Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

JKP Detail - Leather Treatments and Repair
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
jkp

Scotland 
JKP Detail - Leather Treatments and Repair

As an additional service to detailing, I can now offer specific leather treatments suited to your D3, RRS or FFRR. These range from cleaning, repair and restoration to protection.

Cleaning
It's important to understand you can only clean dirt and contaminents from on top of the leather and not from in the leather. Trying to remove dirt that has been pushed into the leather can cause damage to the finished surface, especially to the newer HSE's with premium leather. Dirt accumulation on the surface will cause damage over time if not safely removed. Dye transfer on light leathers if not addressed quickly will do just that dye the leather and cannot be simply cleaned off.

Repair and Restoration
Scuffs, cuts, dye transfer and chemical damage can be addressed.

Protection
The application of suitable protection to cleaned and repaired leather will minimise future damage from chemical, oil, grease, dye transfer and drink spills.

I know this is a limited geographic service, and to that end I have been working with a leather care company and I have a one step clean and protect product coming into stock next week. This product is easy to use and designed to remove dirt and leave a protective finish. The product can also be used on your home furniture as well. Application of this easy to use product to a D3 should take no more than 10 minutes.

I know it may seems contradictory that I offer a service as well as a DIY product, the difference being the strength and durability as well as application. The DIY cleaner is a perfect maintenance product for light dirt and can be used as often as you wish. A monthly wipe down will be sufficient to keep on top of your leather care.

If you would like to know anymore, or would like me to have a look at your interior just let me know.

Regards, John

Post #44454626th Mar 2009 11:29 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SJR

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3
Re: JKP Detail - Leather Treatments and Repair

jkp wrote:

I know this is a limited geographic service,

jkp wrote:

No such thing as limited coverage

I detail anywhere for the right amount of used notes

Whistle Wink Thumbs Up
 I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 - 

Post #44454726th Mar 2009 11:34 am
jkp

Scotland 

No limit to detailing coverage, but leather treatments as a stand alone service ain't worth me travelling the length of the country to do on it's own.

Now combine a detail and leather treatment and I may consider international coverage...for the right amount plus expenses Thumbs Up Whistle

Post #44455126th Mar 2009 11:44 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SJR

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

Thumbs Up
 I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 - 

Post #44455226th Mar 2009 11:45 am
ronp

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Off Topic John, how are you getting on finding a replacement for your D3.
The reason I ask is, I was in Stratstones Stockton and saw a nice D3 on the forecourt.
[You could have checked it out since you were down that way]
But didn't know what you'd be after.
So, thinking on, do you wish to provide a brief to us forum members and we can keep an eye out for a potential suitable model???

Or should we just mind our own business. Wink

btw. I'm aware of a Black G4 specced D3 complete with A frame, winch, RAI etc that's going to come into stock soon.
 I was a normal heterosexual chap, but in these new woke awakenings I now identify as a Wardrobe.  
Post #44455826th Mar 2009 11:51 am
jkp

Scotland 

No Ron help is appreciated,

Looking for a 57/08 HSE in stornoway, ebony, (privacy glass and TV if possible)

Emailed a few dealers last night, and will follow up with calls today. Thumbs Up

Post #44458226th Mar 2009 12:24 pm
ronp

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

The one I saw that drew my attention was a 57 plate Stornoway Grey with bright trim to roofrails, window trim, mirror caps etc, BUT later I found out it was a GS with HSE alloys. Price was around £21.9k.
Nice looking D3 though.
Tried their website but it's not loading for me.

Might it be worth putting your D3 request on a separate thread ????
 I was a normal heterosexual chap, but in these new woke awakenings I now identify as a Wardrobe.  
Post #44461126th Mar 2009 1:00 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >