a toy boy when you were young???? Wink

Post #8669620th Sep 2006 11:17 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Reading most of the posts on this thread I see that most people believe that we are living in the UK air bubble like the politicians then !

Why are we even contemplating what is 'acceptable taxation' for us and the 'environment' when, for example, 120 million Chinamen will be readily wiping out ANY contribution we have made to reduce emmisions without anywhere near the tax penalties that are proposed for the UK...

...look at the bigger picture Evil or Very Mad
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #8669820th Sep 2006 11:31 am
dgrr

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
Re: Inevitable tax increase

[/quote]
Can you offer some hypnotherapy for SWMBO. I have been trying to get her to say those magic words to me for 20 years [/quote]
I think you'll still be trying for another 20 years Banging Head ... I, too, would love to get my SWMBO "to pay for usage only" 8) 8) But it seems I keep getting hit for an on-going retainer, plus hourly charge... & that's always rounded up! Big Cry

[/quote]
If not, is there any chance that you are female, cute & single...... :roll[/quote]
see above answer for clarification. If still not clear, see a doctor Wink
 DGRR  
Post #8670120th Sep 2006 11:51 am
KrZ

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Unknown ColourDiscovery 3

I believe this tax rise is a very cleaver one, hence all major parties are following this trend. And I certainly don't believe the increase in tax will reduce overall LR sales in UK. In fact, I believe it will elevate LR's prestige’s image.

Large 4x4 are expensive beasts, which to some extent, elevates ones social standing, the more tax government put on these cars will only encourage more to try to get to that elevated status, hence the demand will not be affected. (good example will be the skoda, skoda today are good cars, but they just don't take off in sales because.. errr, its a skoda).

It has been demonstrated by most media that most people buy 4x4’s in city believes 4x4’s are safer vehicles to be in, well, it is true because they are just a lot heavier then other cars. School runs using large 4x4s has two functions: 1. to pickup kids in a safer environment. 2. to establish a social standing amongst the parents. 3. to present owner with more choices such as being able to go off-road if required. Without debating whether demonstrating ones social standing is right or wrong, this behaviour exists and for that reason, it will boost ones image further if more tax is added.

Large 4x4 such as RR and Disco3 has its place in City as much as at the countryside, because it is no longer just a functional offroader, to many, it became a status symbol of ones social standing. Major political parties know it, and they know people will not flog out and sell their vehicles; most people will just pay up and hence get more tax money.

Political parties today focus mainly on how to get more tax money and at the same time brain wash enough people to get them elected, they no longer focus on the welfare of the country as a whole. Country such as USA, China don’t sign up to Kyoto agreement, fair play to China for grabbing on “developing country” status to opt out of such agreement, but USA, the largest polluter demonstrated that they will not jeopardise their country’s ambition by signing up such agreement. Tax the rich and give to the poor is a very popular method to gain support and power, Chairman Mao used this approach well and got him get to the political centre stage, and then maintained the status by hitting the rich and give to the poor whilst the country itself is in tumour. People may ask how China is waking up and is fast becoming a super power, the lesson here is to loose the burden of the wellfare system and encourage the super rich. This is a key contrast between UK and China, here we tax more to try to sustain the wellfare system which only encourages less educated chavs to bread more chavs thus putting more drain on the country’s resource as a whole in order to cough up more tax money. To that note, the so called green tax is another step towards the dark age of Britain where politicians fail to address the root of the problem and penalize the hard working.

Post #8670220th Sep 2006 11:55 am
JMC

Scotland 

DSL wrote:
Let me guess, U were a toy boy when you were young???? Wink

Lets just say that I have been protesting that I'm in my thirties quite a lot in the past few months (and will be for another few...... 8) )

Post #8670620th Sep 2006 12:28 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DSL

Ukraine 

Ah, the big four-oh is looming!!! I remember it well, it's after that it all heads downhill fast! Then it's hats & reading glasses for Christmas. Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry

Post #8670820th Sep 2006 12:34 pm
SN

Not necessarily! I discovered the D3 when I was 40!
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #8670920th Sep 2006 12:39 pm
DSL

Ukraine 

If you are like me, the manual is getting harder to read unless you stand under the light & hold it at arms length. Still D3 does help make up for it. Would I swap 43 for 23??? No way, was running an old banger at 23 wondering where the next fiver (and girl) was coming from!

Post #8671020th Sep 2006 12:43 pm
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

What does/has congestion charging done to do help the environment? Iirc, the cost of administration & equipment eats up all the revenue raised.
In London, the revenue raised was going to be ploughed into improving public transport. I don't think this has happened & in reality it's just another tax.
I'm also not convinced that the air quality has improved in London as a result of congestion charging, but I stand to be corrected.

Post #8673620th Sep 2006 1:40 pm
Ken

Just smells of LPG now Laughing Would also love to know were my £840,000.00 PA goes as well

Last edited by Ken on 20th Sep 2006 1:44 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #8673820th Sep 2006 1:43 pm
DSL

Ukraine 

LT wrote:
What does/has congestion charging done to do help the environment?

Made a good few people richer (i.e. helped their wealth environment) in the IT sector & paid for nice a plush office block in London (helped their office environment). Agreed, it's just another tax to screw you with!

Last edited by DSL on 20th Sep 2006 1:44 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #8673920th Sep 2006 1:44 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Ken2463 wrote:
Just smells of LPG now Laughing

No Ken ...thats your farty smell Laughing
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #8674020th Sep 2006 1:44 pm
DSL

Ukraine 

dickgriff wrote:
Ken2463 wrote:
Just smells of LPG now Laughing

No Ken ...thats your farty smell Laughing

Was that what was floating over Brunsfield last year???

Post #8674120th Sep 2006 1:45 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

No ...it was much worse than that Laughing
Post #8674220th Sep 2006 1:46 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >