Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Site News & Feedback

Is DISCO3.CO.UK a positive or negative ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 
Re: Is DISCO3.CO.UK a positive or negative ?

DG wrote:
I even love BLFarrar

What U smokin DG??? Shocked Shocked Wink

PS POSITIVE!!!

Post #20757824th Sep 2007 7:23 pm
RLD
Uncle Ray 

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I could not wright what DG as written but yes agree with him well put and the others to' you have to look beyond the negative and to the positive well that what i think.
 Home of RLD Hidden winch mounts Spare wheel Locks Trailer Body Fabrication [email protected] D3/4 sump plates MY 14 sump plates and the Discovery Sport wheel protectors Discovery 5 wheel locks
more Helsport tents and other things for camping Law of Mechanical Repair:
"After your hands are coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee!" 

Post #20759324th Sep 2007 7:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
CY

Scotland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

simon - you're getting my 5 minutes break before I crack on with my essay writing (just hit 1,100 words!) - so feel privilaged! Laughing

Is the forum a positive thing or negative thing for LR ?
Overall - positive. The fact that the site was created in the first place shows huge devotion to the vehicle. The fact that there are over 3000 members, with many 'regulars' showing massive commitment to the vehicle, and all of us praising it to the highest of almightyness, defending it against the competition, commending it for all its ability and glory, taking it on trips and events, using it to its full, showcasing the various potential of the car, spending a good part of our lives talking about it and relating to it - it just goes to glorify the car itself and the people who own them.

The forum has created a close community from all over the world of people who love and couldn't live without their D3s. People who rely on it for their careers and their development, people who own one under the belief (and fact!) that there is no better all-round vehicle. We all get to know and respect other owners, and learn the stories of other D3s - cars with souls and talees of their own.

To any potential buyer - it demonstrates that the D3 isn't just a car but a part of our lives. It's one hell of an almighty advert for Land Rover. In fact, they ought to be paying us for this! Wink Yes, it also shows its faults and issues, but so do all car forums - it's not unique to the D3. It also goes to show that the faults are usually quickly fixed and the permagrin thrills of the ownership quickly outwieght any inconveniences of a fault.

Is the forum a positive or negative thing for its users ?

Again, on the whole, positive. As well as creating the community and passion as described above, it is an absolutely gold mine of information and resources. There is no other place on the internet as resourceful and downright knowledgably and perfect for the D3.
Yes, we get quite a few people worried and deterred from buying after reading some horror stories of reliability - but we soon batter sense into them once they're introduced to basque in the glory of the car.

Is the general tone / theme of the forum positive or negative ?

The multitude of users have combined to create a very much so positive tone. The forum is resonsibly for many a strong friendship and has aided people in getting to know others, as well as teaching and educating. Yes, the odd argument breaks out but they are nearly all civilised and intellectual - and usually quite an entertaining debate and spectacle for the rest of us Whistle .
It can't be anything other than good that everybody gets on so well and is so utterly helpful, to those they know and also to newbies who pop their head in with a question. Welcoming and positive and the two words most newbies would associate with their entrance into the community.
I'm not ashamed in the least in saying that DISCO3.CO.UK has become a part of my life. I only joined after being intrigued by a new car that had entered the family... little did I know that in a years or two's time I would be travelling up and down the country attending off road events and training with people I'd met on the internet (doesn't sound good when you say it like that Shocked ). It has allowed me to meet new people and learn new things - I have become passionate about the D3 and Land Rovers in general, as well as the skill that is off roading and all that is associated. And I know I'm not the only one who spends a lot of time on here, which suggests that the forum has done a lot and meant a lot for a lot of people. Admit it if they like, we know either way.

Has this changed over the years that we have been here ?

Not that I can recall - I think it's always been this good. Thumbs Up Time has simply allowed a wider range of people from different backgrounds and with different reasons for D3 ownership to join us.

That reaaally went over my 5 minute break... I've got lost time to make up!! Evil or Very Mad
 2007 Porsche Boxster (987) 2.7
2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE G4 Challenge (1 of 68)
2023 Defender 90 D250 X-Dynamic HSE 

Post #20760924th Sep 2007 9:09 pm
JMC

Scotland 

Is the forum a positive thing or negative thing for LR ?
Some say there's no such thing as bad press Confused I reckon it's positive on balance.

Is the forum a positive or negative thing for its users ?
Can only be positive as it is often educational. Negative for many SWMBO's

Is the general tone / theme of the forum positive or negative ?
Generally positive

Has this changed over the years that we have been here ?
Recent changes I've noticed have made it feel more like a kids playground with name-calling and small scraps. I also reckon some mods have been slow to counter this and sometimes even quick to join in. I suppose this would be expected in any 'small community' but I wonder what effect the banter has on new viewers. By the same token - it wouldn't be the same without it Laughing
 The older I get, the more I realise that people confuse wrinkles for wisdom Smile
Founder member of Club FFRRV
Club Orange, Mint or Fruit
Club Walnut Sniffers

Post #20771124th Sep 2007 10:44 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

CY wrote:
simon - you're getting my 5 minutes break before I crack on with my essay writing (just hit 1,100 words!) - so feel privilaged! Laughing

Bow down Bow down Thumbs Up

Post #20771324th Sep 2007 10:47 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >