Page 3 of 4 <1234>
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

yup... so ironic eh Wink

Post #8056425th Aug 2006 10:20 am
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Matthew Taylor (former MD of Land Rover) is now JCB's Sales and Marketing Director.

Post #8056525th Aug 2006 10:27 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

That's the bloke Thumbs Up
 The End  
Post #8056725th Aug 2006 10:29 am
dldisco3

Belgium 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Censored

Quote:
JCB chairman expresses Jaguar interest
By John Griffiths in London and Alistair Weaver on the Bonneville Salt Flats, Utah

Published: August 23 2006 23:24 | Last updated: August 23 2006 23:24

Sir Anthony Bamford, chairman of the JCB construction machinery group, would be interested in buying Jaguar if Ford was prepared to split the troubled carmaker from Land Rover, he told the Financial Times last night.

They only want Jag, not LR... Banging Head

Post #8058225th Aug 2006 11:24 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Very Annoyed

England 

I hope JCB do buy LR - I know the Bamford's! Smile
 Loving the power of the TDV8!  
Post #8058425th Aug 2006 12:13 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Another player shows his cards

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,9067-2328687,00.html
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #8061725th Aug 2006 3:07 pm
catoperator

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Alveston RedDiscovery 3
jcb

if they do buy lr don,t expect build quality or dealer backup to improvethe last 3 new jcb,s i.ve had have had lots of problems Embarassed

Post #8063125th Aug 2006 3:51 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

JCB engine in a D3
what if they put this one in???????????????? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/main.j...t_30082006
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #8149930th Aug 2006 11:01 pm
zebadee

Ireland 

Good Lord……JCB owning Land Rover.

I have a couple of BMW owning friends who just love to sneer anyone who owns anything other than a BMW. I’ve already had to endure the smugness of them over their X3 (yuck) so will I have to listen to if JCB end up owning LR Shocked

Post #8170131st Aug 2006 2:27 pm
dylansdad

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

not such a bad thing.........imagine the new accessories they would bring out for the D3!!!!
 2004 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi Silver  
Post #8172331st Aug 2006 3:06 pm
Guy

United Kingdom 

Back to the days of hydrolastic supension? Thud

Post #8172831st Aug 2006 3:15 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

I hate to spoil the party guys but JCB have expressed no interest whatsoever in Land Rover.......Bamfords statement made it clear they are interested in Jaguar only I'm afraid Wink

Strange you would have thought that LR would be an excellent tie in for JCB.... Crying or Very sad
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #8173931st Aug 2006 3:44 pm
simon

some news sources now say Ford are looking into the possibility of selling Aston Martin... still no confirmation of Jag being sold and certainly no news on LR being sold.

Post #8176231st Aug 2006 5:50 pm
simon

An unnamed source just pinged me with this internal memo re all this... interesting Smile

------------------------

Went out to all Premier Automotive Group brands and Ford of Europe employees

I wanted you to see the attached press release that we are issuing today announcing that Ford Motor Company has begun the process of exploring strategic options for Aston Martin, with particular emphasis on a potential sale of all or a portion of the business.

I want to reinforce with you a couple of key points related to the announcement.
We have taken this step to explore the strategic options available for Aston Martin because we feel it is the best way forward in terms of both allowing Aston Martin to reach its full potential, while also enabling Ford to efficiently raise capital for its other brands.

To our Aston Martin colleagues, I want to confirm my strong support for the great transformation that you have achieved with the brand in recent years. We are looking at the best options for Aston Martin to ensure a prosperous future for the brand. I can assure you our intent is to provide a solid basis for the positive transformation to continue and for the business to maintain its strong momentum.

As you can see from the press release, Bill Ford has also stated that we've made no final decisions concerning the other PAG brands, and that our review of the strategic alternatives continues. Significantly, Bill also praises Jaguar for its progress, and the strength and customer appeal of Jaguar, Land Rover and Volvo product ranges. This endorsement sends a strong signal, especially given all the recent speculation we have seen about PAG in the news media.

However, it is even more critical than ever that we re-double our efforts at all the PAG brands to improve our profitability. Early in August we announced that PAG would not meet its objective of being in profit at the end of the year. This was a great disappointment, especially at a time when we need to be as profitable as possible to help the North American operations as they go through their Way Forward plan.

I would ask all of you – and not just those of you working in the PAG brands but also in Ford of Europe too – not be distracted by the speculation and rumours that are likely to continue to surface in the press. Our objective is to stay completely focussed on improving our businesses and to ensure that we achieve the best possible results at each of our brands during the remainder of 2006.

L.W.K. Booth
(Press release attached)

NEWS

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

FORD TO EXPLORE STRATEGIC OPTIONS FOR ASTON MARTIN

DEARBORN, Mich., August 31, 2006 – Ford Motor Company announced today it has begun the process of exploring strategic options for Aston Martin, with particular emphasis on a potential sale of all or a portion of the unit.

“As part of our ongoing strategic review, we have determined that Aston Martin may be an attractive opportunity to raise capital and generate value," said Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Bill Ford. “Aston Martin Lagonda has flourished under Ford ownership, which is why we believe it is prudent to consider a sale of all or part of this prized brand. Since Aston Martin’s dealer network, product architecture and size are distinctly different from other Ford brands, it is the most logical and capital-smart divestiture choice. The objective of any sale would be to position Aston Martin within a structure and resource base sufficient to allow it to reach its full potential, while enabling Ford to efficiently raise capital for its other brands.”

Mr. Ford added, "Regarding our other Premier Automotive Group brands, we've made no decisions, as our review of strategic alternatives continues. However, we continue to be encouraged by Jaguar's progress and by the strength and consumer appeal of the Jaguar, Land Rover and Volvo product lineups."

The company said there can be no assurance that the decision to explore strategic options for Aston Martin will result in any transaction, which would be subject to Board approval.

Post #8182731st Aug 2006 8:40 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

http://www.forbes.com/home/feeds/afx/2006/09/03/afx2990472.html

...interesting where it states that Ford is now unlikely to want to sell LR at all.

Perhaps we can soon put this speculation to bed Very Happy
Post #831246th Sep 2006 1:28 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >